PDA

View Full Version : Our members have a heart of gold ...thank you

hey_moe
February 2nd, 2009, 17:13
You know I have been watching Ickie's Appreciation Gift, I am total floor and blown away at how many have jumped in and donated money in these tough times.I don't really care how much anyone gives but in a week we are almost at the two grand point. I don't have any words to say to you guys in what you have done already. I have a new outlook on our members. It is something to see our family pull together like this and give support to another member. Moe bows down to each and everyone of you guys.... and girls too. :amen::woot:

OBIO
February 2nd, 2009, 19:52
There's more to come as soon as I have the extra funds at hand. Ickie deserves this new system....and so much more....for keeping this site up and running for all of us.

While some may be surprised by this out pouring of support, I am not. I have seen so many examples of kindness, solidarity, generosity, and support on this site...more than I have seen on any other forum (regardless of the nature of that forum). I personally have been blessed by a number of members of this site....two complete computer systems given to me, a few hard drives sent to me for free (postage paid), I have been blessed with gifts of payware and donation-ware aircraft (all done on the up and up and through proper channels), boundless prayers said for my wife as she faced a breast cancer scare and a brain surgery, and a number of members have offered to send money to help ease the financial strain that my wife and I are in (getting better) and to help cover the cost of replacement PC parts. I have seen many instances of members reaching out to help other members when video cards or mother boards cooked off and systems died.

The sense of community, of brotherhood, of unity on this site is why I hang out here....well, that and the fact that I have no life, but that is beside the point. Sure, there are disagreements, which is bound to happen when ever you have thousands of points of view coming together to form a community...but that's okay. If we all thought the same thing, believed the same thing...how boring would this place be?

OBIO