Sky Color in P3Dv4 (moved from v4 Screenshots)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky Color in P3Dv4 (moved from v4 Screenshots)

Sky Color in P3Dv4 (moved from v4 Screenshots)

Which cloud and sky textures are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    love this sim !

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    Which cloud and sky textures are you using?
    Im using AS16 in Global Automatic mode together with Envtex . Entex is a REX type program that has textures. Now, if you have AS16 in Global Automatic or Full Dynamics mode the textures from AS16 or Entex are injected into the sim randomly (I believe)

Somethings I am not clear about at the moment but Entex is a WIP - so I may request something like appropriate textures for a given enviroment. (..or maybe they already do that ?)

One thing it seems to do though is loose that beautiful blue on a clear summer day, so I suggest a backup of default sky.

I am not fully up to speed on this thing yet but everyday in the sim is different and looks good

One thing it seems to do though is loose that beautiful blue on a clear summer day, so I suggest a backup of default sky.
    I was so thrilled when I finally installed ASP4 and ASCA, really didn't like that deep blue sky in P3D, not sure that hue has existed since the 1960s. It's all about the haze, smog, and off colors now, even out in the boonies of New Mexico. Sad but true.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    I was so thrilled when I finally installed ASP4 and ASCA, really didn't like that deep blue sky in P3D, not sure that hue has existed since the 1960s. It's all about the haze, smog, and off colors now, even out in the boonies of New Mexico. Sad but true.
    I agree with you on the sucky sky. I keep waiting for REX to get their act together. I understand that Reed had family health issues that set REX back on the upgrades to V4.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post

Could not disagree more !

Sure, high population density areas may suffer pollution. You maybe city dwellers or something but there is a vast amount of BLUE sky around the planet

Here's a couple of shots - the sort of thing I am refering to . Still available today !!

England and Australia . We could go to any continent on the globe and get our clear blue sky

sorry to but in, the pic from Aus is Cairns (because lived there for over 12yrs)and in the tropics where the sky reflects the great barrier reef, if you get a pic from say south of the tropics then its a different colour again or go 200nm off the coast it changes again and then again if the weather is rough offshore the sky colour changes once more

I know when i was in Iraq the sky wasn't blue it was a grey/brown colour 24/7

So your saying you have never seen a clean blue sky ?

Doesn't the water reflect the sky . Can the sky reflect the Great Barrier reef ?

I have lived in England, Germany, Cypress and Australia. I have lived in South Australia up near the southern Flinders ranges. Spent time a little further north and nothing will convince me to the contrary. Plenty of blue skies ( ..except I'm in Melbourne now - which kinda blows that theory !! )

Here's a pic off the net - in the middle of Aus and a bit south, S.A.outback, inland by hundreds of miles
    I could put some Artic shots or Mediterranian or more .

Cheers...Alan

So your saying you have never seen a clean blue sky ?

Doesn't the water reflect the sky . Can the sky reflect the Great Barrier reef ?
    Yes in the middle southern Indian ocean looking a 777 & America Soma and Micronesia

traditional southern Asian fishermen can navigate from Indonesia with a wet compass and by the green clouds and skies since they first ventured out

I lookrd out my window there is no blue sky today it was all grey and its like this for 6ths of the yr, you will find most tropical regions will have more grey due to the humidity and when you a few hundred miles off the coast the sky changes and so does the water,

however I do feel sorry for you living in Vic, i will only go there again if hey offer me a payrise

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

however I do feel sorry for you living in Vic, i will only go there again if hey offer me a payrise
    Lol ...and not even then .

I wish you blue skies - Cheers

Blog Entries
    The blue in the sky comes from the refraction of sunlight by the atmosphere. The blue light waves are shorter and get scattered more. Atmosphere pollutants such as dust can influence the sky color by blocking or obscuring the blue.

The red and orange at sunset and sunrise comes from the greater density of atmosphere the light has to travel through at that low angle to the horizon. Only the longer red wavelengths can get through, the rest is absorbed by the atmosphere. Here too, dust in the air will cause the hues and intensity to change. A year or so ago, Arizona had beautiful sunsets because of the pollutions from grass fires.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Yes in the middle southern Indian ocean looking a 777 & America Soma and Micronesia

traditional southern Asian fishermen can navigate from Indonesia with a wet compass and by the green clouds and skies since they first ventured out

I lookrd out my window there is no blue sky today it was all grey and its like this for 6ths of the yr, you will find most tropical regions will have more grey due to the humidity and when you a few hundred miles off the coast the sky changes and so does the water,

OK ....... rather OT but he started it:
    We might not let you in Matt, us 'Mexicans' are very choosy when it comes to outsiders!
    As for 'Blue Skies', shot earlier this week, soft blue late afternoon Mid-Winter on Bass Strait.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Anything south of T-vile is Mexico anything under 19* is blizzard weather and we have to turn the fans off and think about swapping the ole wife basher for a tshirt

But your right ive been thru the straight and across that horrible stretch of water between sale and albany more times that I wish and yep I do agreee the sky is considerably different in colour to normal parts of Australia

Man. I knew it - I should of taken a photo of this mornings sky in Melbourne . Puffy clouds in a nice BLUE sky ! ..of course later on it greyed over and now its cold and wet where I am .

I found an interesting link to the techniques of the ancient mariners . Thanks for the info jeansey...

http://ageofex.marinersmuseum.org/in...tiontool&id=10

Man. I knew it - I should of taken a photo of this mornings sky in Melbourne . Puffy clouds in a nice BLUE sky ! ..of course later on it greyed over and now its cold and wet where I am .

I found an interesting link to the techniques of the ancient mariners . Thanks for the info jeansey...

http://ageofex.marinersmuseum.org/in...tiontool&id=10
    many of those are still used today in the remote region of Indonesia and Papua, many small villages cant afford GPS units for their little fleets and rely on the wet compass and sky colour to find their way to the fishing grounds to catch shark fin and trepang

they regularly stray into Australian waters and find themselves at the long arm of the law,

however over the past few yrs as hand held gps units have become cheaper they have started to catch up with modern methods of navigation and have no excuse to be in Aus waters

I know when i was in Iraq the sky wasn't blue it was a grey/brown colour 24/7
    You could actually see the sky??????

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thought I'd add to the discussion.
    All shot at Cairns Bay (Victoria) around 16:00 on 10-/08/2017, ambient around 13C and very windy.
    Only change from original format is a 50% resize (so you get all the hickeys!).
    Time span around 15 minutes between each frame.

And a complete contrast just for good measure.
    Taken on one of the rare early Winter days (May IIRC) around 15:00, in the Peninsula National Park.
    Bright Cobalt Blue sky with absolutely no traces of cloud.
    No post process editing aside from cropping). (This from my original backups)

This looks nice:

http://1coder.ru/SKY/

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you for the link, YoYo! I'm always interested in/chasing after sky textures that look accurate to life in the sim (there are about 6 or 7 different daytime sky textures I switch between/rotate through with REX on a regular basis (in FSX), depending on the look I want, what aircraft/scenery I'm using, etc.).

Thank you YoYo - I have since done a re-install of the sim and have lost my cloud textures and sky because there is a a randomness involved .

I will be enjoying playing around with these ones you have highlighted .

Thanks Wombat - vindicated !! ...

I installed the "KIWI" Sky Texture choice from the given link above into ASCA - loaded up and fired up the sim and now all my ground textures are missing . Ive been searching around and haven't been able to put my finger on the cause. I'm in the process of a complete reinstall. I will try this again.

It is only recently I lost my ground textures before, and during the uninstall process I uninstalled some aircraft and the textures reappeared . Doesn't make sense to me but there you go !..I'm wondering whether there's a glitch with V4

Anybody else had missing ground textures ?

It is only recently I lost my ground textures before, and during the uninstall process I uninstalled some aircraft and the textures reappeared . Doesn't make sense to me but there you go !..I'm wondering whether there's a glitch with V4

Not me, but I've only installed A2A, ASP4/ASCA, UTX/GEP3D, and F1's GN 650/750 after they were fixed for v4.

I installed the "KIWI" Sky Texture choice from the given link above into ASCA - loaded up and fired up the sim and now all my ground textures are missing . Ive been searching around and haven't been able to put my finger on the cause. I'm in the process of a complete reinstall. I will try this again.

Ground textures never "dissapear" physically.
    Most of the times, they are just delayed by a longer than usual scenery loading time or something similar. Often, it's linked to the shader files.
    Before a reinstall, the first thing to do is always to delete the shaders files in appdata\local\... and relaunch the sim (and wait a long time for that "first" scenery reload to complete).

Thank you Daube . 'tis to late , the old sim is dead and gone and the new one up and running . Over a period of a couple of days . I have to say , although tedious its a bit quicker than it used to be with ssd's and realising I could copy back in Orbx backups ( I have quite a bit )

However, thanks for the tip with the shaders - I'll do that if I have a next time . Slow loading was not the problem . The sim was sitting idle for some length of time

Members who have read this thread: 0