Lockheed Jetstar II - Page 2
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar II

Awesome !!!
    This aircraft was in my project list. it was Indonesian presidential aircraft (President Soekarno era). now remain on Air Force museum see picture (2 kids left and right side is my son and daughter). I can give a help on gauge, but it will slow help cause I have some other project need to be update and finish.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-140 Jetstar.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post
    Here is a link with some dated captures.. http://www.friendlyflusi.at/index.ph...threadID=18232
    It already looked amazing back in 2010.

The painter in me is hoping during development that there might be consideration in doing a version without the thrust reversers
    and the effect their presence had on the wing tank rear ends. Perfect to have them on private civilian versions but the various
    government and military users typically didn't have them.

Anyway, just a change request early in the project when the impact will be less.
    Last edited by fsafranek; July 7th, 2017 at 10:29.

Jetstar updated information

Guys: I have not forgotten you, just got back and was informed that I need a small liver biopsy (I am doing just fine), so it will be just a little longer to get you the files. With that said and done I am compiling everything including animation files and Textures so forth and so on. Once I have them all together (many) I will contact site administrator to ask how to set up the upload and how/to whom the files will be released too. In the mean time, I am concerned that if I just upload and let everyone get the file.. there will be NO quality control and there will just be a flood of Jetstars which is not my intention. I hope that all that agree to work on the project can come up with a way to coordinate work and distribution of working source files.

Maybe a system to check out a source file, work on it and when finished upload and allow another to add or fix. This could be done by adding a excel worksheet which would show who and what has been done and who has what. Once the person working on it has uploaded the updated source file, she/he could sign-off and allow another to work on it...but I do need thoughts, input and ideas as how to carry this out.

Best

Jim

Hello Jim,
    Happened to see "Hellfighters" last night and thought of the Jetstar.
    Hope you are doing Ok and wondered if a project coordinator materialized...?

Regards,

Yes, me too! Been wondering about the status of this.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Has anyone asked Jim for access to the source code? Think that may be necessary to get the ball rolling.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Just remembered that this thread ran into the sand now a while back. I was very disappointed years ago when FSD cancelled this project with very nice exterior previews and thrilled when out of the blue Jim generously announced he would make finishing it off open to SOH contributors. Anyone heard from Jim or know how he is?

Hi all, well I am back for a short stay, I will apologize for my delay in response but in the past year I have had to deal with a major parent health issue as well as mine which in comparison are minor. I am still interested in the release of the source file for final development as a FREEWARE and Community project. the project needs a serious person to Coordinate and move the project from GMAX to current standards and improve on what ever is needed, a code developer for gauges and system integration, a person for flight dynamics and a graphics person to update or improve on what I did. I do not want everyone to get a hold of the source file and it would be a mess to control quality as many would flood FS with multiple releases and only serve to cause problems. If several current developers want to help with the project.. THAT would be great. Send me a private message if you are interested and I will workout a way to send you the the files you will need.

Best

Jim

panel

Perhaps Fraser McKay's excellent 2D panel, with his permission of course, would pave the way for VC development..?

Just for clarification the VC is done Gauges and hopefully complete system integration is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Perhaps Fraser McKay's excellent 2D panel, with his permission of course, would pave the way for VC development..?

Blog Entries
    I am still willing to convert the models to FSX native as I mentioned before.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Fraser McKay's panel once you get behind the high quality gauges has extensive system integration.
    I realize that being 2D and developed for FS2004 might be seen as obstacles but if I might suggest, take a look
    at the extensive documentation to understand the development Frazer put into his work. Who ever undertakes the VC
    could be pleasantly surprised. (Assuming of course Fraser is Ok with his panel being used as the basis for a VC.) I
    would guess those who feel the a Jetstar attraction have mated up this panel with available aircraft already.

Some pics of panel and sub-panels available.

Available from FlightSim. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ght&fid=181036

Depending on how the panel was set up, a conversion into VC gauges might require lots of effort. If instrument gauge faces are a part of the background bitmap, they'll need to be cut out to be applied to the gauge polys, if there are G: type variables, they'll have to be replaced by suitable L: vars, etc.

Friends, a slight update. I have been in contact with ******** and we just need to iron out a few simple logistic issues, and he will take the project over. Gordon will need help and support from all of you as I have stated before. While I appreciate the 2D panels and I still think they should be included as a option, I truly would love to have a fully integrated VC. The immersion factor of a VC would make this project even more appealing and the existing VC has all the moving switched and knobs (improvements can always be made). Let me state that Gordon is the Project coordinator/conductor, I will just be on the sidelines and help if requested... I am mostly out of the hobby am my polygon tweaking is no longer at par with what is being produced lately. I also have to many personal issues to deal with...but I will be around as principal cheerleader. If all works out okay, might have a few other source files that might be of interest...

Best to all

Jim

You misunderstood us. 3D cockpit controls can be made to interact with Fraser's 2D panels and any systems logic it is using. All just a matter of using the same variables.

I understand, this is the way we did it when I was part of FSD, but once Gordaon has the source file.. he will be the person in charge... I just want it to become a special project that challenges the user. which ever way it will turn out..

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    You misunderstood us. 3D cockpit controls can be made to interact with Fraser's 2D panels and any systems logic it is using. All just a matter of using the same variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post
    Friends, a slight update. I have been in contact with ******** and we just need to iron out a few simple logistic issues, and he will take the project over. Gordon will need help and support from all of you as I have stated before. While I appreciate the 2D panels and I still think they should be included as a option, I truly would love to have a fully integrated VC. The immersion factor of a VC would make this project even more appealing and the existing VC has all the moving switched and knobs (improvements can always be made). Let me state that Gordon is the Project coordinator/conductor, I will just be on the sidelines and help if requested... I am mostly out of the hobby am my polygon tweaking is no longer at par with what is being produced lately. I also have to many personal issues to deal with...but I will be around as principal cheerleader. If all works out okay, might have a few other source files that might be of interest...

Best to all

Jim
    Thanks Jim, very good news..!
    Your efforts bringing this to the community is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Seahawk72s; April 12th, 2018 at 14:45.

Thanks, Jim! This is VERY generous of you!

Don

Definitely want one!

Blog Entries
    What a heckuva project.

I've had a preliminary contact from Jim and we have agreed to breathe some life in to a very deserving project. I'm certainly honored to be considered for the project. I'll give it my best effort. Thank you Jim for making this project available for the community.

First things first, I'll be receiving the master files in the next few days, and give them a comprehensive study. From that point the Gmax model will be translated to Max where I have more freedom to work smoothly with Photoshop and the PBR software. At that point I'll have a clear idea on what needs to be addressed, and put together a work flow profile.

At that point I think we can open a dedicated thread and we can start a conversation about the airplane, history, data, variants etc. I'd like to get an idea of what we would like to see as far as the civilian and government applications. Lyndon Johnson called the bird "Air Force One/Half" because of its size, but also because it could get into fields that the 707 AF One could not. BTW...go have a look at that gorgeous paint scheme. https://media.defense.gov/2016/May/1...-IO108-010.JPG

My intention is to produce an FSXP3D native 32-bit model and a Prepar3D 64-bit model as well. The 64-bit model will accommodate much more detail and be forward compatible as LM evolves the platform. I want to offer a PK as well.

Everyone who posted offering to pitch in, please feel free to drop an update in here or PM me.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

The prototype Jetstar is sitting in the restoration hangar of the Seattle museum of flight, up here in Everett WA. It's accessable for$5 entry fee. FYI.

Gordon this is awesome news!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I would love to participate in this project, I have been looking at the Lockheed Jetstar II from the FSD for some time, but my skills are in the FSDS of Abacus, I've done several with it, but I'll be waiting for the machine
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

This is excellent news that Jim has handed the project over to a very capable lead.
    Have long had a repaint reference folder on this one. Might get to paint a couple of them once she's out.

Good luck with this, Gordon!! This will be a beauty!! Looking forward to this down the road.

Don

Members who have read this thread: 9