Beta version or demo of CFS2? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta version or demo of CFS2?

Quote Originally Posted by RichNagel View Post
    Ummmm... I actually own TWO copies of the game, complete with manuals, as well as the two published strategy guides for the game. I also play the game on a daily basis, and have for many years now The purpose of this thread was simply tracking down the beta version of CFS2 for historical purposes
    Rich,

I was mistaken; after perusing some of the other CFS2 Threads, I came to the realization that you're a long time User of CFS2, and your post here explains the reason for your Search. My sincere apologies!

I have reloaded CFS2 recently, and am rediscovering how much enjoyment I got from running this Sim! I look forward to reading many more informative posts from you!

Alan

I doubt MS did any CFS2 betas as a d/l. We received beta cds for CFS3 for the 1st 2 betas. As even FSX the first few betas were mailed on cd to us.

Just to muddy the waters some more, the Demo included with FS2002 is "Fighter Ace 2" from 1999 and not CFS2.
    Both games were from M$, but "Face2" was more of an on-line "stadium shooter" (I never tried playing it on-line) and a lot more simple than CFS.
    You could play it offline in Training Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    I was mistaken; after perusing some of the other CFS2 Threads, I came to the realization that you're a long time User of CFS2, and your post here explains the reason for your Search. My sincere apologies!
    No problemo Hehe, 'long time user', as of modern times... I got into CFS2 WAY after it wasn't sold anymore in stores, and way after the MS Zone was shut down LOL. Really a shame, I would have had a BLAST playing on the Zone if I had the game (and a PC powerful enough to run it) back then

Quote Originally Posted by CH_OldZeke View Post
    I doubt MS did any CFS2 betas as a d/l. We received beta cds for CFS3 for the 1st 2 betas. As even FSX the first few betas were mailed on cd to us.
    Yeah, I don't think that they had a download for the CFS2 beta. Only the elusive CD that I just barely missed on Ebay before someone had bought it

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post
    Just to muddy the waters some more, the Demo included with FS2002 is "Fighter Ace 2" from 1999 and not CFS2.
    Both games were from M$, but "Face2" was more of an on-line "stadium shooter" (I never tried playing it on-line) and a lot more simple than CFS.
    You could play it offline in Training Mode.
    That would be similar to the Fighter Ace (1) that came with CFS2. Just like you said about FA2, a 'stadium shooter'.

Quote Originally Posted by RichNagel View Post
    No problemo Hehe, 'long time user', as of modern times... I got into CFS2 WAY after it wasn't sold anymore in stores, and way after the MS Zone was shut down LOL. Really a shame, I would have had a BLAST playing on the Zone if I had the game (and a PC powerful enough to run it) back then

Yeah, I don't think that they had a download for the CFS2 beta. Only the elusive CD that I just barely missed on Ebay before someone had bought it

That would be similar to the Fighter Ace (1) that came with CFS2. Just like you said about FA2, a 'stadium shooter'.

I bought my first copy in the Computer Store, along with CFS1. I'm so old skool I can remember the days of the first Wikipedia writeup for CFS2, when some wrote that it was "the finest Combat Simulator on the Market, and with the Open Source nature of the Community, it has the potential for massive Expansion of its simulated Environment."

After cutting my teeth on Sims such as Fighter Duel, X WING and TIE FIGHTER, and US Navy Fighters, CFS 1 and 2 were a welcome change.

Well someone MAY have dump one of the beta of CFS2

https://www.betaarchive.com/database...9-9d33a85c7a55
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Just a FYI even with an account you have to GIVE them content in order to download it. I'm not ing joking.

"BetaArchive is a contribution based website which means that to gain access to our archive you must contribute something original of quality, and in a format that properly preserves all of the associated data from the original media, to the release artwork and documentation.

We believe this is the fairest way for users to gain access, and it helps to keep our cause alive.

This might sound like a daunting and unachieveable task, but it's really not! It is going to take you some time and effort, but the reward will be worth it."

https://www.betaarchive.com/contributions.php

What a waste.

What a total PITA!!!! Heh, wonder if they would accept an ISO of my "Weeds Warez" CD from decades ago as "payment"... it's ULTRA rare LOL!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmNdp...2VlZHMgd2FyZXo

You can try!

Also it looks the they person the uploaded the beta made a forum post so maybe I can try a DM and see If I can get them send it to me or upload it to a reputable site.

https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45079

Never mind about the DM. I'll go my self with a stuck with rusty nails.

Dose anyone have link to Microsoft that I can report betaarchive out and have Microsoft ing nuke it from orbit?

Question LOL!!!

Who makes our Guidance Software?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guidence_software.gif 
Views:	64 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	93721
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

That is so freaking' ridiculous about their DM (AND download) policy <AARRGGHH>!

Rich, I actually have CFS2 downloaded on my pc and haven't even launched it yet, fresh download. Was going to be my next modding project. Not sure if we can upload full games on here, doubt it, but can zip file it and "maybe" if it works, OneDrive send it to you?

You got the beta/demo version?!?

Nope, have the game on disc, and installed it, you just looking for the demo?

We are looking for a beta/demo/review disc that was on eBay in 2021. It may have been dumped on to a website but we can't download it from that website.

Yeah... most of us here don't need a retail version, I myself own two paid-for boxed copies of the game LOL.

Lightbulb

I REALLY WISH that someone had access to that BetaArchive site. Really drives me NUTZ that you have to jump through numerous hoops and do a bunch of voodoo rituals to simply download a single file from them <aarrgghh>. With all of the TONS of stuff over at archive.org , the guy SHOULD have uploaded it THERE (which is what that *I* would have done). HELL, I'd even PAY him for download link (after all, I WOULD have bought that one from EBay if I would have stumbled on the listing in time).

I could be a really long shot but maybe we could ask in the other fourms and ask if some has access to BetaArchive DLs or maybe knows some one that dose?
    Last edited by Allen; April 14th, 2024 at 18:01.

I actually signed up in their forums and posted the following message:

WOW! I'd LOVE to get my hands on a copy of this!

There has been A LOT of discussion about the beta version of CFS2 over at "Sim Outhouse", starting with some of my own forum posts over there 7-1/2 years ago. Then in 2021 I found an Ebay listing for the beta CFS2 CD, but unfortunately had missed that sale by a few weeks

I even went as far to message the original Ebay seller, but he said that he didn't have the contact info for the buyer... just my luck!

Anyhow, WOW... this is something that several of us CFS2 enthusiasts would DIE to get our hands on! I only wish that I had something of value to upload here to the Beta Archive to get access to the downloads.
    Of course, there's an automated message currently tagged to my post:

This post is not visible to other users until it has been approved by a moderator.
    Anyhow, once the message is approved by a moderator (???), hopefully that might spur along someone there willing to help... we shall see.

Members who have read this thread: 66