PDA

View Full Version : It's That Time...

Tom Clayton
January 11th, 2016, 17:42
OK people - it's that time again! You may have noticed a strange blue/red line at the top of every page. That's not there for decoration! Everyone here enjoys all the free downloads and free membership, but guess what? This site, despite what you might think, does NOT come cheap to its owners. How many other FS sites can you name that have anywhere near as much to offer without putting ads in your face on every page? I don't know about you, but I can't think of a single one! This annual donation drive is what keeps the lights on year after year. If you can't do $10 and you live in the States, you can snail-mail a paper check to Ickie - see this thread:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?91752

So... What do I get in return???

You mean besides the warm fuzzies you get from helping out the community you love so much? Well, you get higher download speeds and a higher daily limit from the SOH library, which just so happens to be where the vast majority of our costs come from. The bandwidth needed to load a forum page - even in the Screenshots thread, is a drop in the bucket compared to a fully tricked-out model package with a dozen paints.

You love getting, we love giving. We especially love being able to give without putting banners all over the page like bumper stickers on a California Microbus! We are the best on the web - please, help keep it that way!

AussieMan
January 11th, 2016, 19:20
Going to copy the second part to my post in the Cantina. Thanks Tom.

Rami
January 13th, 2016, 13:28
Tom,

And not to continue beating around the bush, but by donating toward the fundraising goal you allow SOH to continue its existence. If we don't get the yearly bandwith drive met, the decisions that would have to be made could extend as far as pulling the plug.

We try to avoid having ads and other roadblocks to downloading like other sites do, but the only way that works is to meet our financial needs.

Remember, many hands make light work.

Blackbird686
January 13th, 2016, 13:55
Did my bit, a tidy sum too.... :eagerness: Always glad to help that way.

BB686:US-flag:

Motormouse
January 19th, 2016, 04:33
Afraid waiting for pay day at month end here 😞

Ttfn

Pete

Tom Clayton
January 19th, 2016, 17:20
No problem Pete - whenever you're able. The deadline is mid-Feb, so the first of the month will be plenty of time. :encouragement: