DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

It is done. Included are all 1-11 models (200, 400, 475, 500, 510ED) in FSX native format and updated panels better adapted to FSX. Since his basically merges my previous work presented and discussed here and here, I've taken the other downloads offline.

Download link (always links to the latest version):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

Website presentation:
    https://sites.google.com/site/fsxstu...tions/bac-1-11

Thanks for your efforts on this worthy cause, Bjoern. Really looking forward to installing and getting it up and running.

No problem.

Forgot to mention that the selective airstair visibility conditions did not make it in, so be prepared for some visual oddity if you hook the planes up to a jetway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    It is done. Included are all 1-11 models (200, 400, 475, 500, 510ED) in FSX native format and updated panels better adapted to FSX. Since his basically merges my previous work presented and discussed here and here, I've taken the other downloads offline.

Download link (always links to the latest version):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

Website presentation:
    https://sites.google.com/site/fsxstu...tions/bac-1-11
    Thank You so much for your hard work! I know what I am doing tonight when I get off work! Cant wait to put her back in the air!

Thanks for all you aircraft, Bjoern.

Very much appreciated, Bjoern!

-steve

Bjoern thank you for spending the time to do such a classic! Maybe we shall see some more like the VC10?
    Secondly is anyone else having bleed through the model of the inner most flaps on the ETPS texture when looking nose on?

Thanks, guys.

No love for any other of DM's aircraft though (not Dave's fault). The 1-11's main attractiveness is that it's fairly good looking for a british jetliner and that it had a long career with operators around the world from the 60s to 2002 (when stage 3 noise compliance became mandatory). And some are still flying as private jets. Its only disadvantage is the rather low capacity and cruise speed.

I would say that the VC-10 is one of the best-looking airliners ever! But then, as I'm British, I am maybe a bit biased.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I believe this topic deserves to be sticky for a while

Has anyone made any changes to the textures with this one as reference to my post earlier the flaps (when down especially) show through the model.

Blog Entries
    Hey BK!

Just a word to say "THANKS" for these updates. The strobes are a great fix, and I believe I get better FPS now with your native model.

I only got a few minutes to try this amongst the many models I'm catching up on after being away from FS for a good number of months - so I will have to read the documentation - had issues with quick start (CTRL+E).

The Trident followed by the Eleven are my fave of DM's birds, and enjoyed them immensely in FS9 and X, and will really get some mileage out of your brushed up model.

thanks a ton,

dl

Thanks again. guys.

Startup isn't that complicated. Battery to on, then start master to "start", engage starter and finally open the engine's HP cock once you're at 15% N2 or so. I think bleed air is optional.

If you need a hook to memorize the procedure: B-A-P-B-S-F. Battery - APU (start) - (fuel) pumps - bleed (air) - starter - fuel (levers). Works for almost all jet airliners out there.

Hi
    Enjoying the 1-11 once again. I use it in Prepar3d without any problems that I can detect. One question - I have noticed that the center consul appears not to have night lighting - at least in my installation - just wondering if there is any way to make it light up in the same way as the panel and overhead.
    Thanks very much for the great work.
    Warren (aspen31)

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi
    Enjoying the 1-11 once again. I use it in Prepar3d without any problems that I can detect. One question - I have noticed that the center consul appears not to have night lighting - at least in my installation - just wondering if there is any way to make it light up in the same way as the panel and overhead.
    Thanks very much for the great work.
    Warren (aspen31)
    I have the same issue, however i dont ever really look down there so its not a big concern. with the 1-11 back the only two aircraft that are being flown now are the 1-11 and dash 7. Took the 1-11-400 from seattle to oakland yesterday. then down to LA. Was a great flight.

I don't see any reference to a night texture for the pedestal in the original panel and model, so that's a no.

I saw this if it´s any help: http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/bac_1-11_october.htm
    The first picture.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

This is of little help as it does not provide any hint of how the panel lighting was attained in the first place.
    And as far as I remember, the panel lighting in FSX is treated differently than in FS9 and judging from the unsuccessful attempt to get the instrument lighting of the TinMouse panels to work in FSX, you'll very most likely simply have to live without it.

Hi again
    The airplane flies very well and the consul lighting is of very little consequence - in fact most of the individual components of the center consul are illuminated when selected from the icons available at the display lower left.
    Again - great work! - one of the best flying freeware machines for me in Prepar3d - in fact on a par with the one or two payware airplanes I own.
    Thanks!
    Warren (aspen31)

Good news: The panels do accept night versions.
    Bad news: Someone has to create night lighted versions of the panel bitmaps as this is prone to become an extremely disgusting image manipulation task which I just don't want to do.

- Edit:
    Oh god no, this seems to be even more complex than I thought!

Sorry guys, I'm hanging on by a thread here and simply don't want to deal with stupid BS like the idiotic night lighting system ACES implemented into FSX. Especially since other problems with injected parts are popping up. If you can't live without panel lights, throw the converted models away and use the originals.

Back to marginally better working aircraft...

A haircut, shower and "one more try" later.

Proper conversions will be done tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NL.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Righteous ....

Superb !

Members who have read this thread: 8