More Bad News - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: More Bad News

Icon22 Reply...

Ickie,

I echo Colkent's comments. Take care of yourself, stay warm, and rest as much as you can!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Blog Entries
    i may go to the er later
    Look What I Have Become!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    I've been stuck on morphine 12 hour, with, additionally, what they call Instant Release for breakthrough pain, along with Tramadol and Lyrica. All for Diabetic neuropathy. Friggen foot pain.
    Beware, that Oxy stuff is addictive as all heck.

Mine did too! 87 4Runner literally blew the top tank off. Blew a hole in some water lines under the intake manifold too, so I spent the summer repairing that.

Lost mine last winter. Luckily, we found a nice desktop cheap, so I'm still simming

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!
    I came, literally, within a cat's whisker of swallowing a round. My highschool sweetheart left me, for a second time, and I got deep into depression. I really love her a lot. I was sitting in my pickup, looking down the barrel of my pistol, wondering if I would see the bullet coming, when our kitty jumped up in my lap and demanded attention. Stopped me from pulling the trigger, and I finally got over the depression. So, don't even think about it! It's too final an answer to a problem that isn't that final.
    Please don't even think about it. You have a lot of friends, and acquaintances, that care for you.

I know, my life isn't anywhere near the as bad as yours, but hey, we all need ya, so stick around for a bit

Pat☺
    Ickie, I am a diabetic and used to have real problems with diabetic neuropathy. Its terrible. Shooting pains up and down my legs. feet always felt "asleep". I started taking vitamin D and it made a HUGE difference. I take it every day (about 2000 IU) and its made a hell of a difference. I dont feel it much at all now. In 2009 my doctor was ready to send me to the Mayo clinic. He prescribed a 20,000 IU once weekly prescription does of D because a test he ran showed I had low vitamin D, which is helpful for a bunch of nerve related stuff. I took that prescription dose and literally within a couple of hours my neuropathy lessened then pretty much stopped. I have been on an OTC dose of vitamin D since. Lyrica helped, but only took it 6 months before I tried the vitamin D. Neurontin and some of the other crap they give at first dont work at all.

Try it. Wont hurt your situation at least.

Try it. Wont hurt your situation at least.
    I am currently on a prescription dose of Vitamin D also. While I hadn't noticed a difference in the neuropathy, I have seen a change of late. My hands, as well as my feet are being affected. Numbness, pain shooting here and there in my body, lack of coordination, and my balance is shot. I can't stand still, at the Marine attention any more. I fall over. Try and tilt my head back, eyes closed, and feet together, like for a sobriety test? Forget it. I'm on the ground. Does it have to do with the Vitamin D? No idea. I'll talk to my Dr. about it though Thank you for the heads-up!

Ickie, I am sorry you are feeling so lousy. I hope they adjust the dosages as necessary to reduce the side effects, at least somewhat. Stick with it, stay the course, stiff upper lip, and all that! I'm sure that a positive attitude has as much to do with your healing as almost anything else. The human brain can have an amazing effect on the body.
    Hope you feel better soonest! Stay warm, and hang on. You'll make it!
    Pat☺

SOH-CM-2023
    Pat, I would advise a visit to your Dr, my wife had similar symptoms earlier this year which got the medics wondering as nothing showed up in scans, then she suffered a mild stroke at Easter, so it looks as if she (& possibly you) suffered some pre stroke symptoms - (mini strokes).
    Hope you get understood by a good Dr.

Ickie, I'm wishing you well & yes I agree with Pat, think positive. A longtime friend of ours had major surgery earlier this year to remove her uterus & associated lymph glands, followed by Chemo & Radio therapy. She said the 'cure' was hell, but she is now fully recovered & given a clean bill of health.
    Keith

Icon22 Birthday greetings...

Ickie,

Have a very happy birthday! I hope it goes as well as it possibly can. Try to treat yourself to something nice today, you certainly deserve it.

Birthday greetings here or in this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1057956
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Happy Birthday Ickie! I'd tell you to enjoy a well-deserved martini, but it sounds like you are not a fan of hangovers (hint: 2 Advil and Vitamin B12 work wonders to avoid those!)...so as Rami says, treat yourself to something you really like.

All the best,

Kent

Happy Birthday, Ron. Keep your chin up, bro. Even tho you don't see any of us, we're all standing right there with you. Do something nice for yourself on your bday, we all need to do that now and then.

All the best,

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Happy Birthday!

May your Birthday presents come wrapped in Birthday wrap and not Christmas...
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Happy birthday Ron. Try to have a good day.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    Ron, I just saw this. I know there is nothing I can say or do to make things better. However, I will pray for you and offer positive thoughts. Good luck.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Happy birthday Ron! Hopefully you are feeling better than you were yesterday.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

A belated Happy Birthday to you Ickie.
    Hope it went well for you.

- Ivan.

I don't drop in here very often these days but thought I'd drop by to wish everyone a good Christmas.

This definitely isn't what I was expecting and not the news I wanted to hear.

Keep your chin up Ickie. You have friends everywhere and they are all thinking of you.
    I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine.
    Bertrand Russell
    British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

A belated happy birthday wish to Ickie!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2023
    A belated Birthday wish of a full return to health to you Ickie, a day shared with my wife who made 79.
    Keith

Blog Entries
    Can't get into the staff forum Ron for whatever reason and I have not been on Newshawks. I apologize that I missed your birthday...anyway Happy Belated Birthday I'd bake ya cake but it wouldn't be edible...I still can't cook LOL! Merry Christmas and a very blessed New Year....praying for your complete recovery! Thank you for all that you do for the OUTHOUSE!
    Ted
    Last edited by txnetcop; December 24th, 2016 at 12:20.
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Ron,
    We're all praying for ya'!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    A belated Birthday wish of a full return to health to you Ickie, a day shared with my wife who made 79.
    Keith
    Yesterday was also my Dad's Birthday, but he has been gone many years now....
    It was also the birthday of a friend of my Daughter's and that is where she went last night.

- Ivan.

Happy Birthday Ron and hang in there I beat some real bad cancer, and keep the faith that helps. Beside, I told my Doctors I wasn't ready to go! Attitude, Attitude believe me it works.

Jim

Just wondering has anyone got actual physical contact with Ickie, bearing in mind his last post was December 22 when he was considering going to the ER, since then .... Nothing.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully he is spending time with family and enjoying Christmas as much as he can.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

I sincerely hope we here from Ickie soon , we're all getting very concerned .

Rich

We know that you have been worried about Ron (Ickie) for a few days now. We have been working to establish his condition, and we are very concerned. We don't have any definitive news to pass along at this point, beyond this. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers!!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Hope you are doing OK, Ickie.

- Ivan.

Members who have read this thread: 1