Broke My Back - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broke My Back

Blog Entries
    I am in pain, due to the weather I think, , yesterday I woke at 4 am to pain and it was raining outside, the pain lasted all day.
    I did weed the flower garden yesterday on my knees, lol, and today still woke to pain, note storms are just west of me by 10 miles or so. Pain pills only to lighten the load.
    Look What I Have Become!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Have a similar problem with the weather. So sorry for your pain. Regards,Scott

Ouch, so sorry. Hope you're feeling better soon, Ickie!

Blog Entries
    don't know what is happening but friday I woke to pain in my right foot, Sat woke to pain in my right leg under butt, sunday woke at 4 am to PAIN again in right leg, and this morning at 2 AM I woke to PAIN in both legs just below the BUTT and still in right foot.
    Pain pills make me not notice this but something is wrong.
    Maybe a pinched nerve?
    Maybe exercise ?
    I am calling the DR at the VA this morning.
    Look What I Have Become!

Man I've not been here for ages and this post is the 1st I see. I pray for a quick recovery.
    Having dealt with serious back and neck probs after having rock fall on me in the mines
    back in the 80s I know what that kind of pain is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    don't know what is happening but friday I woke to pain in my right foot, Sat woke to pain in my right leg under butt, sunday woke at 4 am to PAIN again in right leg, and this morning at 2 AM I woke to PAIN in both legs just below the BUTT and still in right foot.
    Pain pills make me not notice this but something is wrong.
    Maybe a pinched nerve?
    Maybe exercise ?
    I am calling the DR at the VA this morning.

That sounds like sciatica, feels like a hot steel rod being pushed down through your leg?

I understand your pain completely, and empathize totally. After 4 motorcycle accidents, I KNOW pain too, and I get the aches and pains during bad weather too. What's happening to you now sounds like sciatica. Thankfully, THAT problem I don't have.
    Naturally, I am NOT a medical physician. I dropped out to join the Corps. I know, not too bright, obviously Definately get your Dr's opinion. I won't say anything about VA doctors. My daughter is a frequent flyer with her VA doc, and needless to say, I'm not impressed. Probably just that one doctor I guess. Of course, she's my pride and joy, and fellow Marine, which may cloud my judgement a little

Anyway, I hope they get you better soonest, although the weather thing will most likely be with you the rest of your life. Mine has been so far...
    Good fortune to you sir!
    Pat☺

Blog Entries
    today I am feeling much better, I took the leg pillows off the bed, also yesterday I cut my grass and took the dog on 4 long walks, plus added another antenna on my pole. so I was quite active.
    now where did I put that cane.
    Look What I Have Become!

the leg pillows the one that goes between the knees sorta kinda?..if so,when i tried that pillow i woke each morning with more pain..i just bring my knees up towards my chest,laying on my side of course,and it helps open the space around the disc from what ive been told,all i know is if i sleep on my back,my legs are both "dead" for awhile,i hate to admit this,but i even wet myself one morning,not fun.

I am glad you're feeling better, at least.
    now where did I put that cane.
    Tut tut! Guys like us don't use a "cane"! We use a HIKING STAFF!
    I personally use a Leki WanderfreundAS, a great little staff. Fully adjustable in length, from about 2' to about 6'. Very comfortable handle. It even has a Shock Absorber built in that softens shocks to your hand and arm. It also has a carbide tip. Very handy in show and ice, although I generally only use a rubber foot over it to protect floors and such. About $65.00, IIRC. In my mind, well worth every cent.
    I hope you will still go see the doc. Sometimes when you are feeling better, the symptoms may be reduced. That doesn't mean the root cause has gone away.
    Anyway, I am glad things are looking up for you! May they continue to do so
    Pat☺

Blog Entries
    I woke this morning to both feet killing me, must be nerve pain it's 55* here in St Pete Florida this morning.
    I see my Dr Nov 1st, can't wait. 1st time since braking my back the last Sunday in Aug.
    Look What I Have Become!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Man Ickie can't believe they had you come back in 2 months. At least you are still moving around and doing stuff so hopefully with time stuff will go back to normal. Just weird that it is traveling down your legs to your feet like that. Guess nerves do strange things. Cold weather definitely doesn't help either. I fell on my pinky a month and a half ago and fractured it, and I too notice the pain gets worse with the cold or wet weather. Used to not believe old people talking about that stuff, but now that I am older I guess they really weren't lying, lol.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Blog Entries
    this whole thing was a screw up and stinks.
    first off I broke my back on Sunday, Aug 28th 2016, and waited till

Monday to go to the VA Aug 29th 2016.
    My Dr wasn't in so I had to see a step in DR late in the day, and she ordered the XRay, this was at 3 PM Monday when XRay was taken.

I was sent home

for the next 10 days I called and called and nobody would tell me what I did.
    FINALLY
    then 10 days later I finally got to speak to my DR nurse and she informed me of the broken back, a compression crack on L4.
    She said, I already had pain pills so there is nothing else they could do

I now have to wait till Nov 01 2016 to see my DR.
    Look What I Have Become!

I know what you are going through Ickie.I hope your
    Doc can get to the bottom of your problem.

Try a small electric blanket on your back.Heat helps a little.

Lay of any hard yard work,etc.

Anthin...

Blog Entries
    I really need 1 of these but do not have the $100 to buy one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151894873798...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Look What I Have Become!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Sounds about right for military medicine. Go in for issue, can't do anything and tell you to come back in 10 days. I am still active, and yet we get the same response. All the times I have had strep they told me I wasn't sick, yet they sent me on me way only to call me a week later freaking out telling me I needed to pick up antibiotics. Luckily I haven't had to go through that in a few years now.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

When I got smallpox, at 24 in '84, I went down to sickbay in Yuma. I just thought I had a bad cold. 2 days SIQ, away I go. I walked in, the guy on duty glanced at me, did the most hilarious double-take and screamed "GET OUT!!" at me. He cracked the door just far enough, handed me a 7-day SIQ chit, wearing a gown, 2 masks (!) and 2 sets of gloves. As soon as I took it, he slammed the door, locked it, and started disinfecting it. I didn't even know what was going on! I went home, and that's all I recall for a week. Apparently I came real close to dead in place, and they never even checked on me. Great medical service, huh?
    My daughter, former Marine like her daddy, keeps getting different doctors, different mixtures of drugs, different places she has to go...it's rediculous!
    Over-all, I am NOT impressed with military medical systems, although I have to admit, we Marines do love the Corpsmen assigned to us. Without them, there'd be a lot fewer present and former Marines around.
    I have to admit, too, that the last Dental Tech I ran into, who gave me my discharge cleaning, was friggen incredible. She was a very well blessed young lady, and sat at the top of my chair, leaning waaaay over and doing the work. I couldn't hear a word she said, just nodded, very happily may I say, any time she said anything Best cleaning I've had in my life. I did manage to talk her into going out waterskiing on my friend's boat with us that weekend, at least. She looked model-gorgeous in a bikini, and fell out of it all the time. Not that we minded, at all, of course!
    So not ALL the mil-spec med is bad, just most of it.
    Ickie, I hope you get better soonest! I know, you'l probably never be 100% again, but get as better as you can

Members who have read this thread: 0