Mp design studio - sikorsky s-55
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mp design studio - sikorsky s-55

Mp design studio - sikorsky s-55

I just noticed on Simmarket that MP Design Studio have released a Sikorsky S-55.

http://secure.simmarket.com/mp-desig...-fsx-p3d.phtml
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Very interesting! It looks very nice but I also took note of how much realism is modeled into it and it is very nicely priced. That's one I'm adding to my list to buy even though I'm not much of a rotorhead, it looks like it's quite challenging.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh wow ! Where is that coming from ? MP Design is that team who did the Gazelle, right ?
    If that S-55 is as good as the Gazelle, it's a 100% buy for me.

That copter has a piston engine and a clutch for the rotor, right ?
    I would be interested to know if the clutch works correctly, or if it's the same as the default R-22 which always makes the engine stall when engaging the rotor :/

ha!

Westland version will be sold separatly
    after the last one, definitely going to pass on this

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Very interesting! It looks very nice but I also took note of how much realism is modeled into it and it is very nicely priced. That's one I'm adding to my list to buy even though I'm not much of a rotorhead, it looks like it's quite challenging.
    he said said about the gazelle and no one was able to reproduce 1/2 the effects it was claimed to do except a video he posted that showed nothing

As a "Westland version" is in the works I'm gonna hold out for that one and pass on the Sikorsky, tempting as it is.

The "Westland version" hints at one model... but in reality there was far more variety of Whirlwind variants than S-55s. For instance the HAS7 and HAR10 would require considerable alterations to the 3D model and the flight model. They would also require good custom sounds for the Alvis Leonides (very distinctive sound!) and Rolls Royce Gnome. If the S-55 and Whirlwind come out sounding the same I shall be gutted! I live in hope though... If all this comes to pass I shall be as happy as Larry!

HAS7:

HAR10:

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Agree with Jeansy I'm afraid. Despite my initial enthusiasm, the more I lived with the Gazelle.. the less I liked it. Other than the ones highlighted by the author, there's still not a single repaint on the planet for it and I doubt the S-55 or Westland version (if it happens) will be any different. Happy to be surprised though.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Despite my initial enthusiasm, the more I lived with the Gazelle.. the less I liked it. Other than the ones highlighted by the author, there's still not a single repaint on the planet for it and I doubt the S-55 or Westland version (if it happens) will be any different.
    I've gotta come out and say I love flying the MP Gazelle and I'm very pleased to have it. I'm turning blue holding my breath for the Westland Gazelle AH1/HT2 though!

However I agree about the Gazelle paintkit... I hope the S-55 (and Whirlwind) model and paintkit are/will be better mapped and structured and therefore more repaints will likely be forthcoming.

It has been known for modellers to re-map the textures of their models and release a new version (it looks like MilViz might be doing that for their recently released Beaver) and I'd love it if Conver would re-map and re-release his Gazelles. A good paint kit goes a loooooong way to keeping customers happy....

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I'm also a very happy owner of the Gazelle and I fly it quite often, although that dreaded vortex ring state got me on landing quite a few times.

I am still waiting for the westland version of the gazelle promised for last Christmas,and repaints for the Gazelle.

Far too many broken promises for my liking.

I agree with Dave and Jeansy.

Cheers Chris

So... for those who have it, what are your impressions?

So far, I like it. It took forever to download from Simmarket, and took several attempts to get the startup procedure down. Only thing I've noticed so far is that the overhead standby compass is reversed.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Icon9

Hello!
    Our deepest apologies for this error...

Magnetic compass temporary fix for Sikorsky S-55:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...0k5aG0zYlltNTA

Many thanks to WarHorse47 !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23.jpg  

Sticky please! It looks very nice and it's a big part of history!

This Team before it did model of French Gazelle.

S-55 looks always for me like Mil Mi-4. I dont know who was the first :-D.

Mi-4:

S-55:

Pictures from Simmarket :

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Sticky please! It looks very nice and it's a big part of history!

This Team before it did model of French Gazelle.

S-55 looks always for me like Mil Mi-4. I dont know who was the first :-D.

Mi-4:

S-55:

Pictures from Simmarket :
    You would find that the Russians tried to copy the US designs in more ways than just fixed wings ven to a point of reverse engineering captured or stolen aircraft to create their own version

It wasn't until the late 50's the Russians started to develop their own style of helo which is prominent in their designs we know of today

You cant blame them, they only had 2 helo design companies at the start of the cold war and the US has Igor and all the others

Westland version appeals more to me and I wasn't going to get this version... but succumbed. I liked the Gazelle and I'm happy with this. Its certainly a step up from the Old Alpha model which I've enjoyed using for some years. Needs care to fly... already crashed a couple of times... think I stalled the Rotors in my own downwash. Could you show us some pics of the Westland version you have in the works Conver?

Matt

Hello MDIvey
    The main reason why we decided to separate this two helicopters is that because (beside that westland version is made under sikorsky's licence) difference is a very huge. At first look both of them are almost same, but they are not.
    As you know engine used in Westland version (Alvis Leonides) is not same or same characteristics as in Sikorsky (Pratt & Whitney), so very different aircraft.cfg is needed for Westland. Transmission and engine parameters are not same at all... besides that, engine sounds are different...
    Another big reason is that Westland version has a totally different cockpit and gauges. If you try to find something about Westland W-55 cockpit photos you will probably find nothing. So we got a special permission of our AirForce museum here in Serbia to access cockpit of Westland version helicopter which is made under licence in "Soko" Factory in Yugoslavia (also version of Gazelle is made in that factory, you might member Soko Mostar - Gazela SA342 add-on from us).
    A lot of work is needed to convert Sikorsky to Westland and we didn't wanted to just put some other colors, leave the Pratt & Whitney sounds, leave VC as is and say "ok, that's the westland"... it's not and sorry about that.
    It will take some time for us to develop it but it will be done.

Please not that this is very rough work on screenshots and not all livery are shown.
    Regards!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prepar3D-2017-mar-1-030.jpg   Untitled-3.jpg   Untitled-1.jpg   Prepar3D-2017-mar-1-031.jpg  

Looks great Conver... thanks for sharing the WIP shots

Matt

Wow, that's great! Now it's only a small step to a Westland Wessex, innit ???
    Best regards, Manfred.

Conver what is the latest news on the westland version of the gazelle?

Cheers Chris

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Craig check your PMs

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Wow, that's great! Now it's only a small step to a Westland Wessex, innit ???

cough cough

Icon17

Hello everyone!
    Manschy - it might be close to Westland Wessex, who knows... maybe we release it in future.

speedy70 - almost whole Westland Gazelle is done except doppler navigation system used in military Westland variants. It's going to be released just after Cabri G2

As you know folks, we are hard working now on Cabri G2 which is going to be complete helicopter for training purposes. You can train your self in VFR and IFR conditions at all.

I'm interested how do you like effects on Sikorsky S-55? Did you notice exterior sound when windows are opened ? How do you like LTE (Lose of Tail Rotor Effectiveness) when you hover with moderate tail wind for instance? Do you like that that cockpit vibration effect characteristic for piston engine helicopter? VRS ?

Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prepar3D-2017-jun-5-021.jpg   Prepar3D-2017-jun-5-032.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2