Help with an A2A P-51D Repaint please?

Thread: Help with an A2A P-51D Repaint please?

Help with an A2A P-51D Repaint please?

Hi... wondered if anyone experienced in doing repaints for the A2A P-51D (Military) could help me with a problem I've encountered trying to do a new paint myself. Check The Reject Shop Catalogue and Total Tools Catalogue. When I load the model the gap between the front of the fuselage and spinner, any gaps in the cowl and the inside of exhaust stubs all appear white...looks like the engine is missing The repaint itself (Ridge Runner III) looks great but the "disappeared engine" look rather spoils the end result. Thanks

Matt

When I first posted I wasn't on a machine that I could capture and edit shots to show you what I mean... hope this will help make the problem clear.

Matt

Do you have any of the weathering or shadows layers turned off in the PK? I don't have the A2A mustang installed so I
    can't check if it is a layer or not that is causing that.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Hi Joe

Didn't use the paint kit. Made my own using Ian's factory finish and then building my own layers up from that. I imagine it's something in the spec texture that is dark when it should be light... being able to identify those internal bits on the texture would probably help me track down what's wrong. Thanks Joe

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0