CFS3 spinable jet engine compressor / turbine blade feature

Thread: CFS3 spinable jet engine compressor / turbine blade feature

CFS3 spinable jet engine compressor / turbine blade feature

just to be sure:
    to get spin a gmax propeller tagged mesh in CFS3 jet engined airplane isnt possible, right?

my experience is once the curent arplane aircraft.cfg file [GeneralEngineData] section is set to engine_type=1,
    all prop animation stopps working ingame. that makes a sence of course, but its a bit shame.

having a few jet projects which I wanted to enhance with some eye candy animations...

Blog Entries
    my experience is once the curent arplane aircraft.cfg file [GeneralEngineData] section is set to engine_type=1,
    all prop animation stopps working ingame. that makes a sence of course, but its a bit shame.
    I think that's right BorekS, would be nice to be shown otherwise!

In FS9 it appears that you can override the cfg file entry and use the air file. I'm not sure of how it's done but there was a thread on a B36

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...le-engine-type

Maybe you an do the same in cfs3? Or can you have 2 engines - engine0 as a prop engine (for the turbine animation) and engine1 as the jet?
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

thank you for tip

well, I never was success with .air file modification, having a suspicion what isnt defined at aircraft.cfg, doesnt take effect on the CFS3 flight model

anyway, I was trying variously modfify the .cfg file at least... eighter it just acted like a propeller or like a jet. or Ive got a game CTD

ok, giving it up.
    the only thing what works fine is when the jet engined turbine gmax animation is tagged like tire / gear. it is same solution which I did it with gecko for the Me 163B Komet small nose propeller.

Blog Entries

Bump!

This topic has raised its head again in some off forum discussions. Does anyone else have any ideas on making jet turbines rotate please?
    Cheers, Clive

Well, yes, but it requires external code to be written for it. Within the existing code, I don't have any ideas.

I'm from CFS2 but doesn't CFS3 have better effect system and maybe you can use it???
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Hi Clive,
    Just assign the compressor and/or turbine disc(s) part as a prop, so you in effect have a turbo-prop ac. You therefore keep the jet engine propulsion, and just alter the prop animation ratio in the ac.cfg to whatever you like to get it spinning at the speed you want. You can then use other parameters such as prop power, engine power or drag in the ac.cfg or airfile (these files in Fs9, CFS2 and CFS3 are almost the same or very similar) to prevent the prop speed from actually affecting the performance of the ac. I did it with my Ar234A, I've also got a couple of projects on the go that I have done the same with, and I think it it looks quite effective.

Cheers

Shessi

Blog Entries
    Just assign the compressor and/or turbine disc(s) part as a prop, so you in effect have a turbo-prop ac. You therefore keep the jet engine propulsion, and just alter the prop animation ratio in the ac.cfg to whatever you like to get it spinning at the speed you want. You can then use other parameters such as prop power, engine power or drag in the ac.cfg or airfile (these files in Fs9, CFS2 and CFS3 are almost the same or very similar) to prevent the prop speed from actually affecting the performance of the ac. I did it with my Ar234A, I've also got a couple of projects on the go that I have done the same with, and I think it it looks quite effective.

Thanks Shessi, I'll try that. In the model I've already named the turbines as prop0 etc.etc.
    so hopefully it will be a matter of flicking the right switches in the air/cfg files.

On the FS9/CFS2 a/c that I've converted to CFS3 so far, I've re-used the air and cfg files with just a change of header required and they work fine.

Cheers,

Clive

Members who have read this thread: 0