Captainsims C-130E

Thread: Captainsims C-130E

Captainsims C-130E

Need some help with the C-130, after flying for a short time the Electrical power quit. radio, GPS screen and of course the cursor is useless at this point. Any help with will be appreciated. Thanks

Jim (Taco)

Stupid question, but did you accidentally switch off any of the following, and then drain the battery:

-Generators
    -Inverter(s) (if applicable)
    -applicable electrical bus

or forget to turn them on and switch the main battery off?

I don't have this one so I'm not sure what all is modeled system wise. Good luck!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Jim , I do have the Captains C-130 , I have not installed for a long time , but straight off I never run into a prob like this, I install and see what could possibly cause the hick-up , I consider this as the Captains Flagship .. has to be the 'Herk' out there

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I have the basic bird plus all add-ons. This IS the Captain's flagship, it's fantastic once you get it installed and ensure everything is working.

Re: this problem - I don't have the sim open at this time, but if memory serves when you install the aircraft an option is added to your menu bar across the top of the screen, it's part of the drop-down where you can request external ground power before starting the aircraft's engines. You can use the aircraft's batteries/ATM generator as well. However, if you continue to draw power from the battery without replacing it, you will quickly exhaust it. That's what the generators are for. If you can get an engine started using the ATM, then be certain to switch on its generator there are four control switches in the middle bank of electrical system controls on the overhead electrical panel. You should also check the electrical power selector switch (rotary switch) on the right side of the same panel to ensure you have selected, first, ground power for the aircraft (if using the GPU) and, after starting the engines, select one of the generators that is associated with its engine (1,2,3,4). You'll have to ensure the generators are up and running before you switch over from the ATM generator to an engine generator, and adjust the rotary switch to ensure the power is being drawn from an engine generator. Also, on the bottom bank of controls, be sure as has been stated you have switched to the correct electrical bus for power distribution to the aircraft.

Members who have read this thread: 0