Lionheart Creations Summer Sale

Thread: Lionheart Creations Summer Sale

Lionheart Creations Summer Sale

Big Sale at Lionheart Creations. The following titles are currently $10 each:

- Avelina Elecktra
    - Aerospool Dynamic
    - Epic LT / Dynasty
    - Epic Victory VLJ
    - Diamond DA40
    - Fairchild 24R and 24W Dual Pack
    - Piper Pacer Super Pack
    - Proton Bullette
    - Quickie Q200 Special
    - Quest Kodiak
    - Robin DR400
    - TailWind W8 and W10 Dual Pack
    - Trinidad TB21 GT Turbo

Check it out at http://www.lionheartcreations.com/summer_sale

Thanks for the heads up. I think I have most of them, but might grab the Trinidad which I do not have. I am always flying my Lionheart purchases, they are top notch.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

To be honest, I've never really looked much closer at Bill's work than the threads at FSDeveloper, i.e. previews or troubleshooting something during development.

I know that he delivers top notch visuals, but what about all the other things that make up an add-on? How are the soundsets? Does he use custom sounds for interactive cockpit elements? Do the flight dynamics deliver realistic performance (obviosly does not apply to the fictional models)? Any thought put into some systems modeling on the more complex aircraft (Kodiak or the Epics)?
    Which one's your favourite and why? (Alternatively, verbally stone me for my ignorance.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    To be honest, I've never really looked much closer at Bill's work than the threads at FSDeveloper, i.e. previews or troubleshooting something during development.

I know that he delivers top notch visuals, but what about all the other things that make up an add-on? How are the soundsets? Does he use custom sounds for interactive cockpit elements? Do the flight dynamics deliver realistic performance (obviosly does not apply to the fictional models)? Any thought put into some systems modeling on the more complex aircraft (Kodiak or the Epics)?
    Which one's your favourite and why? (Alternatively, verbally stone me for my ignorance.)
    I will not be able to answer many of your questions. But I will give you my two cents worth. I've bought nearly every model Bill has made since my FS9 days. I still regret him not releasing an FSX version of the Bellanca series. I tend to favor low and slow GA aircraft. I do own the Kodiak Quest and the little Jet Epic as well as most of the fictional models. I guess that my favorite has to be the one I have flown regularly since my purchase immediately upon its release many years ago and that is the Tailwind series. For me it is hands down the best little homebuilt model made for FSX. Steve Wittman had a knack for designing small fast good performing aircraft. Lionheart has nailed it. The little Tailwind is a great model of a great homebuilt. Reminds me of the clip wing monocoupe but with better visibility.

If you want a model of a particular aircraft and no one else makes it, you will love the Lionheart creations. I usually buy every release of his as soon as they are available. Some I have not flown much, but none have I regretted buying. I do not own the Lear and am a little disappointed it is not included in this sale.

If you like GA aircraft, the Robin, the Pacer series, the Quest and of course the Tailwind are my favorites. If you do buy the Tailwind, let me know what you think of it.

Thanks for your thoughts. The Tailwind admittedly wasn't what I had in mind, although the 200 mph top speed makes it very tempting.

Reading some reviews and user optinions of his products, but I'm none the wiser so far.

The tailwind is worth getting just for the included ipod/iphone. It's great listening to tunes while cruising around.

Don't stone me for saying ipod/iphone .

Some of the systems are not 100% modelled. For example in the Victory there is a pressurisation system but the knobs, switches have no real effect in the LH aircraft. Systems are modelled to a high degree in general though.

Mostly they are just really nicely modelled aircraft with charm. Flight dynamics feel real enough to me (I'm no expert). I just really enjoy flying all of LH's aircraft, and always find myself using them without thinking about it. Just the fact that they are such well modelled aircraft of lesser known types such as the Tailwind and the Fairchild 24 series make them great candidates. On sale for $10 they are all no brainers.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

The Tailwind is also my favorite LH aircraft, with the Pacer series a close second, especially the taildragger ones.

Leaning toward the Kodiak and Aerospool at the moment.

Alright, the Kodiak is mine. Still pondering over the other the other model...

- E:

Aerospool it is. I'm so predictable...
    Last edited by Bjoern; July 15th, 2017 at 08:45.

First impressions:
    The Kodiak needs switch sounds and a workaround/fix for the power surge at startup. And maybe a quick MCX fix for the engine/prop deice switches.
    Any freeware PT-6 soundpack recommendations?

After a short test flight, the Aerospool made a better (i.e. less requirement for modifications) impression, being the newer model.
    However, how the constant popping in the engine sound (not sound card related as it's literally part of the sound .wav files) hasn't drawn any complaints yet is beyond me.
    Also, the VAS usage is suspiciously high.

So.. you're impressed then Bjoern

I've a couple of Bill's models.. the Pacer set and the Fairchilds. The Fairchilds in particular seem heavier on resources than something of this size and type should warrant but I don't fly either much so it's not a huge problem.
    ATB
    DaveB

Scott6 sums up Lionheart for me: "Mostly they are just really nicely modelled aircraft with charm.." There are a couple of nice videos on YouTube by 'Socrates' that showcase the Pacers and Fairchilds and the care, verging on love, that went into them - well worth a look.

The power surge on the Kodiak can be dialed down by keeping the condition lever at ~10% and dialling down the fuel_flow_gain in the Aircraft.cfg to 0.01.

And just found this soundset (for the Caravan): http://skyhighflightsim.webs.com/app...a-c208-caravan

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWeevil View Post
    Scott6 sums up Lionheart for me: "Mostly they are just really nicely modelled aircraft with charm.." There are a couple of nice videos on YouTube by 'Socrates' that showcase the Pacers and Fairchilds and the care, verging on love, that went into them - well worth a look.
    "Socrates" is Bill himself.

Members who have read this thread: 0