The JustFlight Hawk T1 has been released.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The JustFlight Hawk T1 has been released.

The JustFlight Hawk T1 has been released.

JustFlight has released their Hawk. Until the first of August it is available for a reduced price:

http://www.justflight.com/product/ha...vanced-trainer

Cheers,
    Huub

Looks terrific, sadly I'm skint after our holiday...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Fly Navy - Sail Army - Walk Sideways!

Dave

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

My favorite Hawk livery:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Yikes.. wish I could agree Ferry. Don't think I've ever seen a scheme look so bad on a Hawk

Who cares though. Each to their own
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks for the support link, read on the forums about using the DCS Hawk checklist as well. I'll take any scheme with "skull and bones".
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Is there going to be a CT-155 RCAF/NJJPT variant, does anyone know?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Is there going to be a CT-155 RCAF/NJJPT variant, does anyone know?
    It would be nice to think that there might be models based on the Hawk 100-series and the Hawk 200-series airframes. Certainly, enough countries fly/flew them.
    The case could be raised, but the decision would probably be based on commercial considerations.

We've been very lucky that Dino did the T-45, after all.
    What about the Hawk 127 LIF (Australia)?

Personally, I'd like to see a Hawk T2 (based on the CF-155?).

Dave

Its nice but I also have the over "twitchy" pitch input, seems to happen especially when at lower airspeeds (around 130 knots?) had it happen on take off once and also on landing about twice where just entered a osculation then stalled.
    Another thing that seems to be odd is the weapons load locations, from pictures the CBLS is normally loaded on the inner pylons not the outer, I am not saying this is wrong but seems to be normally on the inners...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    As far as I Know the only interchanged parts between the Hawk T1 and the T2 are the canopy and the air brake so that would require a totally new model and VC.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

The T2 is based on the Mk128.

Found this "Hawk Story" http://aerosociety.com/Assets/Docs/P...r-Mitchell.pdf online (good read for anyone interested in the Hawk) and this stated that for RAF use only the inner pylons are provided... (Page 39) Going to pass this info over to Just Flight...

For the RAF aircraft, only inner wing pylons are provided, capable of mounting weapon trainer

stores up to 1,500 lb weight, but export versions of the aircraft carry up to five wing and

centreline pylons, the inner ones being capable of carrying external fuel tanks with capacities

of 100, 130 and 190 imperial gallons each. The maximum weight of external stores in this case

could be up to 6,800 lb (which has been demonstrated).

I have given the Hawk a workout tonight and thought I would share my observations.
    Things I have noticed that may not be obvious since there is no documentation on actually flying it.

It is pitch sensitive no doubt but also be aware that with a short nose and high eye point, you get the impression that you are not pitched as high as you actually are. This leads to over rotation on takeoff and being slow on approach.
    It just takes some getting used to. The Aerosoft OV-10 is the same way.

The controls are powered by the number two Hydraulic system. That system requires a minimum amount of engine rpm to work. In fact the test of the Ram Air Turbine when airborne is to throttle back to idle and move the controls vigorously.
    I believe this is what is causing some of the aileron problems. check the #2 hydraulic gauge by your left leg, forward right of the throttle when at low power, also look outside and see if the RAT has deployed. Once you get your rpm back up press the #2 hydraulic reset button to retract the RAT and get things back to normal. All this reminds me of the F-104 and it's requirement to maintain a certain rpm for the blown flaps to work, therefore it is good to add drag when at low power settings.

I found airspeed on rotation and final approach to be critical to be firmly in control of pitch. I don't rotate on takeoff below 110 to 120 knots, I fly final at 150 knots, pulling back power when landing is assured.
    Take it up and configure it for takeoff and landing, see what airspeed it stalls at and figure your rotation and final approach speeds you are comfortable with, that is how I came up with my numbers.
    As I said earlier, glance at the artificial horizon on final to see how much the nose is pitched up. For me it always feels as if I am flat when I am actually at landing attitude. Same goes for climb out. The low instrument panel/ high eye point really can fool you.

Blog Entries
    For anyone interested there's a website run by an RAF Hawk instructor called Fast Jet Performance .com:

http://www.fastjetperformance.com/

He gives lots of lessons via YouTube films, all good stuff.

Ian

Hawk T1 fuel burn figures

I have done some very mundane test flying to produce fuel burn figures for the Just Flight Hawk
    I am going to make a graph with air speed gained vs fuel burn increased if anyone is interested.

Until then I thought I would share some results so you can figure how much fuel you are using.

rpm ---10,000 feet --- 20,000 feet--- 30,000 feet

78% -- 406 KgH -- 331KgH --- ----

80% -- 447 KgH -- 372 KgH -- 285 KgH

84% --580 KgH ---454 KgH---335 KgH

88% -- 700 KgH -- 535 KgH--- ----

92%-- 797 KgH -- 590 KgH --- 419 KgH

Fuel burn is basically linear

Does anyone else find that the course setting dial on the HSI sometimes only moves in 10's, the next flight it might only move in ones?
    I have looked at the manual and I don't see where you can alternate between the two

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Does anyone else find that the course setting dial on the HSI sometimes only moves in 10's, the next flight it might only move in ones?
    I have looked at the manual and I don't see where you can alternate between the two
    That sounds like an issue that might be caused by 'event flooding' which is a relatively simple issue to fix. I have reported it to my colleagues in the Hawk dev team.

EDIT: Our testing team have already reported this and it's being fixed. Regarding the FDE issues, please take a look at this FAQ - http://www.justflight.com/support/ha...rainer/f993011
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Wonder if...

Wonder if we'll ever see a good Hawk 115, Hawk 127 & Hawk 128 one day.

Service Pack 1 is now available for the Hawk T1 - http://www.justflight.com/support/ha...rainer/53eafec

<str&#111;ng style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 12.0036px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 18.0018px;">What's new in this release?

• Brand new flight model.
    • Option to enable nosewheel steering added to configuration tool.
    • Interactive checklist added.
    • Hydraulic system draining during flight manoeuvres - fixed
    • Some ordnance not showing in VC – fixed.
    • Stall horn removed and replaced with buffet rumble noise.
    • Default sim battery will automatically be turned on to prevent engine start problems.
    • Text overlap on radio unit – fixed
    • Joysticks with multiple throttle levers not working – fixed
    • P3D preview window issue fixed.

</str&#111;ng>
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Thank you Martyn, that's a huge improvement. I just took a quick flight and the Standard FDE feels very good.

Thanks again - Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Service Pack 1 is now available for the Hawk T1 - http://www.justflight.com/support/ha...rainer/53eafec

• Brand new flight model.
    • Interactive checklist added.
    • Hydraulic system draining during flight manoeuvres - fixed
    • Some ordnance not showing in VC – fixed.
    • Stall horn removed and replaced with buffet rumble noise.
    • Default sim battery will automatically be turned on to prevent engine start problems.
    • Text overlap on radio unit – fixed
    • Joysticks with multiple throttle levers not working – fixed
    • P3D preview window issue fixed.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I for the life of me can not find

anywhere in the manual or the config tool that pops up when you hit "shift 2"!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    I for the life of me can not find

anywhere in the manual or the config tool that pops up when you hit "shift 2"!?!?
    If you click on "Hawk_ConfigApp.exe" in the Hawk airplane folder the config tool comes up. There might be another way to do this but I wouldn't know.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    If you click on "Hawk_ConfigApp.exe" in the Hawk airplane folder the config tool comes up. There might be another way to do this but I wouldn't know.
    Thank you very much. Also are you finding that the cross hair is not on the HUD but above it!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Thank you very much. Also are you finding that the cross hair is not on the HUD but above it!!?!
    Yes I do. But I thought that it was a P3D issue and already reported in JF forum. Are you using P3D? The collimation procedure is different in FSX and P3D. The pipper may be showing OK in FSX but in P3D the projection is not limited to the HUD glass and it shows everywhere. I hope they will fix it as it is unusable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Yes I do. But I thought that it was a P3D issue and already reported in JF forum. Are you using P3D? The collimation procedure is different in FSX and P3D. The pipper may be showing OK in FSX but in P3D the projection is not limited to the HUD glass and it shows everywhere. I hope they will fix it as it is unusable now.
    Yes this is in P3D. Have not tried it in FSX as yet....

Members who have read this thread: 0