IndiaFoxtEcho (Dino's) Eurofighter Typhoon released - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: IndiaFoxtEcho (Dino's) Eurofighter Typhoon released

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @Chris Sykes

I'll have a look at the TFLIR controls.
    As for the gun port...good catch! You are the first one highlighting this... but it is an intentional omission. I modeled it, but it kind of spoiled the normals and the reflections in the area...and after many attempts I could not make it "right". So I preferred to leave it out.
    Hi Dino,

Thanks for the reply, and reasons why its missing. just looked odd when watching externally when firing the gun. Secondly the effect for the gun seems further out than it should?

Great vid, not that I needed an incentive to buy a Dino made modern combat aircraft with Tacpack functions! Can't wait for your B737 Dino (just joking).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Dino, Defense World has put up two interesting videos on their Channel that might be of interest.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Defense...w=0&shelf_id=0

Hmm.. that looked like GenX he was flying over in the second vid

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hmm.. that looked like GenX he was flying over in the second vid

ATB
    DaveB
    My thoughts are Prepar3d with Genx. there's some more with Mach loop flights

Yup.. P3D is a dead cert. One things for sure.. it's not running on an i5-2500K/GTX560Ti

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    It looks like He's taken off from BAE Warton.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    It looks like He's taken off from BAE Warton.

Ian
    That's for sure too. The other ones where Mach Loop is shown they are also Warton take off and landing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Yup.. P3D is a dead cert. One things for sure.. it's not running on an i5-2500K/GTX560Ti

ATB
    DaveB
    Haha or an i7 and GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Thanks for the appreciation guys! I can tell you that this one has been a huge effort... I am glad you like it!
    Oh yes, i like it. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7LWF50PCT.jpg  

Thanks Dino! Nice work!!!!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I installed the VRS_TacPack_FSX_1.4.3.4 version but the model will not be accepted!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Have Glass F-16C Fictional Repaint

Based on 98-0004 Block 50 F-16C 85th TES. Still WIP but almost finished.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

High AOA and yaw

@StormILM.
    Thanks for reporting what you found. I did have at least one other similar report.
    The issue was inadequate yaw stability at high AOA. I fixed this by changing the appropriate coefficient scalar in the air file. With the fix I got it up to 53 AOA and full power plus full forward stick gave a straight recovery.
    Dino has the new air file and will issue it with the next update.

I should have seen this issue, but I missed it. All such issues are relatively easy to fix if I have a clear report and can reproduce the fault. My aim in the FDE Development was "Carefree handling", with this fix I think/hope we are there.
    Thanks again,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Holmes View Post
    @StormILM.
    Thanks for reporting what you found. I did have at least one other similar report.
    The issue was inadequate yaw stability at high AOA. I fixed this by changing the appropriate coefficient scalar in the air file. With the fix I got it up to 53 AOA and full power plus full forward stick gave a straight recovery.
    Dino has the new air file and will issue it with the next update.

I should have seen this issue, but I missed it. All such issues are relatively easy to fix if I have a clear report and can reproduce the fault. My aim in the FDE Development was "Carefree handling", with this fix I think/hope we are there.
    Thanks again,
    Roy
    Thanks for the update Roy. In the meantime I have used Rollus' Rafale FDE (his payware version) in this model. I only had to make adjustments to the thrust but otherwise, it handles like a dream with that FDE. I look forward to testing the new FDE when the update is ready.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Changed the body and wing striping to be more authentic. 99% Done. The mapping is a little weird with this one...not sure how Dino did it...but it warps the image is some locations....in order to get the roundels correct they are actually stretched out in the PSD file...strange...at any rate, solved!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

That's simply HOT Rick! Can't wait to fly the scheme on her!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks great indeed !!

Thanks guys. Looking to release this week. I want to add just a little weathering around some panels....not dirt...weathering. then should be good!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Ok, a little more research has lead me here. The "Have Glass" paint scheme applied a new RAM coating to certain F-16 units. Because it was textured it actually held onto dirt more so than standard and had a slightly metallic shine. I've tried to apply that to this paint scheme as best I could without starting completely from scratch and repainting everything by hand (which I don't nearly have time for...sorry). I've made the diffuse play nicer with the speculars as is and darkened the paint back up just a little bit. I think this will be it? Added some weathering to the CFT, which I'm not sure I like too much. Should I leave it or bring it back in?

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Maybe I missed it but is there a way to get the slipper tanks to show w/o TacPack?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HAVE GLASS scheme released.

The have glass F-16C scheme is no available in the library. Enjoy.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Work in progress of a fictional scheme, reproducing an Italian Navy Typhoon.
    If the results will be good, I'll upload it at Flightsim.com

Members who have read this thread: 3