PDA

View Full Version : Converting Aircraft from other MS flight sims to CFS2

Steven KLein
February 4th, 2016, 13:46
What's the best converter out there for going from other MS flight sims to CFS2?

Allen
February 4th, 2016, 15:08
The only converter is MDLC but you must have XP Vista or older as MDLC need a OS that supports 16 bit. If on Win7 + have a emulator/vertical box and have the emulator/vertical box run MDLC.

The lack of 16bit support on Win7 + is why many of us builder haven't upgrated to past XP/Vista or keep an XP/Vista around for just building aircraft/objects.

MDLC will convert FS2002 and FS2004 back to CFS2. Most aircraft from FS98 and CFS1 work just fine. Going from FSX to CFS2 I don't know of any straight converter. It may be best to go up and ask the FS2002/FS2004 fourm how to convert FSX to FS2002/FS2004. Once you know how that can be done use MDLC to take the now FS2004 model to CFS2.

No Dice
February 4th, 2016, 15:57
Steven,

Allen has pretty much covered it, But he is so smart he tends to talk above my level,

Take a look at the two tutorials here, about the middle of the page:

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/Tutorials.htm

Dave

Allen
February 4th, 2016, 16:17
If you have XP or Vista using mk_mdlc_v2 is the best way. mk_mdlc is a windows interface that dose all of the command line for MDLC.exe for you.

Otherwise you will have to use MDLC.exe with a emulator/vertical box and do all the converting by command line. I never had messed with a emulator or vertical box but know others have use emulator/vertical box for 16bit programs like MDLC.exe

Allen
February 5th, 2016, 08:39
I started looking into DosBox with MDLC.exe and so far things look good. You have to use command line what sucks but things are not as bad as I feared they could be. I still have to check all of the animations after using /t and figure out out the collision bubble command /z.