Weird TrackIR / ETO problem

Thread: Weird TrackIR / ETO problem

Weird TrackIR / ETO problem

Guys,

Ever since I installed the new Me 163, I am having trouble with TrackIR not recognizing CFS ETO Expansion anymore.
    I have all my CFS3 installs on the D:\ partition of my HD with Win7 (x64) and my TIR on C:\. This all worked perfectly until I installed the new Me 163 in ETO Expansion. Since then the headtracker won't recognize ETO anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled ETO from v1.0 up to v1.50 again but no joy. The weird thing is that when I install ETO on C:\, TIR does recognize ETO. Copying the ETO install back to it's original location on D:\ results in TIR not recognizing ETO anymore . Somehow TIR doesn't like ETO sitting on D:\. But this only goes for ETO: MAW, Rising Sun, Korea etc. run perfectly with TIR on D:\ ...
    Any ideas what causes this weird thing?

Thanks,

Frosty

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

That's a weird one. Can't think of how installing the Me 163 would be related. Do you have the new trackIR updates? Some new patches have been released this spring. One thing I ran into on other sims is starting trackIR before starting the sim was the only way to get it to recognize those games.

Somewhat related, I was tinkering around in autohotkey and figured out how I can automate trackIR startup and shutdown with sim start and exit and change profiles based on what aircraft you're flying all without ever seeing the trackIR interface or even pressing any buttons. All I have now is proof of concept, actually building a working program is a bigger project for later.

Hi,

Try running TrackIR in administration mode.

Hopefully that'll fix it

Regards,

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Quote Originally Posted by grover1 View Post
    Hi,

Try running TrackIR in administration mode.

Hopefully that'll fix it

Regards,

Chris
    Started installing from scratch and tried Admin mode: Got it running in v1.2! Now progressing to v1.5 with the Me 163 and see if it sticks. Thanks Chris!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Members who have read this thread: 0