Aerosoft F-16 Drag chute

Thread: Aerosoft F-16 Drag chute

Aerosoft F-16 Drag chute

After reading on here of the Aerosoft sale I bought the F-16. I've read the manual but can't see how to stream the drag chute. It is mentioned on the landing diagram but that is all I can find, please can anyone tell me if this F-16 has a drag chute?

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    After reading on here of the Aerosoft sale I bought the F-16. I've read the manual but can't see how to stream the drag chute. It is mentioned on the landing diagram but that is all I can find, please can anyone tell me if this F-16 has a drag chute?
    No drag chute mate! The Norwegian and Israeli birds have the drag chute container but without any animation. Bye
    The more you do, the less you dream

Taken from the Avsim review..
    If you look at the tail, you’ll notice there’s a drag chute folded up over the exhaust novel. No, it doesn’t deploy. As Mr.
    Kok explained on the support forum, “The chute is only used in rather special occasions (short runway with low
    braking action) and certainly not used standard. We discussed it but in the end decided that adding all that code
    made little sense and never would look realistic. To make a realistic looking and above all WORKING (meaning it
    would increase braking in regards to speed/wind) just was not worth the effort. If it could not be done at least semirealistic we would not do it.

ATB
    DaveB

Thank you both for the information, a little disappointing for this big kid who looks for added play value.

Members who have read this thread: 0