CFS3 VTOL / STOL aircrafts?

Thread: CFS3 VTOL / STOL aircrafts?

Hybrid View

CFS3 VTOL / STOL aircrafts?

hi guys,
    is it possible to simulate somehow decently vertical take-off or (very)short take-off airplanes?

you know, the Haunebu, Vril, Flugelrad or such similar kind of projects sounds to me pretty interesting
    Last edited by BorekS; November 23rd, 2016 at 03:02.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    There's the flettner found in the warbirds section so it's doable .

As I understand it, hover cannot be achieved due to the limitation of CFS3's physics. Near hover can be simulated through the combination of flap settings and engine tweaking in the flight model. I have experimented with this in the Dragonfly model here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nks_search.php

It is not perfect by any means but is as close as I could get to a real helo at the time. The wingmen don't like it and will crash immediately. More experimenting by someone with a different approach or more knowledge of CFS3 physics could produce better results.

thanks guys,
    Ive tried Flettner and Dragonly... sweet stuff, still bit hard to keep it flying using a keyboard controll

ok, so I think I would try just to make something focused on the animated parts rather (disc blades tagged as flaps, spoilers etc, rotating) and keep it flying just like a standard airplane.

this is the model inspiration I would try to create for the CFS3 testing (a small single seater BMW Flugelrad V-1):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frad1.jpg  

one day work / first blood ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bmw_fr_v1_04.jpg   bmw_fr_v1_03.jpg   bmw_fr_v1_02.jpg   bmw_fr_v1_01.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Wow you work fast! That's a crazy looking aircraft!

Just thinking out aloud....helicoptors work in fs9 and the flight model files are very similar to cfs3 - those for fixed wing aircraft work fine. Has anyone tried porting over the fs9 .air and .cfg files to see if they work?
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Members who have read this thread: 1