PDA

View Full Version : Ghost in the machine

gosd
March 31st, 2016, 22:14
For some reason in ETO I have this mission that is in the mission historical mission list that when I open it and try to run it ;the game freezes.
When I look in the historical mission folder the game is not listed.
When I open the Mission Builder program the mission is not there either.
So how do I get rid of this pesky mission? :banghead:
Tried everything even removed the ETO Folder in the AppData>Roaming>Microsoft Folder.:banghead: :banghead:

FireStorm II
April 1st, 2016, 08:06
Daniel, please tell us which Era and the mission title
(which may not be the same as the filename).
Not sure if removing ETO folder from AppData is a good idea....

gosd
April 2nd, 2016, 07:59
The mission is in ERA1 called :1944-06-03 couverture sur St Dizier GCI-5.
The title is: 3 juin 1940 Couverture sur alerte GCI/5.
The missions were posted by André "dewoitine" Sottizon under the title CFS3_ETO_BOF.
I cannot send the faulty mission since it is not to be found in my mission folder it only appears in the mission list in historical missions when the game is running.
Where does the game read the list? I want to remove the faulty mission. I have added a corrected one that works well and appears normaly in the mission folder and in MB but the faulty one is still appearing in the mission list when the game is running.

HouseHobbit
April 2nd, 2016, 08:17
The name on the file doesn't have to represent the Title name or mission name, May have a completely different name on the file itself..
That does tend to be a problem when looking for a particular missions among Hundreds.

gosd
April 2nd, 2016, 09:14
When I run a search en the ETO folder for 1940-06-03 the only mission I get is the new one not the faulty one.
So I deduced that the faulty mission is not in the game but it still appears in the mission list under historical.

gosd
April 5th, 2016, 13:36
Figured out :biggrin-new:;
Turns-out there are two missions that have a different name but carry the same mission title one of them needed to be corrected.