PDA

View Full Version : Colin's Bday Blowout! 50% off!

Katoun
January 3rd, 2016, 20:40
Hi,

We are glad to announce that there is a 50% off sale for ONE day only starting at midnight (EST) today and ending in 24 hours.

The only products not on sale are the F-4S/J and the T-38A ADV.

www.milviz.com

Thank you.

Kat.

Anneke
January 3rd, 2016, 22:35
Well let me be the first (here) to congratulate Colin!
Two questions. why is the advanced Talon unavailable (to purchase in general, I know it's not part of the birthday blowout sale)
and second is there a upgrade policy for owners of the standard version of the Talon to the advanced version.

Daube
January 4th, 2016, 00:40
Well let me be the first (here) to congratulate Colin!
Two questions. why is the advanced Talon unavailable (to purchase in general, I know it's not part of the birthday blowout sale)
and second is there a upgrade policy for owners of the standard version of the Talon to the advanced version.

It's mentioned on Milviz homepage: the products that are not included in this sale are not available during the sale period. Means they'll be back tomorrow.

Anneke
January 4th, 2016, 03:12
Hi Daube, Yes I understand now. I guess they want to cut off the route of buying a cheap Talon and upgrade it to the advanced? Or is that me thinking in plots :dizzy:

Katoun
January 4th, 2016, 03:41
Hi,

All original customers of the T-38A were (or should have been) offered the T-38A ADV at a discount. That discount was only supposed to last two weeks. As far as we know, that was done by all vendors who have the product.

You cannot buy the old T-38A and expect an upgrade to the new one at a discount. That will not happen and it is not a conspiracy.

The reason for removing the T-38A ADV and the F-4S/J is because those are new products and we are not yet ready to have them on sale.

Thank you.

Kat.

Daube
January 4th, 2016, 04:13
Even though P3Dv3 isn't officially supported by Milviz, can anybody tell me if the Milviz 737 works correctly in P3Dv3.1 ?

Anneke
January 4th, 2016, 04:27
Thanks Kat. Than I'll just have to wait because 60 bucks it a bit too expensive for me right now...:pop4:

gman5250
January 4th, 2016, 04:45
Even though P3Dv3 isn't officially supported by Milviz, can anybody tell me if the Milviz 737 works correctly in P3Dv3.1 ?

The MV 737 works very well for me in V3.1. I get some rare flight plan load warnings, but I am in the habit of programing the FMC from "cold and dark" rather than loading an existing FP. I haven't found any systems errors or display issues.

The variable cockpit lighting is one feature I really appreciate and displays nicely even with Dynamic Reflections option enabled.

This is my go to "tube" for shorter hops and one of my overall favorites.

Navy Chief
January 4th, 2016, 05:20
Happy B'day Colin:encouragement:

I will have to wait in the Phantom to go on sale as well (however long that takes). Just can't afford it! NC

YoYo
January 4th, 2016, 05:28
Happy B'day from my side too!

(and many good addons in 2016 also :D!)

Daube
January 4th, 2016, 05:58
Thanks a lot for the feedback, Gman ! :ernaehrung004:

EDIT: Ah, it seems that payments on Milviz are only made via Paypal.
I don't have a Paypal account and I don't want to create one. Too bad, no sale for me :/

gman5250
January 4th, 2016, 06:17
RE: Paypal

I was intending to purchase the Beech Baron, but I absolutely refuse to do business through Pay Pal, following an incident where they frauded my account a number of months ago, refuse to correct the issue and ignore my repeated demands for service.

If this is the only payment system Milviz utilizes, I completely understand, however it would be convenient for those of us who do not use Pay Pal to have an alternative option. Just a thought.

Thanks anyway for the half price offer...that really is a screamin' deal.

Happy Bday and many more.

Duckie
January 4th, 2016, 06:56
EDIT: Ah, it seems that payments on Milviz are only made via Paypal.
I don't have a Paypal account and I don't want to create one. Too bad, no sale for me :/

RE: Paypal...If this is the only payment system Milviz utilizes, I completely understand, however it would be convenient for those of us who do not use Pay Pal to have an alternative option. Just a thought.

Thanks anyway for the half price offer...that really is a screamin' deal.

Happy Bday and many more.

Guys, although the initial check out link takes you to Pay Pal you don't have to use PP. You can use a credit card independent of a PP account. I've done it several times and will do it again today.

:encouragement:

Meshman
January 4th, 2016, 07:09
I utilize Paypal on my site abd you are given the option of paying with a credit card. At the end, after the transaction, Paypal will ask if you want to setup an account and you can click No and get sent back to the originating site.

gman5250
January 4th, 2016, 07:11
Guys, although the initial check out link takes you to Pay Pal you don't have to use PP. You can use a credit card independent of a PP account. I've done it several times and will do it again today.

Thanks for the pointer, but PP blocks the CC transaction as well, even if I don't use the actual PP account option. I'm sure it will work if there is not a active dispute with PP.

glh
January 4th, 2016, 08:18
Happy Birthday, Colin:

I took advantage of his birthday sale and bought the P-38L. Although I have FSX Accel, the software runs on a Windows XP Pro system. I realize that the mimimum specification for the P-38L is Windows Vista but I am wondering if it will (at least) run on XP.

The reason I ask is I am considering another purchase(s) if they will at least RUN. Anybody have any experience here with
Milviz on FSX Accel with Windows XP ??

Thank You and Happy New Year.

Wim
January 4th, 2016, 08:43
Happy Birthday, Colin and thanks for the discount, got the Stuka at last.:applause::wiggle:

Wim

Daube
January 4th, 2016, 10:22

Unfortunately, this depends on which country you do your payment.
Here in France, Paypal won't allow me to pay anything without creating an account. It WAS possible in the past, like three years ago or less, but now it's no more possible. I can either login, or create an account.
I believe some other countries have implemented this restriction too. :(

davido53
January 4th, 2016, 12:42
Picked up the F-15

tks!

gray eagle
January 4th, 2016, 13:28
Happy Birthday Colin
Got the Baron 55 and the Cessna 310R. Thanks for the discounts. :encouragement:

gray eagle
January 4th, 2016, 13:53
I just installed the Baron B55. I noticed that there is another folder Beech E55. Is that the intended result?

Two different Models but, look like they have same textures names.
Why the B55 and E55 have same texture names?

expat
January 4th, 2016, 13:55
E55 has a few more horses. I found their Baron almost unflyable due to the severe down pitch necessary for level flight. No one else seem to have this issue.

txnetcop
January 4th, 2016, 13:56
Happy Birthday Colin...hope it is the best yet. Couldn't do anything this time...overspent at Christmas!
Ted

expat
January 4th, 2016, 13:58
. . actually, one other guy had exactly the same issue and left a comment at one of the payware sites, but Milviz could not replicate the problem it seems. I had exactly the same problem buying the Carenado PC-12. Solution was to stop using one of the Saitek X-52 rotation wheels and to adjust pitch trim on the stick using one of the hats. Been meaning to dust off the B55/E55 to see if that flies right now . .

gray eagle
January 4th, 2016, 14:14
E55 has a few more horses. I found their Baron almost unflyable due to the severe down pitch necessary for level flight. No one else seem to have this issue.

Did not know the diff between the B55 and the E55. So having the same identical textures duplicated for the B and E 55 is normal?

Edit:

Gleaned this nugget from Wikipedia

B55
Introduced in 1964, run through 1982. Four to six-seats. New exterior scheme and interior design. A 120 lb (54 kg) increase in gross weight to 5,100 lb (2,313 kg). Priced at $59,950 (1964), $177,500 (1982).

<dl><dt>E55</dt><dd> Introduced in 1970, run through 1982. Four to six seats. Incorporated new paint scheme and interior design. Improved avionics and panel. Wing-tip lights and rotating beacon made flush; new entrance step. Also added were 172 US Gallon (166 usable) interconnected tanks with one fill cap per wing became an option in 1976. 433 built. Priced at $83,950 in 1970, $219,500 in 1982.

So they should of made different textures for the E55, instead of the same as the B 55 . That would of been a nice touch. :)

Looking for repaints for both.

</dd></dl>

fsafranek
January 4th, 2016, 15:41
The reason for removing the T-38A ADV and the F-4S/J is because those are new products and we are not yet ready to have them on sale.
Whatever.

Those are the only titles I'm interested in and I already gave to SOH so funds are tight again.

In any case, Happy Birthday Colin! :birthday:

gray eagle
January 4th, 2016, 15:49
The T-42A Cochise is a military version of the Baron 95-B55 for use by the US Army. This is a repaint for the Milviz Beech B55.
Flying over Corfu (LGKR)

I like this one!!!!

http://s2.postimg.org/x5ph3r8wp/Army.jpg

http://s4.postimg.org/jm7q74l59/Army1.jpg

http://s2.postimg.org/93d8mmhnd/Army2.jpg

Naki
January 4th, 2016, 16:55
Darn. Want the F-86 at the sale price and I'm camping at the beach... eyed this one up for ages waiting for a sale

glh
January 4th, 2016, 17:39
I get multi-color "bands" (see below) andthen the textures load in. I get some glitches and stops. I think I need to up my RAM from 2GB to 4GB and I'll be OK using this on Windows XP Pro. Great plane, Milviz. Think I'll get the Sabre before midnight.

simulloyd
January 4th, 2016, 17:49
Happy Birthday to Colin!

I am glad I caught the sale. My newest additions are now F-86 and UH-1.

oldmsgt
January 4th, 2016, 18:31
Happy Birthday! Got the T-38A, and the Red Bull P-38 (My Dad was a prop mechanic on them in the Pacific theater in WW2).

n4gix
January 5th, 2016, 11:13
I just installed the Baron B55. I noticed that there is another folder Beech E55. Is that the intended result?

Two different Models but, look like they have same textures names.
Why the B55 and E55 have same texture names?
The simple answer is that we wound up with two very nice FDEs for the Baron and decided to include both versions, assigning the one with slightly higher power to the E55 version.

The reason for the two separate aircraft folders is because one cannot have two .air files and aircraft.cfg files in the same folder! :very_drunk: