PDA

View Full Version : Vegetation Question

falcon409
February 1st, 2016, 08:57
This is for anyone who has any insight into how people who actually know what they're doing, get grass and shrubs to display without the white "halo" effect in the example below.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/grass-2016-feb-1-001.jpg

I have played with the "Material Settings" in MCX and it seems that setting "Assume vertical normal" to "True" is the culprit, however if I set it to False the image gets much darker and doesn't look natural when placed in the sim. The general appearance and color is just what I'm after, but I'd like to be able to maintain that and still remove the white outline.

I know someone is thinking, "well dumb butt just lighten the original". I tried that but the shafts on these stalks are fairly thin and any lightening in that way causes them to disappear by the time they go through the 3D build and then finally compiled. Also, these are flat/double sided planes arranged to give the appearance of 3 dimensional grass. In the sim it looks pretty convincing.

Anyway, any help will be appreciated.

gman5250
February 1st, 2016, 09:22
This is for anyone who has any insight into how people who actually know what they're doing, get grass and shrubs to display without the white "halo" effect in the example below.

I have played with the "Material Settings" in MCX and it seems that setting "Assume vertical normal" to "True" is the culprit, however if I set it to False the image gets much darker and doesn't look natural when placed in the sim. The general appearance and color is just what I'm after, but I'd like to be able to maintain that and still remove the white outline.

I know someone is thinking, "well dumb butt just lighten the original". I tried that but the shafts on these stalks are fairly thin and any lightening in that way causes them to disappear by the time they go through the 3D build and then finally compiled. Also, these are flat/double sided planes arranged to give the appearance of 3 dimensional grass. In the sim it looks pretty convincing.

Anyway, any help will be appreciated.

PM me Ed.....