Car carnage at Texas Motor Speedway?

Thread: Car carnage at Texas Motor Speedway?

Car carnage at Texas Motor Speedway?

Texas Motor Speedway has been reconfigured and repaved. Turns 1 and 2 have less banking and some of the apron has been converted into racing surface in order to widen those two turns. The entire track has been repaved and, based on the number of cars that went spinning in yesterday's practice and qualifying, it's a little slippery. So, will it be racing or a demolition derby this weekend? Should be interesting to see how this works out.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Can't be any more wrecks from the original track before they redid turn two. My brother and I had season tickets for several years and went to the first race.When they came off of two it looked like a ski jump. Great action loved it but all the drivers didn't. After the race Rusty Wallace said they needed to tear up the whole track. It looked like the guys were running their old lines. I think they are going to have to find new ones. It did look slick and with less rear spoiler this year it should be a fun one to watch.

Icon2

Been watching the Xfinity race...

Saturday night and into Sunday morning, track crews scrubbed rubber into the pavement in order to get a second racing groove. By the third segment of the Cup race, that second groove was usable and cars could pass on the outside.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Saturday night and into Sunday morning, track crews scrubbed rubber into the pavement in order to get a second racing groove. .
    I have mixed feelings on whether or not that should have been done....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    I have mixed feelings on whether or not that should have been done....
    As do I. Yes, it helped to create a second groove, but that was no benefit to the Xfinity drivers and teams who ended up with wrecked cars on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    As do I. Yes, it helped to create a second groove, but that was no benefit to the Xfinity drivers and teams who ended up with wrecked cars on Saturday.
    And there you have it!
    If the Cup drivers are supposed to be the "best of the best", then they should have had to deal with the same conditions that the Xfinity drivers had to deal with....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    And there you have it!
    If the Cup drivers are supposed to be the "best of the best", then they should have had to deal with the same conditions that the Xfinity drivers had to deal with....
    One would think, but perhaps they are now viewed more as royalty and must be granted amenities not available to the peasant drivers. Or perhaps track management realized that they had created a track that would quickly become unacceptable to NASCAR. Remember the Bristol reconfiguration? Very high banked turns that created single groove racing. Bristol's management quickly gave the track another reconfiguration, lowering the banking and created a much wider usable surface.

Members who have read this thread: 0