'Panavia Tornado'
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Panavia Tornado'

"Puke" Dont get me wrong but that is horrid, and wheres the F3 model???

Still cant beat the IRIS Tornados in FSX

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    "Puke" Dont get me wrong but that is horrid, and wheres the F3 model???

Still cant beat the IRIS Tornados in FSX
    I agree Chris - the IRIS and Alphasim Tornados look much better than those screens. Can anyone show any better shots?

You'd think they could at least get the colour of the paint right. The grey on the F3s is totally wrong.

Although I'm still not sure about the flight dynamics of the AlphaSim Tornado, the models and texturing are far, far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    You'd think they could at least get the colour of the paint right. The grey on the F3s is totally wrong.

Although I'm still not sure about the flight dynamics of the AlphaSim Tornado, the models and texturing are far, far superior.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Has anyone tried this?

Ian

the AS version has some MAJOR flaws, which i offered to help fix, but was refused by the AS management. After all, i am a TORNADO ENGINEER of 17 years! so i know these babies inside out, upside down! the IRIS one is better, externally, but the AS has the better inside. the exterior of the AS onve has some bad errors

Vigilius
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMIL View Post
    the AS version has some MAJOR flaws, which i offered to help fix, but was refused by the AS management. After all, i am a TORNADO ENGINEER of 17 years! so i know these babies inside out, upside down! the IRIS one is better, externally, but the AS has the better inside. the exterior of the AS onve has some bad errors

I'm just curious to know this bad error; the VC of AS it seems to me not too good

well, the AS has many, but here are just two. the Main U/C animation is all wrong, and the engine exhausts, and thrust reverse buckets are incorrect. there are a long list of others.

UKMIL (don't know your name). Have you run into a chap called Mick Holland?
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

the name rings a bell, i am sure i have somewhere

But I'm sure you'd agree that it's better than the AFS example, going by those screenshots! Certainly the textures are, at the very least.

yes the AFS is terrible. the F3 even has the GR bolt on refuel probe on the right side!!

I'm sorry to to break anyones balls, but I bought the AFS Phantom awhile ago and it's a joke. It uses the stock prop engine guages...they even say prop and torque on them. And since it has a suction guage, this is probably the only Phantom around that has a vacuum driven ADI. The flight dynamics are like trying to ride a unicycle on ice, and the sound of the engines is like 5 nuns scraping their fingernails accross a blackboard at the same time. Run away, run away...

The AFS F-4 panel:OMG

Seriously Dave, you're beginning to sound like a broken record now. Just let it go...

Amazing how a thread morphs into AlphaSim related posts....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Yes, it is.

the name rings a bell, i am sure i have somewhere
    He's worked on the Tornado engines since he left school at 16, as he's the same age as me that means for around 21 years. I think he's based in Bristol at the moment, as some sort of consultant from the RAF, working on modifications to the Tornado engine.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    LMFAO, you mean it is actually Pro Alphasim and not bashing. OMG, too funny. I would swear I am many years back in time of my IPMS plastic model days. Talk about bashing and rivet counting. LOL
    "Soon to be Expat"

Well I for one do not really care if the panel or this or that is not correct on the Alpha model. For me it is just perfect, I have always liked the Tornado so it was great that they produced it.

Just remember it is just a sim after all.

as i said, the panel on the AS one is good, much better than the IRIS. but the IRIS external is far better and has less errors. the AS external looks good because of the skins, but the actual model as too many flaws. For Payware, competing against an already established freeware IRIS it needed to be better, but it was not

Pultacatt
    Yes it was. :costumes:

Didn't quite escape.
    Ohhhhhh no it wasn't!

Ohhhhhh yes it was!

Welcome to the wonderful world of subjective comparision. :isadizzy::d

Ian P.

Pultacatt
    :costumes: