PDA

View Full Version : It Got Dark!!

Willy
March 30th, 2016, 07:09
Having a landing light issue. At first I was thinking it was just something I'd done messing with a panel that only effected the C-46. But now I'm seeing that it's effecting other aircraft. My landing lights will "glow" but not light up anything.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'd really rather have them working for night flights.

scotth6
March 30th, 2016, 07:17
There is an option in the FSX settings to have the "Landing Lights illuminate ground". It's under the"Aircraft" tab.

It could be this, I'm not sure.

There's also this thread on the quality of the light splash in FSX if the above isn't the problem.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/landing-light-ground-splash.211444/

Cheers,

Willy
March 30th, 2016, 08:11
Thanks, but a quick looks shows that box to be checked. In FS9, I'd look at the halo.bmp, not sure about FSX though.

stansdds
March 30th, 2016, 23:10
If it is affecting all aircraft, you might want to check the spotlight.bmp file.

Willy
March 31st, 2016, 03:36
Just checked and I've got the spotlight file but the light itself just has a glow with no beam.

Roger
March 31st, 2016, 04:09
Willy, did you possibly overwrite the original in with effects from an Fs9 port-over? If so you will need the original FsX bmps which I'm sure we can sort you out with.

Willy
March 31st, 2016, 04:39
Roger, I don't think I did, but I have run a couple of auto installers that wouldn't let me install into a empty folder. One of those might have.

Just checked it's properties and with a creation date in 2007, it's definitely not the default one. And it shows having been on my system since early Feb of this year.

DaveB
March 31st, 2016, 04:39
Willy, did you possibly overwrite the original in with effects from an Fs9 port-over? If so you will need the original FsX bmps which I'm sure we can sort you out with.

Indeed mate. Anything default you need, give me a shout. I have an untouched backup of FSXA sitting on a HD for just such an emergency:encouragement:
ATB
DaveB:)

Willy
March 31st, 2016, 04:47
I downloaded a modified replacement spotlight.bmp file from FlightSim and it's working but very dimly.

DaveB
March 31st, 2016, 04:49
Willy..

If it's in the Effects folder.. here's a copy of the default folder.. EFFECTS (http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/EffectsBU.zip)

ATB

Willy
March 31st, 2016, 04:52
Thanks!!!!!!

DaveB
March 31st, 2016, 04:58
Willy..

Just realised spotlight.bmp lives in the main texture folder. I've sent you a copy of the original via PM:encouragement:

ATB

Willy
March 31st, 2016, 06:55
Thanks Dave! It's all fixed up now. I was beginning to think that FSX used Lucas landing lights.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36579&stc=1

Willy

DaveB
March 31st, 2016, 13:39
hahahahahahahaha.. good old Lucas:biggrin-new:

Glad that got you sorted:encouragement:
ATB

Alky
March 31st, 2016, 19:57
Just to add to this, I understand you have it fixed, there is an option to "aim" your landing lights with a combination of one of the keys and the number pad, might be CTRL or SHFT, I don't remember, but aiming them could throw out your brightness or make it brighter in front of the plane. :)