THE AVSIM GOLDSTAR AWARDED SSW FRF-104G IS OUT FOR P3D v4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE AVSIM GOLDSTAR AWARDED SSW FRF-104G IS OUT FOR P3D v4

THE AVSIM GOLDSTAR AWARDED SSW FRF-104G IS OUT FOR P3D v4

SIM SKUNK WORKS LOCKHEED FRF-104 G tailored for P3D v4 (x64) has been published
    All previous customers that wants to upgrade their FRF-104G from FSX / P3D 2/3 to this version can have 15 € discount,
    To this end open a ticket on SSW help desk with a proof of purchase.

WHAT'S NEW
    The model has been widely revised with several enhancements.
    It has now an "as real" NASAR R15 A radar, with antenna tilt an antenna gain full operational in both A2A and A2A modes:
    AIR 2 AIR MODE
    - a/a search and track
    - radar lock
    - radar attack
    - break away
    AIR 2 GROUND MODE
    - Ground map pencil
    - Ground Map Spoiler
    - Countour Map
    - Terrain avoidance

The package contains F/RF-104 G MAP and Consortium models in Belgian, Danish, Dutch, German, Hellenic, Italian, Spanish, Turkish versions,
    all differences in internal configurations and external loadout have been maintained for historical correctness.
    VACMI installation (free) is required.
    All weapon loadout/drop/launch are working both in single and multiplayer provided that vACMI has been installed and activated.
    A custom menu for each version (Fighter/Bomber,Interceptor,F/B 'Recce' and RF) gives the possibility to load and use complete variery of weapons.
    TackPack not supported yet.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nasarr15a.1.jpg   nasarr15a.2.jpg   zippergx64.jpg  
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

Nice!!! Will get the G as soon as i´m back home. Thanks!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Awesome! I will get all the SSW P3D V4 updates when I start using that sim.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Ssw frf-104g installer faults

The FRF-104G for P3D v4 recently distributed has some minor errors caused by the installer that will be corrected soon.
    Meantime users should visit the SSW HELP DESK FAQ's:
    in order to easily correct such errors.
    Apologize for that, soon a new installer will be available.
    /SSW

Please, can you post here when the corrected installer is available?
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

NOTAM TO THE USERS:
    The purchased and downloaded FRF-104G core files are only a part of the software we provide to you.
    To complete the "ZIPPER" please download and install from HERE textures and liveries.

We split the installation in two files for your convenience and to speed up downloading process avoiding to clog the server since textures are contained int an huge file.

Customers that have purchased previous for FSX/P3D 2/P3D 3 can have a diso**** coupon of 15€ provided make a request trough helpdesk with a proof of purchase.
    Enter in SSW web shop -> F104G for P3Dv4 and click the "HERE" word in the text above. Download the file and install it.

My mistake, I'm used to everything being in one file. Now, the question is, will old repaints work with this new version?

Great addon and now with quite a few RCAF aircraft :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone else having issues getting the radar to work?

Are you using shift=z to switch the radar on and cycle through the modes, and ctrl=z to alter the range ? You need the engine running to provide power. Works perfect for me.
    Have you installed the map and terrain files...UK...Italy and Germany ?

/Russell.

Those key combos do nothing for me, in fact ctrl-z turns alt hold on and off. I'm cycling the modes by clicking on the button. The different modes are being registered on the telelight panel next to the radar screen, but the screen stays blank.

Yes, ctrl+z does switch altitude hold on/off and shift+z cycles the coordinates and fps script...but they also change the range and cycle the modes on the radar. Which country are you flying in ? From what you said, it sounds as though it's working. If you haven't, load it in either Italy, UK, or Germany IF you've installed the map and terrain files for those countries (download them from the SimSkunkWorks site.)

/Russell.

I have indeed installed the country files but I have only tried from inside the US. I would imagine the air to air mode should still work regardless of region though? I'll try from UK, Germany, or Italy this evening to be sure.

Yes, the AA radar should work no matter where you are. It sounds like Red Panda isn't starting up. I just removed Red Panda from mine and got exactly what you are getting...nothing on the radar. In your main P3Dv4 folder open the SimSkunkWorks folder. It should contain three folders...vACMI...WebSimBrowser and WebSimConnect. Open the WebSimConnect folder and double click the RedPanda.exe and see if the radar works. If that fails, open a ticket on the SimSkunkWorks help desk. They are better equipped to help.

/Russell.

Reported radar problems

It happens that some users can't have the radar working (blank screen), it could be related with redpanda server cache specially if those user have a previous version of F-104.
    We suggest to delete the file containing instructions for the cache, delete is safe since in most case cache does not matter.
    Such file is:
    /Prepar3D v4/SimSkunkWorks/WebSimBrowser/2.1/64/WebSimBrowser.ini
    I recommend also to download and install the latest version 4.1.1 which installer should be bug free.
    Recall also that keys combinations to manage the radar can be customized editing the keymap.ini file in the aircraft main folder.
    /SSW
    btw:
    Once again i like to point out that the best place for this matter is the SSW help desk, i cannot assure timely answers here.

Thanks for the reply. In fact I have an open ticket with the help desk, I just came here to see if anyone had any other insight. I've already downloaded the latest version, cleared the chached ini file per thenhelp desk's instruction. When the sim loads I get a pop up saying red panda is running.

Quote Originally Posted by smoky942 View Post
    Yes, the AA radar should work no matter where you are. It sounds like Red Panda isn't starting up. I just removed Red Panda from mine and got exactly what you are getting...nothing on the radar. In your main P3Dv4 folder open the SimSkunkWorks folder. It should contain three folders...vACMI...WebSimBrowser and WebSimConnect. Open the WebSimConnect folder and double click the RedPanda.exe and see if the radar works. If that fails, open a ticket on the SimSkunkWorks help desk. They are better equipped to help.

/Russell.
    I actually have no vACMI folder. Manually starting RedPanda puts an error message on my radar screen, seen here, https://imgur.com/56KTQ8b

Ok so I got it to work. Turns out I was missing vACMI. After that the radar came on but it took a while. I'm assuming a warmup period is simulated?

Anyway, sorry to derail this release thread. Feel free to delete my posts.

Òut of curiosity, can red panda and web sim connect be turned off? I really just want to fly a simpler version like I had in P3D v3 without the overhead of the moving maps etc.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

will SSW update the external model and the Cockpit texture?
    the starfighter is my favorite jet and SSW made the only nice starfighter i can flew in a simulation,
    but i think the rocket with a man in it, need some love
    would be nice to see the starfighter in today standarts, hope you guys understand what i mean.

I haven't noticed any performance hit by using the radar.

It is possible to run out redpanda but it needs to edit panel.cfg.
    Better open a ticket on SSW help desk.
    However no overhead in radar use since red panda is an external process that does not affect the sim itself.
    /SSW

Quote Originally Posted by DonJosh View Post
    will SSW update the external model and the Cockpit texture?
    the starfighter is my favorite jet and SSW made the only nice starfighter i can flew in a simulation,
    but i think the rocket with a man in it, need some love
    would be nice to see the starfighter in today standarts, hope you guys understand what i mean.
    Both external and internal textures has been revised using the "redux" technology, lined up with standards (and a bit above imho)
    May be you have more specific info or flaws that could be corrected, today card configuration may heavily affect performances and graphic rendering quality.
    regards
    /SSW

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    Both external and internal textures has been revised using the "redux" technology, lined up with standards (and a bit above imho)
    May be you have more specific info or flaws that could be corrected, today card configuration may heavily affect performances and graphic rendering quality.
    regards
    /SSW
    i will send you a pn with my thoughts, i think it is better than hijack this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    regards
    /SSW
    Hi SSW1, could you, please, post some screenshots of the V3 and V4 version to compare ! I already own the P3D V3 version, I love it
    Regards
    PAT
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

Members who have read this thread: 0