Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16 - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread: Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16

Anyone know where to find the fine repaints of DaveB? Seems to have disappeared. I found some of Peter Watkin's Sea Hawk paints at flightsim.com.

Sad Flying Stations is gone. Having a bit of a FAA revival . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Anyone know where to find the fine repaints of DaveB? Seems to have disappeared. I found some of Peter Watkin's Sea Hawk paints at flightsim.com.

Sad Flying Stations is gone. Having a bit of a FAA revival . .
    I think Dave placed a link of most of his repaints in this thread. I just checked and could download one of them.

Cees

Thanks Cees. Sorry at which post number did you try? It's a long thread . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

99, 105, 125, 178, 180, 185.......

Cees

Just a useful tip for others - when I mouse clicked on DaveB's get download "HERE" nothing would happen. But when I selected my download manage the link works.
    Very helpful + appreciated Cees. My apologies for taking your time.

Glad to help! Having fond memories atttached to this thread.....Still missing Dave.

Cees

And now flying and bolting/ramp striking all over the place (I foolishly fly always with crash detection ON) I have been through the FAA Sea Hawks, Sea Venom, Scimitar (both Rob's and Virtavia are a real chore to trap), of course the boss - the sublime SkySim Sea Vixen - I cannot recommend more the aging but holding up brilliantly freeware UKMIL Blackburn Buccaneer - it looks like new payware in P3Dv4.5 and is very immersive to fly.

FSX and P3D soldier on!

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    And now flying and bolting/ramp striking all over the place (I foolishly fly always with crash detection ON) I have been through the FAA Sea Hawks, Sea Venom, Scimitar (both Rob's and Virtavia are a real chore to trap), of course the boss - the sublime SkySim Sea Vixen - I cannot recommend more the aging but holding up brilliantly freeware UKMIL Blackburn Buccaneer - it looks like new payware in P3Dv4.5 and is very immersive to fly.

FSX and P3D soldier on!
    One thing to remeber - most carier jets fly with the speed brakes out on approach; this keeps the engine at a higher RPM so that engine response to throttle is quicker and more refined. Also - being fast is a killer as far as bolters go - typical carrier approach speeds for Navy jets I flew was about 1.1 Vs in landing coniguration, although we actually used the AoA indexers - very reliable, but unfortunatley terribly modeled in most flight sim models.

At those low speeds, dumping or pumping the nose is a killer - power controls rate of descent. Dumping the nose on a high ball at approach speed increases rate of descent quickly/drastically, and is hard to recover from in a timely fashion.

Members who have read this thread: 37