Milviz Phantom causing CTD in FSX..

Thread: Milviz Phantom causing CTD in FSX..

Milviz Phantom causing CTD in FSX..

I have not selected the Milviz Phantom for a while, but tried unsuccessfully today.. Causes CTD. Any clues on how to proceed? Uninstall Milviz and reinstall, perhaps??? Thanks. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I have not selected the Milviz Phantom for a while, but tried unsuccessfully today.. Causes CTD. Any clues on how to proceed? Uninstall Milviz and reinstall, perhaps??? Thanks. NC
    I had it crash in P3D and they provided me with a patch for it. I don't know about the FSX issues. What caused it to CTD in P3d was a file that goes in the gauges folder
    and it is called MV_F-4J_Sys.dl - It goes to the main gauges folder. If your were having this CTD in P3D then, I could of told you about a patch they issued to fix the CTD
    It may or may not be the same file in you FSX main gauge folder. If you have it there try renaming it and then see if you can load you F4 without the CTD if so then that's
    the prob. You would need a patch from them to fix it. Have you went to their forum to tell them about this?

Any way that's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I had it crash in P3D and they provided me with a patch for it. I don't know about the FSX issues. What caused it to CTD in P3d was a file that goes in the gauges folder
    and it is called MV_F-4J_Sys.dl - It goes to the main gauges folder. If your were having this CTD in P3D then, I could of told you about a patch they issued to fix the CTD
    It may or may not be the same file in you FSX main gauge folder. If you have it there try renaming it and then see if you can load you F4 without the CTD if so then that's
    the prob. You would need a patch from them to fix it. Have you went to their forum to tell them about this?

Any way that's my story and I'm stickin' to it....
    That fixed it. Thanks GE!!! NC

Well, another update of the MV Phantom was released and yet again, I have problems with it. Their support is slow to respond, and I spent the better part of today trying to get things working correctly.

Oh, and don't make the mistake of sending them a comment about problems with their products on Facebook messenger.

Have had enough. Just not worth the struggle. . NC

Which variant? I am normally quite quick to help, just been juggling the upcoming Corsair release at the same time. We did have it quite stable but the update to P3D v4 brought a lot of changes.
    -JB

Yea.. their phantom had always been problematic for me.. (J&S)
    They look nice but I don't fly them..

If the user drops out from our support efforts there is not much we can do to help them.
    -JB

Navy Chief and any others having problems with the Milviz Phantom 4. Sorry to hear about your problems. For me this beauty flies perfectly in FSX. Once the P3D versions came out I too had some problems. The issues were known and quickly corrected by Milviz. With Prepar3D v4 64bit making its entrance again there were issue as expected. Again the development team has produced a version that is problem free. I enjoy flying the Phantom 4 all versions but especially making carrier landings and takeoffs.

Please detail your issues on the Milviz support site to get the best of help. One comment that may be your problem. Be sure you are flying the most current version. You can't get help unless you ask for it.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

A second to Tom's comment, I have had the FSX version (I don't fly in that sim anymore), the P3D V3 and V4 versions and the Milviz team worked on getting them fixed rapidly and now they fly without issue. Since I now do what they do as a hobby, it's sad to see customers frustrated when all they have to do is work with the vendor support staff to get the product up and running. This is normal software product support. Milviz releases patches pretty fast from what I'm used to in the commercial development world. In fact, the addition of the phantom product update function in the MVAMS application made getting updates pretty seamless. I would get back on the support forums and see what the latest version is that runs fine with your sim and install that version if the MVAMS app doesn't fix the problem. And please have a bit of patience, its disheartening as a software developer to get bashed when you're busting your butt to fix the problem.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Which variant? I am normally quite quick to help, just been juggling the upcoming Corsair release at the same time. We did have it quite stable but the update to P3D v4 brought a lot of changes.
    I am running FSX SE. Both variants: the J model and the S, have the same problems. Using the MVAMS, I select "Ready to Fly". The switches seem to all be on and ready, but engines are not started and will not start. I have the UH-1 as well, but don't seem to have problems with it.

When I try to do the "Reset", using the FSX drop down menu, everything freezes. Only way to get out of it is to do a Cntrl Alt Delete, and shut down FSX that way. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0