PDA

View Full Version : Amazon order just arrived..

Willy
March 7th, 2016, 14:23
You can get most anything on Amazon... In this case new wheels and some bush tires for me 'Poon (currently being overhauled)

Tom Clayton
March 8th, 2016, 15:45
Those ain't bush - those are MUDDERS!

Sascha66
March 9th, 2016, 05:50
Great paintjob! Which one IS that?

Willy
March 9th, 2016, 07:33
It's Milton's civilian cargo Harpoon from the Harpoon pack.

I did the original paint a year or so ago with an eye for a "Merc Air" one and while it looked okay, I really wasn't satisfied as I knew I could do better, so I've sat on it until I could get motivated to redo it. Since my recent "discovery" of how to paint with layers, I figured it was time to put it back in the paint hanger. The tail and engine nacelles & cowlings are pretty much done now. The wings won't be but a few minutes work to redo. The front and rear fuselage sections might take a bit if they decide to not play nice. I've got the basic paint scheme laid out on it, just have to adjust the lines to match up and then fill in the rest.

Nigel did a great paint kit for the Harpoon.

Sascha66
March 9th, 2016, 09:41
It's Milton's civilian cargo Harpoon from the Harpoon pack.

I did the original paint a year or so ago with an eye for a "Merc Air" one and while it looked okay, I really wasn't satisfied as I knew I could do better, so I've sat on it until I could get motivated to redo it. Since my recent "discovery" of how to paint with layers, I figured it was time to put it back in the paint hanger. The tail and engine nacelles & cowlings are pretty much done now. The wings won't be but a few minutes work to redo. The front and rear fuselage sections might take a bit if they decide to not play nice. I've got the basic paint scheme laid out on it, just have to adjust the lines to match up and then fill in the rest.

Nigel did a great paint kit for the Harpoon.

Well I certainly hope you'll be satisfied with it someday. It already looks superb to me - wonderful attention to detail coupled with the flair of the old-style paint? It really rocks my boat!

Moses03
March 9th, 2016, 11:29
Knowing Willy, he means business with those off-road tires...

Willy
March 9th, 2016, 11:43
Knowing Willy, he means business with those off-road tires...

ROFL!

Here's the latest in progress shots of the 'Poon

Can't see him too well, but I've been told the guy sitting in the left seat is one handsome devil of a lady killer....... (well... maybe not)

rdaniell
March 9th, 2016, 12:48
ROFL!

Here's the latest in progress shots of the 'Poon

Can't see him too well, but I've been told the guy sitting in the left seat is one handsome devil of a lady killer....... (well... maybe not)

Willy, are you just being modest? That looks like a Navy Chief's hat on the fellow.

RD

Willy
March 9th, 2016, 15:48
Well, when the Harpoon was released, the pilot had a Army Air Force hat. Somehow that just didn't seem right for a Navy plane. They still had enlisted pilots back then, so I changed the hat to a Chief's and the squadron patch to a Navy one. After that, things started escalating in the textures......