PDA

View Full Version : Flysimware MU-2 Repaints

RyanJZ
February 25th, 2016, 09:22
Does anyone know of any repaints for this wonderful plane?

StormILM
February 25th, 2016, 10:19
There are a couple I am aware of, I think if you search Avsim you'll turn them up. Not sure if there are any more. I enjoy the model as well, quite well done.

RyanJZ
February 28th, 2016, 11:32
On the subject of repaints, what software would I need if I wanted to do my own repaints?

falcon409
February 28th, 2016, 11:43
On the subject of repaints, what software would I need if I wanted to do my own repaints?
That's something you will get many answers to based on likes and dislikes. Gimp is a freeware program that works well, then there is PaintShop Pro and Photoshop (both payware) and there is one other that I used a long time ago that also allows for working with "layers", which is a must if you intend to do any kind of repainting, however the name of that program eludes me right now. If I happen to remember it I'll post it later.

RyanJZ
February 29th, 2016, 16:55
That's something you will get many answers to based on likes and dislikes. Gimp is a freeware program that works well, then there is PaintShop Pro and Photoshop (both payware) and there is one other that I used a long time ago that also allows for working with "layers", which is a must if you intend to do any kind of repainting, however the name of that program eludes me right now. If I happen to remember it I'll post it later.
Falcon, I just downloaded Gimp. Could you give me a quick tutorial on how to use it?