Lippisch P.13a ramjet - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lippisch P.13a ramjet

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Where are the guns on this model ? Is this something to be done later? Looking really good with this interesting interceptor . Thank you for all the work done/doing on this cool project .

the external CFS3 model is just visible together with the virtual cpit mesh, and thats not good. could be something wrong with the text editable xdp file vs the gmax project name convention and /or dummy node hierarchy.
    you probably know by now that you can split off the external framing and attach to "cockpit" hierarchy in gmax . Then it wont be visible from vc. Thanks for the updates.

no worries, somethink like the guns will be there, they just arent modelled sofar
    they will be eighter a simple hole paint, as it is solved at the Komet, or I will create it bit more seriously important is there are the gun nodes already

as to the external / internal mesh visibility I think I know the needed CFS3 gmax airplane structure, seems I just doing something wrong

Blog Entries
    This is one exciting aircraft ! Am greatly pleased with the Me-163Bes and if this comes close to it this interceptor will be great when done. Like the idea of keeping it simple too.I'm just learning how to use GMax and it looks challenging . Thank you for all the time and effort . Best Regards , Scott

oh, thank you

I am glad the Komet got the public release stage, it was possible because of a great support by other people relating to various flightsim modding aspects. thanks to all involved

the Lippisch and basically all the few other CFS3 projects I am presenting here are dependent on such kind of help too, still I would really take it all much simpler this time

well, now I need to beat the VC vs exteriror visibility problem...
    Last edited by BorekS; August 29th, 2016 at 03:57.

Blog Entries
    Here's a really cool video of a P.13A . Eye opening footage. A wonderful RC aircraft. enjoy.... https://vimeo.com/68609682

wow! really spooky when imagine this would meet the allied pilots on the sky. a heartbreak event.

Blog Entries
    Hope you get the help needed to complete this awesome interceptor . I know this is a long process but well worth it. Really into Luft '46 aircraft . Glad WW II ended before they could take to the sky. It would be a shock to the Allies if the Luftwaffe produced these jet/rocket aircraft. Best Regards , Scott

I hope too, mate

well, to be honest I didnt got any mail post for more then 1.5 month from gecko, so I know literary zero if I should somehow bother with the P.13a gauge panel, relating to the fact it may be technically two engined aircaft (rocket + ramjet). we also can take it simply like a single engined jet fighter with a rocket booster, which will be not implemented.

I am even not sure if gecko ever tried the CF3 model, eg. to tell me what to change or improve (sample: wing moving part properities).

Blog Entries
    Hope gecko responds and any others that can contribute to its completion . Good luck. Getting a book(used) on GMax (GMax Bible with cd). Which should help me out learning how to use this 3d program . After that cockpits ,.air files..... Maybe then i could give back to the community . Thanks,Scott

Blog Entries
    Found some info on the Lippisch P.13B...interesting.... http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/LIPPISCH%20P.htm

yeah... still the P.13a is a much more sexy shaped birdy to me

I rather like another flyabe "sequel" of this airplane, where the P.13a triangle shaped wing and tail was applied on the american Convair XF-92 (1946). shame this was designed just like experimental aircraft only... would be nice to make some combats at CFS3

Blog Entries
    Convair made several delta winged aircraft such as the delta dagger and delta dart. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_F-106_Delta_Dart https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convai...2_Delta_Dagger

ah, this one... yes

well I would like to push the Lippisch for CFS3 bit closer to the public release, because the MiG-15 is almost done.

any volunteers to make a decent P.13a physics?

Blog Entries
    With two different engines it looks like a challenge. The dolly would be similar to the early Ar-234 ,so that's not far from the concept. Just bumping along.....

yeah, Ive totally forgot the early Arado 234 (skid gear version), which started with help of the dropable dolly (trolley). realised this again when supporting the Ar 234B project for CFS3

this way is done the current Lippisch P.13a for CFS3 aswell. it is basically same logic like the Me-163B Komet for CFS3.

Blog Entries

Another Luft '46 Fighter

You are correct Borek. Hope a new pit and correct engines are in the future . One can only wish. Thanks for all that is being done on this project .

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    hi guys, me again...

well, some time ago Ive started to make, just for fun, a model of a german WW2 ramjet, Lippisch P.13a.
    yesterday I did the dolly (carriage) for the airplane. the model isnt textured yet. anyway, the first model images attached.

I think it would be nice try to put it into CFS3 (and/or into the other flightsims).

still, what I am not sure, is how would be made such plane take off at CFS3. the P.13a has no landing gear, just a skid.
    I am 99% sure the presented dolly is just a transport item, not a droppable gear (just like it was at Me-163 Komet).

well, the aiprlane could start from some kind of ramp, or from some train-dolly.
    I saw some images where the airplane was mounted on the Mistel, but this seems to me bit complicated for CFS3 game play.

what you think about such CFS3 project?

Well Borek i guess you know my answer...

Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Lets hope that gecko finds the time to do his magic on this very interesting interceptor . Hope you find help with this very interesting aircraft. Wish i could do something to help. Still learning how to use Gmax. Very steep learning curve for dummy like me.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; October 15th, 2016 at 04:25.

one of the way, how to hook someone for help, could be a wip add-on public release, maybe. not here at SOH library officially, just at my simhangar site, where the Komet currently is.

I really hate to keep all my work at home, in a dark corner, web covered.

soon there would be available the Horten America Bomber, next the Lippisch, later the Henschel jet dive bomber, all the AI low polys as standalone downloads... and the new projekt, Gotha P.60 (oups, shhhht!).

once all would be done, it may be released here.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful news !! Very interesting aircraft. Hope you get the help needed to finish each one of your projects .

ok, been trying to add some engine exhaust effect emitter features.
    orginally I thought the effect nodes would be linked to the elevators / elevons... grrr, it doesnt work! they are just sticky position and orientaion to the fuselage. shame, the changable effect vector would be nice thing.

as to the specially engined Lippisch I did it as a single engined airplane. since start up to cca 25% power the airplane emitates the rocket booster effects and then in switches to the ramjet engine effect nodes.

its better then nothing, I would say.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lip_cfs3_engine_eff_01.jpg   lip_cfs3_engine_eff_02.jpg   lip_cfs3_engine_eff_03.jpg  
    Last edited by BorekS; October 21st, 2016 at 07:10.

SOH-CM-2020
    Very nice set of effects

glad you like it. Ive used the stock CFS3 jet engine and rocket effects, just slightly modded properities.

and now there is something which I found right now, a "must show", I suppose... a real Lippisch P.13a! never knew something like this was built. the image text says:
    "The Military Aviation Museum's example is a non-airworthy replica built by Holger Bull in Germany. It uses original parts as well as new construction."

source here: http://foofighter7.deviantart.com/ar...-13a-607611668
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lippisch_p_13a_by_foofighter7-da1r85w.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0