Simconnect Files-This may happen to you...

Thread: Simconnect Files-This may happen to you...

Simconnect Files-This may happen to you...

Hi
    Bouhgt a SSD drive and reinstalled everything. All of the sudden my An-2 (Sibwings) stop working and sucessive CTD's no matter what I do...along with a greennish cockpit frames on Milviz F-100d.
    Quite puzzled start looking on internet fóruns and, just by chance, found this entry on na A2A fórum and I quote:

"P3DV2/3 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
    \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib (replacing 2 with 3 if using P3DV3)."

Tried it as so many things before and bingo, that was it. No simconnet instaled, run .msi and all is good now.
    Strange thing to happen P3D not installng this files...

Best regards and hope this may be of use.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello Beaufighter,

Can all the files in the directory be installed safely? It seems that there are several versions of files.

I found that you need to install the sim connect files in order in the redist folder for sim connect to work correctly

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Jeansy, what do you mean with 'in order in the redist folder'? Do you mean all files in the redist folder or that they (which ones?) should be installed in a particular order?

The order shouldn't matter, as they live side-by-side. The only ones you "need" are "FSX-RTM", "FSX-SP1" and "FSX-SP2-Xpack".

Surely the only one you need is the one for the FSX version you have - if any.
    Am I wrong?

Dave

Addons are designed to work with a specific simconnect version, so that version has to be installed for it to work, regardless of the actual simulator version.

Regardless of the Sim you're running, is there a way to verify that Simconnect is installed?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Regardless of the Sim you're running, is there a way to verify that Simconnect is installed?
    I run Wildlife+ with both FSXA and P3Dv2. This has a 'SimConnect' button that displays red when SimConnect is not running and green when it has connected to the sim.
    Beyond that - pass.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I run Wildlife+ with both FSXA and P3Dv2. This has a 'SimConnect' button that displays red when SimConnect is not running and green when it has connected to the sim.
    Beyond that - pass.
    Dave
    Speaking of "Wildlife+", I downloaded that and installed it but never was able to figure out how to get it to function. What's the secret?

Current System Specs:

Speaking of "Wildlife+", I downloaded that and installed it but never was able to figure out how to get it to function. What's the secret?
    You need an 'exe.xml' file (in the usual place), if you don't already have one, that contains the following:

Code:
        <Launch.Addon>
            <Disabled>False</Disabled>
            <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
            <Name>Wildlife</Name>
            <Path>C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\Wildlife+\Wildlife+.exe</Path>
            <CommandLine/>
            <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
        </Launch.Addon>
    You'll obviously have to modify the path to point at your own installation.

If you've got it right, the Wildlife+ window appears with the launch of your sim, with the SimConnect button initially red but turning green when P3D is loaded.

Dave

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to you all for the advice. Perhaps I can get my Just Flight Mosquito to show up now.

Tried to find the Wildlife+ program..could not find with google
    Does anyone have the link?
    Thanks!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

It's over at Avsim, file name is wildlife_v2.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Hello Beaufighter,

Can all the files in the directory be installed safely? It seems that there are several versions of files.
    Hi
    Only files I have in lib folder are a folder named managed, a SimConnect.lib and a SimConnect.msi

I just executed SimConnect .msi with no problems and got back my An-2, F-100D cockpit, get rid of a completely blacked pilots, and not sure if anything else...I'm no expert at all but previously installation was working good, so I thougt I lost some kind of "liason dll" and when looking for a cause found this in A2A foruns.
    So, I think yes this file is safe.
    Regards

Exclamation

Ed,

Look for the following folders containing a simconnect.dll. Versions ESP thru FSX SP2/ACC are confirmed while the P3D version is not (no P3D - yet), info obtained off the web. Should give you an idea where to look though. They should also be listed in your add/remove programs dialog in the control panel.

Code:
    ESP v1.0 .dll version=1.0.195.0
    C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.esp.simconnect_HASHCODE_1.0.20.0_none_HASHCODE

FSX RTM .dll version=6.2.60905.0
    C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_HASHCODE_10.0.60905.0_none_HASHCODE

FSX SP1 .dll version=6.2.61355.0
    C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_HASHCODE_10.0.61242.0_none_HASHCODE

FSX SP2/ACC/SE .dll version=6.2.61637.0
    C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_HASHCODE_10.0.61259.0_none_HASHCODE

P3D v2&3 ?? .dll version=6.2.62615.0
    C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_HASHCODE_10.0.62615.0_none_HASHCODE
    Roman

Thanks Roman!

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Spokes and Beaufighter, I found them in my Apps list. It did not yet help to make my Just Flight Mosquito visible, but one has to start somewhere.

Members who have read this thread: 0