FSX Native Hangar Queen?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native Hangar Queen?

FSX Native Hangar Queen?

You know, sometimes in retirement, one still wants to get out of the house and earn a few bucks. Fortunately, I still have contacts and my ol' Hangar Queen.

Yeah, she's not much to look at, and the wing spar rust is not all that bad, a few gauges are missing or INOP, but she flies great and is mostly reliable.

She a workin' man's machine and you don't have to worry about gettin' her dirty. Perfect for haulin' anything.

Got some work next week lined up (see attachment), and I'm really looking forward to gettin' her out, hosing her down, and go make a few bucks.

Y'all ever feel that way?

Next candidate for FSX native conversion (working top down the list), that is if anybody is interested.
    Else, we can skip this one. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-apr-12-003.jpg   ms-2017-apr-12-002.jpg   ms-2017-apr-13-007.jpg   ms-2017-apr-13-008.jpg   ms-2017-apr-13-009.jpg   ms-2017-apr-13-010.jpg  

ms-2017-apr-13-012.jpg   ms-2017-apr-13-014.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I'm looking forward to this Milton......I've got all your fs9 versions

I really enjoyed the commanders, still fly them. having an FSX native version would make it even better

Frankly guys, I hesitate to even do these Aero Commander versions for two reasons.

First, Carenado has a beautiful version out of the 500, and second, they still would not be up to FSX standards even as native conversions.

But, they are pleasurable aircraft to just jump in and hand-fly.

This is the oldest of the series in terms of never being brought up to higher FS9 quality standards but it has an appeal to it. :-)

The rest of the series have been updated, have really nice interiors, and would pass for a good lower quality fun flight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2015-jun-27-002.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That scuffed up, ragged looking ol' Commander freight dog was one of my first favorites in FS when I came over from CFS. Probably why I like that ol' Twin Beech cargo version so much. (And why I'm working up a paint for the Avia 57 that's had a hard life, but just keeps going) It's just my kind of aeroplane. As long as I can stay one step ahead of the FAA.....
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Thank you Milton, this is what i have been waiting for, Carenado commander does not give such a good wibes like your aero commanders.
    I have this A520 version installed in P3D, and it is not fully converted, you know the missing VC parts, but that is not problem me to to fly with this beauty.

Your commanders have been my favorite planes since the fist release and i have made most of my flights using Aero Commanders.

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

Next candidate for FSX native conversion (working top down the list), that is if anybody is interested.
    Else, we can skip this one. :-)
    Nah - Why would anyone want an old junker like that .

I've already flown the wings off the FS9 port over so there is a bit of space in my hanger with a "Reserved for Mr. Shupe" sign and an FSX native model would fill it nicely.
    Gavin

I'm still flying the old 500 in FSX. One of the BEST flying planes still.

Don

Ditto here !!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Milton, ALL of your creations are outstanding! But the Commander is my favorite. My ex father in law flew them and would tell me stories..... NC

Blog Entries
    Still fly the 500 I'd love to see it updated a bit!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I love all your creations, Milton. The Commanders and the Howard 500 get flown the most. I can build another hangar !

Q: has anyone done a Bob Hoover paint for one of your Commanders ?

I'm still flying it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    I love all your creations, Milton. The Commanders and the Howard 500 get flown the most. I can build another hangar !

Q: has anyone done a Bob Hoover paint for one of your Commanders ?
    Yes, we did on the original release. See the link in my Signature, page 7 I think.

Here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...&keyword=(with

This model was done by Paul Saunders on my team back in 2004-5 I think so I do not have the gmax source. Would need to be converted with MCX.

Great paint scheme by André Folkers who did most of our Aero Commander paint work.

Interior is ok; vc is functional; don't have it in FSX now so can't speak for what tweaks it might need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hoover.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    That scuffed up, ragged looking ol' Commander freight dog was one of my first favorites in FS when I came over from CFS. Probably why I like that ol' Twin Beech cargo version so much. (And why I'm working up a paint for the Avia 57 that's had a hard life, but just keeps going) It's just my kind of aeroplane. As long as I can stay one step ahead of the FAA.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    Thank you Milton, this is what i have been waiting for, Carenado commander does not give such a good wibes like your aero commanders.
    I have this A520 version installed in P3D, and it is not fully converted, you know the missing VC parts, but that is not problem me to to fly with this beauty.

Your commanders have been my favorite planes since the fist release and i have made most of my flights using Aero Commanders.
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    Nah - Why would anyone want an old junker like that .

I've already flown the wings off the FS9 port over so there is a bit of space in my hanger with a "Reserved for Mr. Shupe" sign and an FSX native model would fill it nicely.
    Gavin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Ditto here !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Milton, ALL of your creations are outstanding! But the Commander is my favorite. My ex father in law flew them and would tell me stories..... NC
    Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Still fly the 500 I'd love to see it updated a bit!
    Ted
    Well, thanks for all the comments. Tells me that there is some interest and that the investment of time would be appreciated.

I started on the Hangar Queen last night. Working on animations and visibility thingies now. :-) One export worked okay so we are rollin'.

This aircraft got quite the workout in British Columbia short fields, and from Juneau to Haines, Sitka to ... well dang near everywhere up there. She's still got some life left in her though. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

You've really licked blood after the successful B-26 conversion, eh?

Trying to convert the Shrike would be a good exercise to find your way around ModelConverter, if you're inclined to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    You've really licked blood after the successful B-26 conversion, eh?

Trying to convert the Shrike would be a good exercise to find your way around ModelConverter, if you're inclined to do so.
    LOL Don't be eggin' me on Bjoern :-) Got enuf to do.

Dang, was hoping you would see that MCX reference. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

LOL Don't be eggin' me on Bjoern :-) Got enuf to do.

Dang, was hoping you would see that MCX reference. :-)
    Nice try!

I'm so busy with FSX projects that I don't even know where to start.

Well, thanks for all the comments. Tells me that there is some interest and that the investment of time would be appreciated.

I started on the Hangar Queen last night. Working on animations and visibility thingies now. :-) One export worked okay so we are rollin'.

This aircraft got quite the workout in British Columbia short fields, and from Juneau to Haines, Sitka to ... well dang near everywhere up there. She's still got some life left in her though. :-)

Yes, yippee, HOORAY!!! Go Milton!!! NC

Your AC520 is my go-too bird for my Airhauler project. Would love to see an updated version!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Yes, yippee, HOORAY!!! Go Milton!!! NC
    LOL Thanks NC :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    Your AC520 is my go-too bird for my Airhauler project. Would love to see an updated version!
    You shall; I am using these projects as filler and should be able to do roughly one per week while I'm not too busy.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just completed all the animations exterior and VC and they are working fine in the sim.

Now moving to recreate all FSX native materials.

Speaking of which, I really hope someone does a proper bump map for this aircraft livery.

That oxidation on the fuselage is also on the wings and tail. You can almost see the lumps and bumps now. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-apr-13-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

One can never have too many Aero Commanders. I think your Aero Commanders are the twins that I have the most sim hours in. The only modern twin that could really get me out of them would be an Aerostar (I think A2A is working on one, since Scott bought one), and a Cessna Crusader (I'm trying to talk Carenado into having a go at one of those. ).

SOH-CM-2020
    .... that is if anybody is interested ..... :-)

Are you kidding me

Anything from the Milton Thoroughbred Stable is always a 'must have'

Pete.

I agree, love the Aero Commanders, and I love your models Milton.

I used to live near Essendon Airport and saw one particular Aero Commander flying in and doing touch and goes almost every day around the same time, usually late afternoon. When I did a scenery of Melton Airport (at OzX), which is not far from Tullamarine and Essendon, I discovered that the Aero Commander was based out of Melton, and was on all their brochures etc.

ORBX also did a great job including that aircraft in their AI traffic package.

http://www.meltonairservices.com.au/

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Members who have read this thread: 0