Yet another german jet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another german jet?

Yet another german jet?

ok guys,
    as some of you noticed maybe, I was metioned at another thread my old wish to make own Heinkel 162. still, we have some such CFS3 airplane already.

well, when searching the www for some info and drawings Ive found very similar looking, interesting german jet.
    it was supposed to be a replacement for Ju 87 Stuka, designed like a very small single seat (deck chear infact) bomber.

I was curious, how it would look ingame, so I took a few hours yeasterday to try to make it from scratch. first blood images attached. it lacks canopy, moving parts and regular gear sofar.

what the airplane name is, is a small quiz for you...

if there would be interest, I could try to continue on it. but this time I would rather substitute the virtual cockpit with another CFS3 airplane instead of working on my own... any tips?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_hs_02.jpg   cfs3_hs_01.jpg  

this updated wip image could help a bit more to disclosure whats the airplane name

the pilot was in a prone position, the better to withstand the intense G-forces of the fast, steep dive during the bomb run.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails german_jet_for_charlie.jpg  

It would be great to have the Hs 132.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Very interesting aircraft. Would love to fly another Luft '46 aircraft........you got my vote(yes!!!) and thanks.

thanks

ok, yes, its a Henschel Hs 132, single seat jet powered dive bomber built at 1945
    this airplane yet belongs to the real "Luft '46" german revolutionary designed aircrafts... means one protoype was (almost) completed

could be interesting to enjoy some bombing with this birdy relating to the G-force when some brutal pullout maneuver (designed to withstand up to 10-12 G), right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hs132.jpg  

wohooo...another 46' project !! can't wait to test it mate !

Definitely worth doing Borek, very interesting aeroplane!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Oh yeah, I like that!

Do it.

My favourite time period for German aviation.

Kev

Just a very humble suggestion: If you're looking for one of those odd, rare German birds, perhaps the Arado Ar240 (which actually saw service, although not in its intended role). Not a jet though.
    http://hyperscale.com/features/2002/ar240fw_1.htm

thanks for interesting airplane link, Threedp
    I personaly am focused on early jet and rocket powered aircrafts rather

ok, did some small progress on the german dive bomber, modeling the gear mesh. some early shots attached.
    once the base stuff will be prepared I could try to make some quick texture / paint and send it to wiekniera, to make some decent shots.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hs_132_03.jpg   hs_132_02.jpg   hs_132_01.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Check this site out . It's pretty interesting .... http://www.luft46.com/ I like to just daydream at this site.

yeah, its my favorite site, glad it sill work so many years

some small news: Ive spent two hours just to find a decent way how to clone the complex gear mesh animation from left wing to the right one. I remember the gmax Mirror tool makes it relatively easy, but having the inverted face issue. Using the Mirror Modifier keeps the faces correct, but also keeps the mesh pivot axis of the current animated part... that means the parts are mirrored at its current place under the left wing, not under the right one.

tried to attach (link) it to a world axis zero positioned mesh node and mirror this way, but it didnt helped...

means that I have to bother with all such stuff manually?

yeah, but it's usually not too hard.

for gear that retract along the horizontal plane of the aircraft (and are mirror images) like your Henschel .
    -mirror the whole system with gear extended . set mirror center to 0
    -go through new parts one by one
    -remame
    -for parts that have rotational animation
    -select pivot point only
    -move pivot point along x-axis by by changing distance from + to – (if copying right gear to left)
    -rotate the pivot point 180degrees around the parts world axis
    -repeat for all parts with rotational animation.
    -for parts with position animation ( like shock absorbers), if they move up and down only you should be ok if you mirrored with gear extended . If there is any other directional movement you may have to tweak the animation.

Hope this helps

thank you for the small tut
    yeah, Ive had to do it somehow like you described, seems a little of hand work is needed

not much visible progress because of a family weekend trip and so... ok, a few new images presents the current stage.
    next needs to cut / slice some mesh parts eg. the front gear bay / doors or wing moving parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hs132_lg_01.jpg   hs132_lg_02.jpg   hs132_lg_03.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Awesome work ! A really cool jet! Thank you,BorekS . Hope to see it soon in CFS3.

thanks, Scott

yesterday I took a look at the project again... finally created the gear doors, so I was able to make some small progress with the gear animation fixing. it seems it could work relatively fine. nice feature: the nose wheel rotates 90deg side to fit into the fuselage under the pilots lounger

would like to texture the model soon, to present something more eyecandy

as to the physics I would take some existing, probably from He 162.

guys, if you would know about some decent image how actually should look the Hs 132 interior (instrument panel), let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hs_132_04.jpg  

a few new images added at the simhangar site.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hs132_r_01_mod.jpg   hs132_r_02_mod.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Awesome !!! Can't wait to try her out when done. Another great one by the master of rockets and Luftwaffe jets.Thanks and i hope you get the help needed to get it completed .

Blog Entries
    You have quite a few interesting aircraft in the works. I hope they can all see the light of day sometime. One can only wish. Thanks for the Me-163 .It's one of my favorite interceptors and a pure joy to fly.Thanks for all your work. I'm your biggest fan ! Regards,Scott

I had hoped you would come back to this B!

Here's to seeing this in sim some day.

thank you

yeah, I would like to touch this project again. as mentioned a few posts back, I would focus on the visual aspect of this airplane now, having also one cute skin source / inspiration source found, the snaky one:

ok, I just took 20 minutes to use the paint scheme image and simply apply it on my model. it isnt a regular skin, just a qick visualisation, how it could look.

nore: this skin design is by Renaud Sharkit, a french artist, check out here: bit.ly/1a4mJ5a
    Last edited by BorekS; June 14th, 2018 at 05:56.

Very Cool!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0