DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Thanks for great great great great help, Mike 71!!

Much appreciated!

First time in 15 years of flight simming that I must use fancy functions of cabin pressurization for add on plane!!

Regards,

Aharon
    Glad you got it under control.

The checklists say to set it up before takeoff, but in reality it can be set / changed in flight. Normally it is prudent to do it by the book, but troubleshooting, etc may dictate otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    The checklists say to set it up before takeoff, but in reality it can be set / changed in flight. Normally it is prudent to do it by the book, but troubleshooting, etc may dictate otherwise.
    Understandable. Once again, thanks for your kind help, Mike71

One quick question: Since you are software developer of add on planes and owner of software company whih means I can ask you for opinion, do you think it is illegal and against copyright laws if I ask anyone to send me copy of DM manuals for BAC 1-11 and Trident considering the fact that the DM website is gone and I cannot find such copies on the Internet?

Regards,

Aharon

Understandable. Once again, thanks for your kind help, Mike71

One quick question: Since you are software developer of add on planes and owner of software company whih means I can ask you for opinion, do you think it is illegal and against copyright laws if I ask anyone to send me copy of DM manuals for BAC 1-11 and Trident considering the fact that the DM website is gone and I cannot find such copies on the Internet?

Regards,

Aharon
    I am no software developer and am not sure about passing out freeware. However, HJG DOES have the DMS manual with a few additions at https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/t...-eleven-manual.

If it is hard to read, use CNTR+ to zoom in to the desired level (multiple "+"s can be used).

Everthing he had is there.

am not sure about passing out freeware.
    It is against copyright laws to forward or send freeware addon aircraft model bases to others without permission from the inventor BUT I do not know if it is against copyright to do the same thing for instructions or operating manuals.

However, HJG DOES have the DMS manual with a few additions at https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/t...-eleven-manual.Everthing he had is there.
    Yes HJG has manual on the forums for BAC 1-11 but that is HJG version written by HJG staff members and I think it is missing some important instructions that can be found on David Maltby manuals. For example, the HJG manual does NOT explain how to to set safety value to closed and how to set specific number or degree or percent for cabin pressurization or cabin altitude so that the alarm will not go off. Also HJG manual does not explain at what altitude it should be set for cabin pressurization as well as at what ft per minute should it be set for this rate. Also it does not explain where to find the switches for closing the safety value.

Without you, I would have not figured out how to do the folllowing requirements mentioned above so necessary for operation of BAC 1-11.

Regards,

Aharon

Used to regulate cabin altitude (cabin pressure).
    The 'A' knob on the left selects the required cabin altitude selectable from -2000 to +9000 ft.
    The 'R' knob on the right selects the rate at which cabin altitude is altered (between 150 & 1000 ft/min)
    The knob in the middle adjusts the reference poiner at the top. Set it to 'current pressure' in inches of Mercury.
    While I tested all gauges and their functions, all work well except the "R" knob for specific gauge mentioned above. While I can see the bubble window telling me the mouse indication for negative or positive for "R" knob, it does NOT tell me the number of feet per minute. I can used "A' knob to set to 8,000 ft but the "R" knob does not tell me number of feet per minute.

Regards,

Aharon

--- While I can see the bubble window telling me the mouse indication for negative or positive for "R" knob, it does NOT tell me the number of feet per minute. I can used "A' knob to set to 8,000 ft but the "R" knob does not tell me number of feet per minute.

Regards,

Aharon
    The knob only has a mouse tip for + or -

1 Set desired cabin altitude FIRST

2 ensure safety valve is CLOSED

3. look at the little cabin VSI gauge to the lower right as you click on the "R" rate knob (+ for climbing) to set the rate of cabin climb; the vsi needle should move as you click on the "R" knob
    Last edited by Mike71; September 25th, 2023 at 06:52.

The knob only has a mouse tip for + or -

1 Set desired cabin altitude FIRST

2 ensure safety valve is CLOSED

3. look at the little cabin VSI gauge to the lower right as you click on the "R" rate knob (+ for climbing) to set the rate of cabin climb; the vsi needle should move as you click on the "R" knob
    I wish this extremely useful tip is written in the manuals!!! Many thanks for the answer, Mike 71

That poses a new question I want 2,000 ft per minute climb after take off. Will the cabin altitude setting to 500 ft per minute affect my desired climb rate after take off or is it separate function?

Regards,

Aharon

Last edited by Aharon; September 25th, 2023 at 09:06.

I wish this extremely useful tip is written in the manuals!!! Many thanks for the answer, Mike 71

That poses a new question I want 2,000 ft per minute climb after take off. Will the cabin altitude setting to 500 ft per minute affect my desired climb rate after take off or is it separate function?

Regards,

Aharon

The cabin will start to climb at the set rate until it reaches the psi limit of 7.5psi, independent of the aircraft rate of climb - that is the whole idea of the system.

I suggest anyone who is unfamiliar with details of pressurization read this web post: https://www.cfinotebook.net/notebook...pressurization.

One gross misunderstanding about pressurization in airliners, especially by the typical passenger, is the need for it. The assumption is, "well, this not just enough oxygen up there so we need it." WRONG- there is plenty of oxygen - how the hell do they think jet fuel burns without it?

The problem is oxygen in the lungs needs to be under enough pressure to saturate the blood vessels in the lungs so the blood system has an adequate supply; if not, that is hypoxia. Hypoxic people do not feel like thy are choking or suffocating - they just loose mental and physical capability, and quickly - that is why it is termed insidious.

Military pilots go through high altitude refresher training every few years and usually get to see or are chosen to be the guinea pig by taking off one's oxygen mask and play patty cake with another sitting beside them (under the direct supervision of a supervisor). Watching what happens is quite an education. The supervisor will instantly step in and re-attach the person's mask when he knows when the limit has been reached.

Tactical jet pilots are required to have their mask on AT ALL TIMES from takeoff to landing in case of cabin pressure failure; also a good way to loose your helmet - with your head still in it - in case of ejection!

The movie "TOP GUN" shows too much of this mask off macho crap - that is not the way it is in real life.

Thanks for awesome answer and MORE awesome assistances!!! Much appreciated, Mike71!!

Regards,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 7