Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    The day has finally arrived. Very easily one of the very best aircraft ever offered to our community. Thanks to the team for a fantastic job. Very much appreciated.
    What he said...

MGNIFIQUE - Merci beaucoup pour ce fabuleux travail. C'est Noël avant l'heure

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Fantastic news!!!!

As a creator of some liveries for the previous version, I'm interested to know what modicifations may be needed. Are they documented anywhere (externally or in the D/L archive)?

Needless to say, I 'd like to update my liveries ASAP to enjoy this superb new version!!!

Adam.

For everyone who already has skins for the previous MJ C-47, your skins will work with this model. You won't have Ted's new radials when using previous skins.

Re: The Paint Kit

The PK will be uploaded tomorrow AM and includes all layers you would need to do comprehensive paints. All of the layers are broken out for extensive editing. Ted was generous enough to provide me with his radials in layered format, so they will be available for painters to drop into previous paints.

The PK will also come with a set of basic metal skins to use as a base layer for paints. All wear and shadowing is available in PS layers format.
    I've also created a set of enhanced bump maps and specular files that can be added to your skins, old or new. The bump and specular files will globally update all old skins and come with a readme file for easy installation.

I've formatted my package to utilize a shared texture format, so all common files will reside in the shared folder while your skins will be added in the usual way.

I'll be providing a tutorial for those interested in exploring "skinning" in more depth.

When I release the PK, I'll start a new thread to cover paint tips, questions and tech talk. We'll leave this thread for screenies and appreciation of this beautiful offering by Jan Visser, Manfred Jahn and team. Thank you sirs for inviting me to be part of the process.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Beautiful aircraft - thank you!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

I'm old, almost didn't survive the shock of announcement, wish me luck, after my heart slows down I'm going to download and install.

Incredible work and uniquely generous gift to the community. Many thanks to all involved.
    I'm in awe of the talent and good taste demonstrated on so many levels with this classy bird.
    I just sat in the cockpit for a good 20 min's or so with mouth agape, my attention jumping from one fine detail to another.
    Then there are the engine details...the sounds...the list just goes on and on.

Just finished my first flight. Thanks so much to all involved. Based on the previews I was expecting a lot and the actual experience was even better. Love the voice checklists and the sounds, both external and internal. Wow!

Bill

I just completed reading the Operations Manual -- WOW! The thought and attention to detail that went into the development of this C-47 is as impressive as the amazing creative talents that brought it to life!

An outstanding accomplishment -- thank you.

Al

One word.....BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Many thanks to all involved in the production of this masterpiece!

The Old MSgt

SOH-CM-2023

Icon27 Magnificant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downloading just now, but ............... grgrgrgrgr can't fly the thing for the first time on sunday, thanks to busy live.
    Waited a long time, but it was wurth the waiting.
    GREAT WORK THANKS TO THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John "Siebolt"

The library will be besieged! Fantastic work!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Everything it promised to be, and more. Christmas in July.

SOH-CM-2020
    Absolutely Fantastic

Many thanks to all who produced this classic.

Well done

Pete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YouRock1.jpg  

Thank you very much for this wonderful airplane! Downloading now.

Pekka

According to DL speed many others are doing the same task.

Certainly as much and more than expected and now that the pain of waiting is over... it was worth it!!!

a real masterpiece !!
    thanks so much to all involved.
    it's almost like christmas

Thank you thank you fantastic been worth the wait just had my first flight
    that cockpit is awsome
    thanks once again for the team that made this come to life

Just want to say.Thank you to all who worked so hard to bring us a outstanding!!!!!!!!!! C47/DC3. I took up for 1/2 hour. Fly's like a dream. Again thank you.

Wow!
    Amazing!! ¡Maravilloso! Tres fantastique! Wundebar!

Thank you all the team involved in this marvelous project.

Hehehe, the forums are heavily loaded at this moment... All the flightsim community is anxious to get this gem.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

What a wonderful work. Great job. That was worth waiting for !!!!

Greetings
    Klaus

She's a beauty! Thank you so much and carry on!

Best, paulopp

A real gem thank you, thank you, thank you.

Cheers
    Rich

Wonderful plane and cockpit, thanks. I know it's beta so hope you can get the interior and panel lights to work soon as I do mostly evening and night flights.

This is really the greatest DC-3/C-47 I have ever seen! So much great detail, useful tools, optic and sound!
    I think that have been said often now, but this Plane have not to hide from a lot of Payware birds! Some of them are way behind this bird!

Thank you very much!

Outstanding work,guys!
    Thank you all for the long and hard work on this plane.
    Your work is much appreciated.
    Mike

Members who have read this thread: 8