PDA

View Full Version : PZL P.11c skin detail

Captain Kurt
March 9th, 2016, 18:20
This is what I mean about a complex skin.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35865&stc=1

kelticheart
March 10th, 2016, 00:39
This is what I mean about a complex skin.

Geeezzz......you gave a pretty good idea!

Congratulations for tackling such a difficult repaint. :encouragement: :applause: :applause:

This model will be great in the Fall Weiss campaign, J.R.Lucarini's models are a good compromise between detail and fps performance even if they are not multi-LOD, being civilian-sim native. How is this one doing?

KH :adoration:

Rami
March 10th, 2016, 01:38
Kelti,

I know they've got enough on their plates, but if there were ever multi-lod models that could use their carpentry tools, I would LOVE to see the Polish aircraft from the Fall Weiss campaign get an overhaul by either Shessi or Allen. Talk about a Christmas wish!

Great work there, Kurt! :encouragement:

kelticheart
March 10th, 2016, 02:14
Kelti,

I know they've got enough on their plates, but if there were ever multi-lod models that could use their carpentry tools, I would LOVE to see the Polish aircraft from the Fall Weiss campaign get an overhaul by either Shessi or Allen. Talk about a Christmas wish!

Great work there, Kurt!

Hi Rami!

I think you should adjust your aim....and get more greedy! :biggrin-new:

The PZL aircraft family from the original Fall Weiss pack was designed for CFS1 and ported over to CFS2, with all of its obvious limitations. Overhauling it would be a waste of time and skills, I think.

On the other hand, THIS ONE would be truly great, once rendered multi-LOD. If we consider the just now added value of Captain Kurt's magnificent repaints, our above-mentioned gurus' skills would definitely be well invested! :encouragement:

My two cents.....:wiggle:

KH :adoration:

Rami
March 10th, 2016, 03:00
Kelti,

That's true. But I wasn't just talking about the P-11c. You'd also need the P-11a, the P-7a, the PZL P-37b, (similar to the Malinowski version at SimV) the PZL P-23 'Karas', and the RWD / 14B observation plane.

gaucho_59
March 10th, 2016, 22:29
You really did an excellent job on this repaint... I thought I'd contribute a proper panel bmp
for it... The one with the model is a bit crude... for such an outstanding redo!

Comments and or suggestions welcome... available as usual... with and without joystick

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1671/25665947896_64d63585e8_o.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1645/25573488722_27df74fe8e_o.jpg

:ernaehrung004:
G

kelticheart
March 10th, 2016, 23:50
Kelti,

That's true. But I wasn't just talking about the P-11c. You'd also need the P-11a, the P-7a, the PZL P-37b, (similar to the Malinowski version at SimV) the PZL P-23 'Karas', and the RWD / 14B observation plane.

Yeah, you're right!

Come to think of it, now this P-11C will stick like a sore thumb among the other Polish airplanes of the Fall Weiss pack........ Just like Malinowksi's PZL P-37b bomber, which I like a lot. I replaced with it the original model in the pack as soon as I downloaded it.

The ones you listed above are really ugly, by today's standards!

KH :ernaehrung004:

Captain Kurt
March 11th, 2016, 10:54
Wow Gaucho, How do you whip up such realistic panels so quickly? This would be a great addition. May I go ahead and create a panel.cfg and to use it to upgrade the submissions?

gaucho_59
March 11th, 2016, 12:14
Wow Gaucho, How do you whip up such realistic panels so quickly? This would be a great addition. May I go ahead and create a panel.cfg and to use it to upgrade the submissions?

Doing the textures is not problem... btw... I can change whatever gauges you put in to fit without screws and bezels that "don't look like the belong there"
I can make another "hand on the stick" texture if you know how to whip up the gauged... that would be really nifty...
Just let me know... This texture is twice the size of the normal... I can make it smaller...

Your repaints really make this old model come alive! Compliments again!

Ciao for now,
G.

bearcat241
March 11th, 2016, 15:41
May I go ahead and create a panel.cfg and to use it to upgrade the submissions?

Please!!! An absolute must-have for this package! The defo panel is not par for your skin-work Kurt. I'm a cockpit guy from the immersion POV and what i see from the "seat" is just as important as a beautiful skin job.

CheerZ!

Dick
March 18th, 2016, 03:45
Great work Captain. A really intricate job that will make the Fall Weiss campaign more pleasurable.
I also think that Gaucho's panel is one of the best that I have ever seen...
Well done.
Dick:applause: