FTX Central 3 and new website - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FTX Central 3 and new website

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    The only thing I can think of trying that's relatively simple, pick one of the third party sceneries or airports that's not working,
    go into your scenery library, make sure the scenery is above the Orbx entries, then untick that item's box in the scenery library,
    click the OK button at the bottom of the library, and let it build (might take some minutes). Once that's done, retick the box again,
    click the OK button again, and let the scenery library rebuild again. Then start FSX, take a flight to that scenery, and see if that
    unticking/reticking the boxes in the scenery library has manged to rebuild the missing scenery.

If things are still messed up, you might have to re-install that missing third party scenery, or wait and see if someone else here
    has another suggestion.

I'm just suggesting one scenery for now, since I don't know if this will have any effect.

Hope that helps - Rob
    Thanks for the help Rob, the problem is that when I select scenery library this is what I get

no scenery listed expect addon scenery, if I clik that, I get this screen

this is the fsx directory, if I clik this addon scenery I get this screed

I see no way to move the scenery above ftx. Hope I made this more clear. Thanks for your help
    Further testing, I was able to add scenery going back and forth with addon scenery, would have to do that for all the folders, a real pain, put all the WV folders, 2M mesh airports photos you name it, it was all added. Choose Martinsburg, and it is still the default. Have to think on this tonight and decide if I want to wipe out everything and reinstall from a backup. Not smooth at all. If I have to reinstall, will defineatly not install central v3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails one.jpg   two.jpg   three.jpg  
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

One more thing, it used to take less than a minute to load a flight it now takes four and a half minutes. Something is amiss
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker

I think I see what the problem might be. You've added the entire Addon Scenery folder to your Scenery Library. But I think what you may need
    to do is remove that one big folder from your Scenery Library, and instead add each of the individual entries in your Addon Scenery folder seperately
    to your Scenery Library.

I think FSX is having trouble opening that single big Addon Scenery folder in your Scenery Library.

Try adding just one of the entries from your Addon Scenery Library on its own to your Scenery Library, above the FTX entries, and see if that one
    scenery shows correctly. I think it will now, once it's not enclosed in that single big Addon Scenery folder in your Scenery Library. And I think that
    will be true for all the other individual sceneries in your Addon Scenery folder.

Hope that helps - Rob

I've just completed the transfer of my ORBX files and updated to Version 3 of FTX Central; carefully following the instructions on the FTX forum the process was reasonably straight forward!
    I do note that instant scenery items that I had placed previously, have now vanished!
    ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

The ORBX support forum seems flooded with FTX Central 3 issues. After removing it from Norton quarantine I was able to finally get it to launch. All of my purchased sceneries have been updated. Running FSX, everything seems OK, but I don't have any special scenery modifications. All appears to be where it should. Good luck to all who do the update.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Just bought Palm Springs airport from the new system (Site + FTX Central V3) using paypal for testing purposes and everything worked perfectly. The download and instalation worked perfectly in FSX-SE and P3Dv3. Until now, no issues for me and i like the new method
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Tried moving 3 sceneries and deleting the entry for addon scenery, fsx loaded and 2 out of the 3 airports worked correctly. So I spent the next 45 minutes adding all the scenery folders started fsx, no joy no nothing just sits there until I get the message fsx not responding. Shut down rebooted, copied default scenery cfg over to fsx, fired it up and nothing. When will I ever learn if it ain't broke don't fix it. Tried editing the new cfg, to lessor entries, no luck. Will try other things as I think of them, but it does not look good, thanks for trying Rob
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

Have been trying different insertion points with central. When fsx first starts, get dialog box that shows updating scenery files, after that is done it just hangs.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

Last update, finally got it sorted out. Replaced all the external files, that is all the files that reside outside of fsx, in the operating system. That finally got it to start and needs a little tweaking but it works. Have not rerun central and have no plans to do so. Will make sure I cripple it so it cannot phone home. Will leave it in case I need replacement files, now no longer of use at fss.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

Things should be made easier for common user...not the other way around for what I read...

Members who have read this thread: 0