Mp design studio - sikorsky s-55 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mp design studio - sikorsky s-55

Hi MDIvey!
    I used a "
    Air Zermatt's base" mission scenery (edited in notepad to call Sikorsky S55) from old SA315 Lama X helicopter add-on just to show you that is possible to lift using hoist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prepar3D-2017-jun-5-046.jpg   Prepar3D-2017-jun-5-024.jpg   Prepar3D-2017-jun-5-045.jpg  

Ok guys I finally bought this model and I have to confess I like it a lot.
    As stated in that topic already, the textures are nice but some of them could use some more details, like ambiant occlusion or weathering or stuff like that, especially in the cockpit.
    I have the milky windows problem too, just like the Gazelle, both in P3Dv4.

Now, my biggest problem is that the S-55 cannot be started from cold&dark, and this is a show-stopper.
    Of course, I could start the engine without problems. However, the engine RPM needle went immediately at more than 3.000 RPMs at idle. Then, when I moved the throttle, the RPMs went up for a few seconds, then returned to idle although my throttle axis was at maximum. Also, the engine RPM needle stayed locked at 4.000 and refused to move until I shut the engine off...

And to turn the engine off it's very easy: you just need to press the clutch button: the engine dies in half a second...
    What am I doing wrong ? Why does the engine ignore my throttle commands ? Why does the clutch kill the engine ? (also happens in default R22...) ? Why does the engine RPM go to 4.000 at idle ?

Did anybody buy this model ?
    Or do you just all press CTRL+E to start it ? (yes, it starts correctly that way)

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Did anybody buy this model ?
    Or do you just all press CTRL+E to start it ? (yes, it starts correctly that way)
    i did but it was deleted the same day, i think auto start up works but could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Why does the engine RPM go to 4.000 at idle ?
    I took it too, basically the "old model" but I have a feeling that some bugs still exist (tested in P3Dv5) - like starter switch etc., however very nice model and nice external textures and effects!
    Update is on MP website: http://www.mpdesignstudio.rs/downloads.html (its not only compass fix).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 3