Lockheed Jetstar II - Page 11
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar II

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Roland and everyone else that is enthusiastically trying to give the long awaited JSII a new life. It is also wonderful to see it become a community project.

Thank to all of you

Best
    Jim
    Well Jim, for someone who hoped and waited for this aircraft for about the past ten years I have been flying the slipper tanks off her for the past week or so as you might imagine. Your generosity made it happen so we all are very grateful to you. This really is fun!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I assume both ADI gauges are out for repairs (redo)? Currently blank (non functional)
    My left side ADI has always looked good and worked. Think there is a problem with the right seat ADI.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I assume both ADI gauges are out for repairs (redo)? Currently blank (non functional) -

That a Jetstar 1 , like Frasers Panel not a Jetstar 2

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    On right / Co Pilot side we have a model problem- not yet solved. Actually the panel ,cfg copys Captain to Co-Pilot side but there is no(not yet) a hole in the texture to show up

Thanks for making the gauges functional -

When/Why would you want to hit the reset button?
    The needle stops at the highest reading achieved and stays there until reset. Same logic as on a G-meter. At the end of the flight (or for other reasons) the crew can log the max temp on the flight. Maybe for general maintenance tracking, or if limits were exceeded, by how much.

Think how hard it is in a busy takeoff to remember the exact overtemp reading on takeoff if it happens. Thes airplanes likely did not record that much info on old flight recorders.

SOH-CM-2023
    I have a Dedicated FSX (exterior only) model that I have reworked. I'll try to get it up here this afternoon after a few more checks in the sim.

Added the following:

Hard coded landing and taxi lights and respond to the proper switches.
    Enabled reflective textures using the standard alpha channel method.
    Specular textures using the normal (diffuse) textures
    Reworked glass textures that are reflective.
    A few model animations tweaked (mostly animation naming)

I'll try to get it posted by this evening (Eastern Time)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3D3-2021-nov-7-004.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	634.5 KB 
ID:	85028
    You can't take the sky from me...

Nice work Brian.

That a Jetstar 1 , like Frasers Panel not a Jetstar 2
    Ah, got it, yes Garret fanjets vs. PW turbojets, so different gauge information.

Noticed what looks like a speed brake or ???? - how is it controlled? (P3D V4.5)

SOH-CM-2023
    Noticed what looks like a speed brake or ???? - how is it controlled? (P3D V4.5)

Should be Spoiler key

SOH-CM-2023
    OK... Just the exterior FSX model (Tested in P3D v3) with hard coded landing and taxi lights. Reflections turned on with Alpha Channel control of the shine. Specular textures are the regular textures. I might later on do separate Specular textures and if I can find out how to make them, Bumps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

SOH-CM-2023
    At KFCA

Name:	P3D3-2021-nov-11-008.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	412.7 KB 
ID:	85030

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    At KFCA

Name:	P3D3-2021-nov-11-008.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	412.7 KB 
ID:	85030
    Thanks a lot Brian

I don't know why my JS 2 gauges are so blurry vs the Fraser McKay JS 1 gauges. Maybe missing a texture or something?

KSAN at night

What scenery is this? Dynamic lighting is nice.

GE, thanks for asking. It's a freeware Biggin Hill (of all places - 30 minutes from where I happen to be sitting at the moment LOL) that I can't remember where its from but can try to track it down if you want!

Like your KSAN shots. You in San Diego?

GE, thanks for asking. It's a freeware Biggin Hill (of all places - 30 minutes from where I happen to be sitting at the moment LOL) that I can't remember where its from but can try to track it down if you want!

Like your KSAN shots. You in San Diego?

No, I used to be stationed there long time ago (60's early 70's) I am few short miles north of KMEM.
    I'm interested in your Biggin Hill. Glad you like the KSAN shots.
    Is your Biggin Hill for FSX or P3D? I use P3D V4.5

Jetstar II metal texture

I'm gradually getting there --- sorry for the small size and duplicates; new to this forum picture process
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails METAL.jpg   METAL.jpg  

OK... Just the exterior FSX model (Tested in P3D v3) with hard coded landing and taxi lights. Reflections turned on with Alpha Channel control of the shine. Specular textures are the regular textures. I might later on do separate Specular textures and if I can find out how to make them, Bumps.
    Thanks.
    All looks good in FSX(A). I especially like seeing the landing/taxi lights ground splash effect now.
    Light switches working with Fraser 2D panel but not VC. I am actually OK with that as the current VC is not where I like to fly.

I am not sure how the mdl file was reduced by almost 60% is size but I don't see any issues.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    I'm gradually getting there --- sorry for the small size and duplicates; new to this forum picture process
    Looks nice Mike.

Hi,
    Thanks for making the gauges functional -
    When/Why would you want to hit the reset button?
    Info provided by FsDeveloper
    The test button (bottom left) drives the pointer to the vertical position.
    Somewhere else on the panel there should be a Reset switch which returns all max indicators on all instruments to zero.
    I chose the small red knob to implement the reset (before we are ready to have a global Reset Switch in next VC)
    If you think it is better, can use it for the test button.

The overheat light (bottom right) illuminates when the TGT reaches 750C and extinguishes when the TGT drops below 705C.
    In your case (JetStart) I would think they are (respectively) 870 degrees C and 875 degrees C.
    I did a mistake concerning the "overheat light", it should be illuminated by the current ITT value, not he MAX ITT, as now.

I intent to make an update, but I would like to get better needle graphics and a "number strip" (as it was originally) to replace the not so nice value display.
    This could be then used by the other gauges (N1, N2, etc...)

Any graphic art guru willing to contribute ?

Gérard

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Thanks.
    All looks good in FSX(A). I especially like seeing the landing/taxi lights ground splash effect now.
    Light switches working with Fraser 2D panel but not VC. I am actually OK with that as the current VC is not where I like to fly.

I am not sure how the mdl file was reduced by almost 60% is size but I don't see any issues.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Model Converter X tends to "Clean up" the model by quite a bit.

Model Converter X tends to "Clean up" the model by quite a bit.
    In working with MCX have you had a go at getting fan rotation..?

I'm interested in your Biggin Hill. Glad you like the KSAN shots.
    I think this is the Biggin Hill scenery at avsim.com that works well in P3Dv4.5

Filename: fs_egkb_fsx.zip
    License: Freeware, limited distribution
    Added: 15th September 2015, 01:00:41
    Downloads: 3508
    Author: Mark Piccolo - Soarfly Concepts
    Size: 39431kb

Members who have read this thread: 4