PDA

View Full Version : FSX pop up window

Quicksand
February 6th, 2016, 16:53
Guys, I haven't posted in a while. Real life has been hard lately. I cranked my computer up tonight and thought I might fly for a few. Last time it worked.... Thanks Windows 10. FSX won't start now. A window tells me that my graphics card is not compatible. It says I need a g force 3/Radeon 8500 or better to run. Funny as hell to me because until I updated to 10 I never had a problem. Thanks MS... Has anyone else run into this, and how do I fix it? I can't even get online on my laptop now. I'm getting ready to pull my files off if it and throw it in the backyard. Uuuugggghhhh!

Navy Chief
February 6th, 2016, 17:26
Guys, I haven't posted in a while. Real life has been hard lately. I cranked my computer up tonight and thought I might fly for a few. Last time it worked.... Thanks Windows 10. FSX won't start now. A window tells me that my graphics card is not compatible. It says I need a g force 3/Radeon 8500 or better to run. Funny as hell to me because until I updated to 10 I never had a problem. Thanks MS... Has anyone else run into this, and how do I fix it? I can't even get online on my laptop now. I'm getting ready to pull my files off if it and throw it in the backyard. Uuuugggghhhh!

Welcome back, Quicksand. I hope whatever problems you had are behind you now.

As for Windows 10 causing you difficulties, I am not surprised. Initially I was impressed with Win 10, but shortly thereafter I began experiencing glitches as well, and finally reached the point where I totally removed it.

If you reach that stage, do a search for the freeware removal download. It works perfectly. No more Win 10. I think, however, it only works if you originally had Win 7 or 8. But if so, it will restore your system. NC

Quicksand
February 7th, 2016, 09:14
Thanks for your reply NC. If I had known the heart ache win 10 was going to cause, I never would have upgraded. I spent almost 3 hours on the phone last night with a MS rep before I got it sorted out, and had to eat some crow afterward. I've been running Bitdefender antivirus the last few years, and upgraded to what was supposed to be a win 10 compatable version. Unfortunately it is not. It was blocking some elements of windows which really screwed things up. I disabled Bitdefender and everything worked fine. I removed it and installed MS Trend. Now everything works again, and at a much faster speed than before. I can't blame win 10 for that problem. I can however blame myself for changing everything and not having time to sort out the problems. Now maybe I can actually spend some time in the cockpit. I haven't been able to do that for two months. You guys better have the crash crew ready. I'm going to be a little rusty I'm sure. :encouragement:

dhazelgrove
February 7th, 2016, 11:06
Kaspersky is good with Win10.

Dave

Dev One
February 7th, 2016, 22:46
AVG paid version also OK on my W10 laptop.
Keith

Navy Chief
February 8th, 2016, 04:47
I am running AVAST. And, I guess, Bitdefender? Maybe in future, I will try Win 10 again, but not ready right now! NC

zswobbie1
February 8th, 2016, 05:08
Avast working well for me on W10.