PDA

View Full Version : Copy FSX logbook to FSX-SE

BigT-65
March 16th, 2016, 19:05
I would consider removing the boxed FSX from my computer if I could transfer my logbook and awards to my FSX-SE. I am having trouble getting my ORBX scenery to show when I run FSX-SE. From what I can gather from this and the Steam forums is that it is best not to have the boxed edition of FSX and FSX-SE installed on the same computer. But I don't want to lose all my flight hours, over 1,000.

BendyFlyer
March 16th, 2016, 19:40
BigT-65. You can save your logbook by going to the Documents Library in Windows, then My Documents and there you should find a folder titled Flight Simulator X Files. There you will find a copy of the logbook bin file and your saved flights (if any). copy these and put them in a safe place. Then when you reinstall FSX copy the files back to the same place and your original logbook will continue untouched.

I had problems with ORBX recently, for reasons I have yet to work out which resulted in corrupted files and hence texture displays being incorrect (trees in the ocean etc.). This meant a complete reinstall of FSX and ORBX and since then no issues. The old logbook and rewards went back just fine.

On a lighter note it gave me the opportunity to have a big clean out of everything FSX and start from scratch. Funnily enough I also because of not paying attention when I began the install FSX was put where MS wanted it to go in the Program Files directory and the system performance has improved significantly (Contrary to perceived wisdom throughout the sim community). For example, I now get FSX to load in less than two minutes, the aircraft menu in a flash and the sim runs just fine with ORBX and REX in fact it runs great now, so go figure. But thats the way it is staying.

BigT-65
March 16th, 2016, 19:47
I suppose I could copy the log file as you suggested and go ahead and paste it into FSX-SE before I uninstall FSX as a test. Right?
I have a program called LogbookEdit but it isn't working in Windows 10. With the logbook editor you can import and export logbooks. Does anyone know if that program has been updated for Windows 10?

erican2
March 17th, 2016, 01:44
Also copy the two files named GrantedRewards.BIN, GrantedRewardsOld.Bin Located in Computername/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/Fsx as well otherwise you will lose your rewards. also copying the logbook.bin file as mentioned above in Documents/flight simulator X Files means you can copy your rewards and logbook to another pc if you wish or just to back up rewards and logbook.
Dave.

BigT-65
March 22nd, 2016, 12:31
Thanks, guys. I copied and pasted the files you suggested and all is well. Now all I need to do is convince myself to get the boxed FSX off my computer. Moving those logbooks and awards will make that happen sooner.:untroubled: