New eye candy

Thread: New eye candy

New eye candy

this is looking very very nice and perfect for V4, it might be time to replace the ole HD tree package that I have installed

https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/a...g-terra-flora/

the snow and rain forest shots have me interested

Looks good.

Thanks for the HU.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Very interesting. Russ White is a master of vegetation as seen in all of his airports. I just purchased Idaho Falls which was just released.

I have been watching a lot of past preview video streams from D'Andre at Air Daily X and they make some good viewing. On the weekend I was watching an old one previewing KMBS before it was released, and during that D'Andre cut to a video from Russ White displaying some amazing vegetation models/technology for simulators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d5RooXDxT0

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Wow! Impressive!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

You ain't just whistling Dixie.

Stunning.We wants it precious.

Anthin.

I better start saving for that 8 GHz CPU and 24 GB GPU.

This is the sort of thing that gets me excited . Vegetation is the biggest need in my sim . We need a large library of plants to make it "as real as it gets "

Then after that - someone to make "regional real buildings" to replace default.

I'm in .

Blog Entries
    This looks interesting. I purchased the HD Trees from Orbx. However, at least where I live, the trees aren't realistic. They have way too many evergreen trees like firs. We have large oak, pecan, and hickory trees down in Louisiana. The only natural evergreens are pines, and they are mostly in the northern part of the state.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I'm afraid you might get the same problem with these new trees.
    I mean, in your case the problem was not the tree textures, but the type of trees in the area, right ? And this is decided within the landclass, if I'm not mistaken ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I mean, in your case the problem was not the tree textures, but the type of trees in the area, right ? And this is decided within the landclass, if I'm not mistaken ?
    yes and no

the trees are dictated by the autogen descriptors, the landclass just says what tree description is required for that tile

if you have FT global you are not just limited to their trees, many people use other 3rd party textures with no conflict

as long as TS sick to the stock autogen descriptors his trees will blend in and work flawlessly

But

however based of your argument, it depends on how orbx used the autogen descriptors, if they use a modified one to match their products, that may cause the wrong trees, however if they didnt, its without a doubt a landclass problem

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    You probably are correct. In V3 I used a different tree replacer that I purchased. Before the Orbx trees I used the default trees in V4. I don't remember noticing the skinny trees until I installed the Orbx trees.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Terra Flora looks amazing! A must but for me.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Members who have read this thread: 0