P3D v4 How to change add-on install folders

Thread: P3D v4 How to change add-on install folders

P3D v4 How to change add-on install folders

Hi
    While keeping v3, now installing v4. Not sure if this as been adressed before but wonder how to change "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder in C/users admin/documents. My C drive is SSD and just 240 Gb. Noticed that F-100 from Milviz installed directly on P3Dv4 folder the way I´m used to, but had to look for c172 and reinstall to know where it went...read about this on their forum, looks like we may change folders, but with so many different answers not sure about what to do.
    Hope someone will help...

Best regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PoIfWNOdw

This will show you how easy it is to move these common folders to different drives.

You don't have to move all your windows documents folder, you can have just locate your P3D addons anywhere you wish and control lookup of them through the addons.cfg in the prepar3d folder within your Documents folder.
    if you have any A2A aircraft they provide the option to do this way and its simple to mimic it with whatever add on you have be it scenery or aircraft.

The only thing that should be placed in the C:/users admin/documents folder is a tiny .xml file that tells P3D where the actual aircraft is installed. That makes the process not so much of a much...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Thank you all...problem solved

Regards

Members who have read this thread: 1