PDA

View Full Version : HMS Bounty Ship.

George Kuhn
March 12th, 2016, 12:09
This is probably an old subject.

I downloaded and installed the HMS Bounty ship from the flightsim.com website for my FSX yesterday for the first. I did see there were three downloads for the ship. Two of them were updates for the ship. I installed the ship and the updates for it. It seems to all be there?. This is a jaw dropping ship for sure.

I'm curious though about it not moving, no matter where I put the ship in my FSX. I'm not a real weather user of things like ASN,REX etc. it appears the ship doesn't have it's own engine power so I can take a cruise with it?. It appears if I don't have any winds of any kind, the ship won't move, even with the anchor up?.
Since I don't use weather. Is the any way an update for it, could be created/provided for the HMS Bounty, so I can enjoy the ship with real engine power and use it, like with other powered ships?. Until then. I can't go anywhere with the Bounty.

In the meantime. Is there and AI available with plans for the HMS Bounty for my FSX with acceleration?. I do have most of the ORBX products addons and the RTMM addons in my FSX.

Thanks for any inputs

George

falcon409
March 12th, 2016, 13:19
George,

Not speaking for Milton or the others who spent many, many hours designing and building the beautiful ship the HMS Bounty, however I don't believe there is a plan afoot to motorize her. The Bounty was a ship designed to be propelled by the wind. . .not a trolling motor or 150hp Merc. There are ways to set wind conditions within FSX using the weather tab and custom settings, an outside weather engine isn't required. Take the time to check out the weather options and then go sailing.

Sascha66
March 12th, 2016, 13:24
George,

the Bounty is probably the only FS sailing ship that behaves like a real sailing ship. Pressing Shift + 1 pulls up a menu where you can set sails manually or just use an auto function. You can set wind very easily in the sim using the internal weather editor.

Cheers,
Sascha

Milton Shupe
March 12th, 2016, 14:38
George,

If you haven't done so, please read the "HMS Bounty Replica" document in the documentation folder of the aircraft.

See this section that explains how to set your weather and winds in FSX or FS9:

Setting Weather
Once you load the ship, in FS you will need to set wind speed and wind direction (World/Weather/User Defined/Customized Weather) in the general direction to get you started, then weigh anchor, set sails and then follow your course. A wind speed of 16 to 24 knots is ideal for achieving good sailing speeds and wind effects. Unlike aircraft where a headwind is optimal for takeoff, you want winds from the rear to move the ship. So after pulling up the SMW (shift+1), look at the compass and select a wind direction from the lower half of the compass degrees, or in the Broad Reach or Running areas of the compass. Then go to Customize Weather and set that direction. See also the chart on Page 6 (attached).

I hope you enjoy her.

Penzoil3
March 12th, 2016, 23:22
I use the Bethia. I noticed that when I sail the Bounty, after a while there is a mutiny. After the mutiny I can't get the Bounty to move. (I guess I'm actually in a rowboat by then...) Then first time it happened, I almost fell off my chair laughing. I really didn't expect it. A great touch, guys.
LOL
Sue

nigel richards
March 12th, 2016, 23:40
I use the Bethia. I noticed that when I sail the Bounty, after a while there is a mutiny. After the mutiny I can't get the Bounty to move. (I guess I'm actually in a rowboat by then...) Then first time it happened, I almost fell off my chair laughing. I really didn't expect it. A great touch, guys.
LOL
Sue

Hello Sue, agree the Bethia's a beautiful gal. :wavey:

The Bounty Project is one of the most AWESOME of Milton's project's I've had the honour of working on.

A year later, HERE'S TO YA, SKIPPER! :pirate: :love_heart::wavey:

Milton Shupe
March 13th, 2016, 04:47
LOL
Sue

Thank you Sue. Actually the only mutiny that you may experience is if you are running P3D v2.3-2.5. All other versions seem to operate without the mutinous crew aboard. :-) There may be issues if you run FSTramp or TacPac as has been documented in this forum. If you have these products and P3D versions, you may have to disable them while using the Bounty.

Penzoil3
March 13th, 2016, 15:51
It was P3D 2.5. An officer announced;"Captain, there is a mutiny onboard", or something on that order. I'll see if I can reproduce it.
Sue