Parnall elf

Thread: Parnall elf

SOH-CM-2023

Parnall elf

Another one of the lo & slo's from Dave Molyneaux over at Flightsim......parnall_elf.zip
    Keith

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....arnall_elf.zip
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; August 26th, 2016 at 14:14. Reason: Link added

Wonderful! Two wings and lots a' strings. It don't get no better.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Wonderful! Two wings and lots a' strings. It don't get no better.
    Not so many strings on this one though!!!
    Keith

Love it!

Thank you!

Great aircraft, but is anyone else experiencing what I am. That is, jumping about on the runway when loaded and bucking all over the place in flight at much less than the recommended cruise speed.

SOH-CM-2023
    djs, now thats very interesting because I had trouble with that when Beta testing & I thought I had cured that problem! try increasing the MOI values slightly, say by 100 but only do one axis at a time (pitch, roll, yaw). When it stops please post your results.
    Keith

P.S. Just had an idea & tested it - by reducing the frame rate to 19 it will jump when on the ground with engine running - what frame rate are you getting?
    K

Hi Keith
    Many thanks for the response.

I'll go straight to your PS first. My frame rate is set at 20 which is where it has been since my last install about 4 months ago. Frame rates are something I never have to touch since all works fine with the status quo.

At sometime tomorrow I will take your advice and apply a touch of trial and error to the MOI section. I had a feeling it may be something to do with that having played around with it (without really knowing what I am doing) in the past, notably on the FCS Hawker Fury which showed almost the same traits.

Anyway, many thanks for the guidance, I suspect I shall have fun tomorrow and will certainly let you know how it works out.

David

SOH-CM-2023
    David,
    Yes have had the experience before where frame rate is set at 20 fps by people who 'internet fly' for want of a better description. I must admit that mine was set at 32 fps for the Beta testing, but if set to unlimited it will achieve more that 150 fps in my set up. To be honest any more than 30 fps is a waste of time in FS9, unless one is flying supersonic at sea level!
    The MOI values for the Elf are higher than the SDK calculated values, which I found needed increasing to stop the jiggles!
    Good luck
    Keith

Hello again Keith
    Firstly, I never realised that frame rate had an effect on issues such as this.
    Got it sorted by upping the frame rate to 32 then altering the MOI Pitch value to 1600. There is a very slight single bump on loading but it then settles. In flight it stays very stable up to 120 and a little beyond. If I leave the MOI at it's original setting it starts bucking at around 70.
    Hope that makes sense to you but bottom line it works.
    Once again thank you for the aircraft and your guidance.
    David

SOH-CM-2023
    David,
    Very glad to be of assistance & I hope the fix works for any other simmers having this problem. Thank you for letting me know your pitch MOI value.
    Why the jiggle is cured by varying the MOI & FPS values between users I don't know in FS9 'cos it doesn't seem to be a problem in FSX.
    Keith

SOH-CM-2023
    David,
    One other thing you can try that might eliminate the initial jump when loading the aircraft is to change the static_pitch from 11.7 to 12.3, & the static_cg_height from 4.18 to 4.25. These values are defined in the aircraft.cfg below the Contact points.
    I have this small jump, but one can test this by selecting/deselecting Slew mode (Y) on the keyboard.
    (just had this problem on my WIP project, now cured!)
    Keith

Keith, thank you for that little tip which has proved to be the icing on the cake!!! Tested as suggested using slew mode and the aircraft behaves beautifully.

Yet another example of what a pleasure it is to be be part of this community, everyone gives freely.

Thanks again and keep 'em coming !!

David

SOH-CM-2023
    David,
    Glad again to be of help, I just wonder though how many other people have these problems but either suffer in silence or know how to fix it themselves, but seemingly can't be bothered to inform everyone else. It is nice to get any feedback/criticism in order to improve ones next product!
    So thank you very much for you feedback.
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 0