WS Simulations Velocity XL released.

Thread: WS Simulations Velocity XL released.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

WS Simulations Velocity XL released.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Is this updated? Seem to remember a release a year or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Is this updated? Seem to remember a release a year or so ago.
    You may be thinking of the one that FlySimware released. A good model at the time, but this appears to be much better.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    You may be thinking of the one that FlySimware released. A good model at the time, but this appears to be much better.
    This one: http://flysimware.com/website/Velocity_XL_RG.html

I agree that the WS Simulations model and textures look better, the big difference being the glass cockpit in the Flysimware model. I have neither so I don't know how well they fly.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Looking at the panel in the screenshots I've seen, it doesn't look to be IFR capable like the Flysimware model

Has anyone got this - if so, what's the vc like? I have already got their Seminole but was hoping someone else would bite first on this one!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Has anyone got this - if so, what's the vc like? I have already got their Seminole but was hoping someone else would bite first on this one!
    I was just about to ask this myself. I'm waiting for some reviews before I go and buy it. I'm especially interested to see if I'm wrong about its panel capabilities...

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    Looking at the panel in the screenshots I've seen, it doesn't look to be IFR capable like the Flysimware model
    What didn't you see that would cause you to think it isn't IFR capable?

Current System Specs:

HSI doesn't look like it shows VOR or glideslope, no ADF. Does have a nice Garmin unit though

Some of the poorest screen shots I have seen. They are dark and too small to see anything in the cockpit. If anyone does get it, please post some decent screenies of the panel.

Dave

http://www.fspilotshop.com/wssimualt...3d-p-6279.html
    Screenshot 9 looks okay. I wonder what engine they've simulated in this one

I've always liked the look of the aircraft and decided to jump and buy this yesterday. For whatever reason, the VC shows up fine and the external doesn't. I'm talking with their support to sort through the matter but be advised that I went back and checked to sale page at Flightsim.com Pilot Shop and took note (albeit too late) that the nomenclature indicates this model is for FSX SP2 and P3Dv2. I did advise WSS that I was using FSXA but they indicated that is should still work (unless I have a corrupt installer/missing files). Will update when I hear anything from WSS and if my issues get solved.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    . . . . .I did advise WSS that I was using FSXA but they indicated that is should still work (unless I have a corrupt installer/missing files). Will update when I hear anything from WSS and if my issues get solved.
    I would think running it in FSX/Accel would be fine. . .I would expect the opposite to actually be a cause for problems (if it were designed for FSX/Accel and then want to run it in FSX SP2). As for P3D, I actually have aircraft that gave me minor problems in earlier versions that are trouble free when used in V3.3. It does seem odd that they would build for P3D_V2, considering where LM is with the current version. Maybe they just didn't have access to the latest version or there were concerns with some of the newer coding that caused them to stop where they did.

Current System Specs:

Storm, can you comment on the IFR capabilities of the panel? And how does the FDE compare to the Flysimware?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    Storm, can you comment on the IFR capabilities of the panel? And how does the FDE compare to the Flysimware?
    There are no IFR capabilities with this model, no NAV radio function, only GPS and both the GPS and Autopilot functions are very basic. I can't comment on the FDE differences between the WSS & Flysimware versions as I do not have the Flysimware model but based on what I've seen from the latter on Youtube videos, I tend to think Flysimware has put more effort into getting their FDE right. Right now, I more or less feel I'm out $20 on this model. Still no resolution on the issue I'm having and digging deeper into it, it's not that great of a model.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hate to revive an old thread but I picked this up the other day and the biggest complaint I have is that when you drop the gear, it's like dropping full flaps (this plane has none). Any idea of what I can adjust to stop that behavior?

Thanks,
    LouP

Just in case anyone else searched on this; I made a couple of small changes in the aircraft.cfg file that seem to have made a big difference. Try to make the following changes and see what you think:

power_scalar = 1.2

parasite_drag_scalar = 0.8

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 0