Experience with FTX OpenLC EU

Thread: Experience with FTX OpenLC EU

Experience with FTX OpenLC EU

Does anybody have any experience with FTX OpenLC EU in P3D V4, perfomance etc.? And does it have a huge impact on the region in regards to realism?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with FTX OpenLC EU in P3D V4, perfomance etc.? And does it have a huge impact on the region in regards to realism?
    as long as you own FTX global, there shouldnt be a problem, I struggle to fault it, at times the tiles seem out of place, but I live on the other side of the world

one thing about FTX they are all about eye candy, and the package doesnt fail, as for 100% accuracy, I dont know and I dare say its not 100% spot on, I only say this as they cant even get their own home country right, Im not sure how they can cover several

as for impact in v4, i have seen none thus far, im one that would be considered a non FTX fan however from someone who doesnt know the region like i know my own it does bring it to life and I fairly openly say 8 out of 10 from me

I have checked Greece and it is a huge improvement. I can say that the accuracy is good but most importantly, the overall feeling of the country is very similar to what I see for real when I fly. For me it is 9 out of 10.

FTX Global Base/OpenLC Europe/Global Vector/Trees. Average around 40 fps down to around 30 over big cities. (i7-4960X@3.60GHz;16GBRAM;GTX1070;W7/64Pro; 2560x1600@30"). Certainly not 100% accurate of course but the next best thing i guess. Re my own neck of the woods Netherlands, we are a land of water and its all there but the ground textures don't play along. Overall here too it's next best to photoreal.

Since you're in Denmark here's a bit of Kopenhagen :

Off from Roskilde heading north-west:

The Netherlands - Noord Holland:

Somewhere over Luxembourg :

It's long live Orbx/FTX in my flightsim book but big fan of France VFR as well and waiting for P3Dv4 compatible Austria Pro. ;-)

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    as long as you own FTX global, there shouldnt be a problem, I struggle to fault it, at times the tiles seem out of place, but I live on the other side of the world

one thing about FTX they are all about eye candy, and the package doesnt fail, as for 100% accuracy, I dont know and I dare say its not 100% spot on, I only say this as they cant even get their own home country right, Im not sure how they can cover several

as for impact in v4, i have seen none thus far, im one that would be considered a non FTX fan however from someone who doesnt know the region like i know my own it does bring it to life and I fairly openly say 8 out of 10 from me

That´s right. It is a huge improvement and worth every cent but - of course - not 100 % accurate (how would they sell regions in that case !). I would not fly without ORBX/FTX for sure!

I would also highly recommend all the Global products including Open LC. They bring a huge improvement to vast areas, for what can be considered great value, especially right now during their sale. I would recommend the Global products (Base, Vector, Open LC) to all types of flyers too, from GA to Tubeliner pilots.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Thanks guys, I will purchase this tonight

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

I totally recommend it!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    Hi Montie

I can see that you are located in Denmark. If you want a Landclass for Denmark, this is a MUST have: http://www.jkelloggs.dk/scenery/denmarkmapx

It is almost 100 procent correct with coastlines and cities in Denmark. And you can use it for very precise vfr navigation.

Be sure you place it above FTX scenery in the scenery library.

I also recommend this site: http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/denmark.html

In particular "Denmark scenery 1.4". You can download it here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=172569

I have not tested all of the sceneries on that page. But as they are for FSX, I believe they should work in P3D V4.

But be cautious, if they have installers.
    I think I would create a dummy FSX file, and install in that first. And then transfer it manually to the Addons in P3D.
    Or if you prefer to use the more sophisticated system with the xml. files

Members who have read this thread: 0