PMDG Queen of the skies V3 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMDG Queen of the skies V3 released

PMDG Queen of the skies V3 released

As the title suggests

The 3rd version of the classic 747 has been released

https://www.precisionmanuals.com/index.html

YEP! .. I'll be saving for this now , a whooping Great $186.00NZ , it would have to be a goodie , you would wanta make sure you live in it for the next two years , after all its not an UGBUST , it is the true 'Queen of the Skies'

Awww - when I read 'PMDG' I clicked quick thinking this might be their DC-6 release . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Awww - when I read 'PMDG' I clicked quick thinking this might be their DC-6 release . . .
    LOL same here. I've been waiting for that a long time.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Just got home from work, and found this message. What a great end of the day.

Purchased and downloading as I type this
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Queen of the Sky-rocketing price
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Fair enough it's a top product, but I find it unbelievable the amount of people on the Avsim/PMDG forums thanking and KTA of PMDG for their "Ultra reasonable" and "cheap" pricing. There were actually people saying that it should cost more. Lets see if the all the other aircraft developers start following suit again.

I felt embarrassed for these people when I read those forums today. I wish I hadn't.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Thumbs up

Couldn't agree more, especially when the A$ is struggling to stay at around US$00.75.
    Throw in the Banks 'Overseas Transaction Fees' (aka 'Theft') and a US$100.00 aircraft works out to somewhere North of A$140.00 ............... this is just an update of an elderly (albeit good) product.
    I'd be sorely tempted if this were a DC6 or DC7 but not for another bloody B747.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I agree, the DC-6 would have been interesting, but a 747? I don't think I have ever flown one in FS...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

At that price (P3D) it has to wait a bit.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Gasping for air

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    At that price (P3D) it has to wait a bit.
    Yes .. $185 NZ Dollars .. that is kinda in the gasp range of an occasional flying hobby. So its a detailed Simulation highly accurate and fully 3D rendered - Great. Good for training except very few professional pilots are going to be using this as a training tool given most airlines have retired or are retiring their 744 fleets. So who is it aimed at .. clearly the heavy hobby enthusiast who wants a near as possible full simulation of what it is like to fly a real 744. Unless money is no obstacle,you get the one version FSX or PD3. for me that would mean FSX Acceleration version, but if I upgrade to PD3 I would need to pay over again if I finally bite the bullet and port from FSX to PD3 (which I have yet to do).. So for me this is sadly a no buy at the moment as much as I would enjoy flying it. A real pity PMDG financial returns modelling didn't suggest a lower price point entry to sell a lot more of them ... just saying

Meantime, back to giving the iFly 747 serious consideration once more... sigh.

I was able to have fly with it and also having the Ifly version for me there is a huge different between the 2, there are lots of little things that completes the pmdg version and makes it so much superior

its always the case with pmdg,
    1, theres many people who will throw money at them without a second thought,
    2, theres others who want and buy but then eat 2 minute noodles for the next month
    3, theres others who want but cant afford,
    4, theres others who have no interest in them and then
    5, theres others who detest them

well thats the case with any other developer

I still recall the amount of butt hurt when orbx released ftx global at $100AUD but people got over it and all you hear is praise for the addon and in several months all you will only the positive things and people say its worth every cent, but for now, people are still trying to get over the shock of the price

However one thing i might want to mention PMDG are one of the only few devs who have publicly stated that when v4 of P3D comes out you wont have to buy a new lic, unlike orbx who have said you will, imagine all the customers who have bought nearly every product bitch when they have re purchase them again for v4

for me, if the product is of that higher caliber, meh I will do what i will have to even if it means if i drive like a little old lady to save on my fuel in order to save a few extra bucks to pay for it

one thing i do feel with addons like this and its price, it doesnt help the anti piracy cause, all ready on the facebook sim groups kids are already asking where to find the torrents and share sites......

How so Matt ?

John Venema

• Orbx CEO
    • Administrators
    • 23,234 posts
    • Order #:Staff

ID: 38 Posted January 22

Some very welcome news about moving your Orbx investment to P3D v4 is coming. Let me just say you will all be very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Couldn't agree more, especially when the A$ is struggling to stay at around US$00.75.
    Throw in the Banks 'Overseas Transaction Fees' (aka 'Theft') and a US$100.00 aircraft works out to somewhere North of A$140.00 ............... this is just an update of an elderly (albeit good) product.
    I'd be sorely tempted if this were a DC6 or DC7 but not for another bloody B747.
    and less, yesterday paypal's exchange rate was only $00.7288 from memory it totaled about $185AUD while its still sting both wallet and the mrs, im happy

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    How so Matt ?

ID: 38 Posted January 22

Some very welcome news about moving your Orbx investment to P3D v4 is coming. Let me just say you will all be very pleased.
    hell knows where the post went, it was posted here at SOH late last yr as a quote in one of the "road map" posts i clearly remember the words to the effect of "you had a good run" when it referred to v3 and v4 lics it was posted around the same time the paypal issue post surfaced, like you im banned from the main forums so I cant have a look for the original post

however with that post you made, they may have reconsidered since and maybe offering a reduced price now

***however the only thing i found was this from a jan post

On a side note: future updates to make the Orbx addons compatible with new (versions of) sims (like P3D v4, DTG) won't be free anymore. It depends on the product if you have to pay for small fee or repurchase the entire addon.

Yes ORBX have definitely stated in the past that the run of free upgrades, as they did with all versions of P3D was over after the P3D V3 upgrades. That being said, they also said about 5 years ago that they were never going to have another sale and they were never going to develop an international airport. I for one am quite happy they changed their stance on these two statements.

Sue's post above is the first I had heard of this, but it seems unclear what this actually means. It does sound like a P3D V4 upgrade will either be free or cheaper than first thought.

Re PMDG and the new 747 V3, I am a fan of PMDG aircraft. I have the FSX 747, and that is one reason I won't be rushing to get the new one. I did just buy the 737NG for P3D, and the Aerosoft Airbus, and have actually been flying the Airbus flat out lately.

For FSX I have the PMDG 747, MD-11, Jetstream 4100 and the FS Labs Concorde, all of which have only left the hangar on rare occasions, so I definitely feel like I need to get much more use out of these products before I update to the newest 747.

I do understand the buzz surrounding the 747's release, as it has been talked about for years, and I understand people wanting to rush out and get it. What I definitely don't understand is people congratulating PMDG on their price like it is a feature of the aircraft, and people implying that it really should have cost more. Maybe they were all just expecting $200?
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    One thing i do feel with addons like this and its price, it doesn't help the anti piracy cause, all ready on the Facebook sim groups kids are already asking where to find the torrents and share sites......
    It was already up on one site yesterday.

I've always kept a watching brief for anything FS that's been ripped, saved a number of Devs some aggro several of times.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

[QUOTE=jeansy;1065169]I was able to have fly with it and also having the Ifly version for me there is a huge different between the 2, there are lots of little things that completes the pmdg version and makes it so much superior ..QUOTE]

A little off topic, but Jeansy if you can be bothered putting together a small argument either way I would appreciate knowing just by how much PDMG 744 V3 exceeds the iFly 747 V2 ..

Cheers

Spike

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/129935-will-orbx-products-work-if-p3d-goes-dx12-64-bit

This says different guys. According to JV just an objectflow update. Knock on wood, that means OrbX for P3D 4 is a freebie!
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/129935-will-orbx-products-work-if-p3d-goes-dx12-64-bit

This says different guys. According to JV just an objectflow update. Knock on wood, that means OrbX for P3D 4 is a freebie!
    Sue
    yep knock on wood, however im still cautious as its says "nothing will change", for me i take that as there will still be an upgrade cost noting how many times hes has posted there will be additional costs for v3 to v4,

until he officially posts "there wont be any extra costs , I will continue to take it as there will

orbx like every other company are in it for the money and thats understandable, freebies dont pay employees and bills

135,- $ for a flightsim addon hahahahahahaha

Something like a year ago I stopped buying flightsim addon. I decided to wait untill the 64 bit thing starts. Well it seems like we have to wait a good long time before we get 64 bit flightsims.
    BUT... never has my flightsim experience been more creative. I started making my own photoscenery, later on I found free or cheap autogen addons, I have made my own little airfields, some that had been left out from FSX/P3D. I have found a lot of very nice freeware aircraft and I have even dusted off some of the old payware aircraft addons I had, remembering that what matters is a good FDE and a good VC.
    I have stopped using my Orbx scenery because I found them boring, repetitive and way to far from reality. I use some of their little airfields on top of my own scenery, but in general, Orbx doesnt really interest me anymore.

So, it has all ended up being for the better and I doubt that I will join the 64 bit show when it starts. Its going to be expensive with a new PC and a lot of new addons + my own creations will maybe be useless in a 64 bit environment.
    My flightsimming now is more relaxed (after all its just a simulator) and I feel better than ever because i dont have to think about money and I dont go around feeling bad after having bought an expensive addon that was not up to its price.

I was a very possitive experience to drop out of the commercial flightsimming world and honestly, flightsimming nowadays is way to commercial.

Mejborn, There are exist flight simulators in 64 Bits. It's called X-Plane. With a modern engine, better default scenery and much better flight model.
    Try the demo of XP11. It was released as Open Beta, son still some things in XP11need to be polished by Laminar Research.

ce_zeta, thanks for the headup and sorry for being an ignorant.
    I actually have the X-plane 11 demo. It looks promissing, but as you say it needs some polishing. Water and sky are some of the things. Besides that, X-plane 11 has a lot of potential but I´m also sure that with scenery addons and high-end aircraft addons, it would have to buy a new PC to enjoy it. Espeially a lot of ram and an absolutely top graphics card.

I will wait with a new flightsim, and have fun with what I have. And by avoiding 135,- us-dollar addons (and 25 - 50$ as well), I can allow myself to change to a 64 bit sim one day in the future with a new PC and all that is needed.

Have fun.

Just wanted to say that you don't need, in my experience, a NASA computer to run XP11 decently. I have an old i5 3470 and a RX470. I run the sim at high settings.

Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post
    Mejborn, There are exist flight simulators in 64 Bits. It's called X-Plane. With a modern engine, better default scenery and much better flight model.
    Try the demo of XP11. It was released as Open Beta, son still some things in XP11need to be polished by Laminar Research.
    X-plane flight model is not "better". It's different. Blade element theory is nice, but it also loses feel in translation. FSX/P3D is actually superior in many ways. At the end of the day, describing physical flight in mathematical terms are a mamoth proposition. In order for blade element to work it must make certain assumptions and take specific liberties. Compiling in real time fluid dynamics is frankly insane. Even the best most ROBUST CFD models don't have enough data points to qualify as authoritative. Xplane IMHO lacks in control. Just as in RL aero design, there's a trade off of performance cash in order to acheive a mission objective.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 0