PDA

View Full Version : Conceding defeat on Opus Live Camera.

olderndirt
January 1st, 2016, 16:26
Just when I think I have it figured out, I don't. All I read is how simple it is - not as simple as me. Can anyone using Opus FSI lead me by the hand with Live Camera? I have the concept and can come up with cameras but I'm doing something wrong.

Maj Kong
January 2nd, 2016, 12:02
Like you, I struggled and struggled trying to get the @#%^ things. I never did see a satisfactory set of instructions from OPUS so I worked out my own system. It may be the long way round but it works. I do a completely new set for each plane because the "clone" thing still isn't explained well (can only clone one view at a time).
Here is my method for each view per plane:
1. Open "Cameras" and select "List Cameras for a specified Aircraft"
2. Pick your plane and "okay" or doubleclick
3. Select "Create" and choose camera type (I start with virtual cockpit)
4. Name the view
5. Click on the yellow box (it has a zero in it) and a dialogue pop-up with a question. If you have only one plane you want for that view click "NO", if more than one click "YES"
6. Then you are back at the master list to select one plane.....or if multiple planes hold down CTRL and select them. Press enter.
7. Back to views again..Yellow box now has the number of planes using that view.
8.Click Default view if applicable. ditto Enable DHM. track IR, and select key/button you want for the view
NOTE For VC I use Pilot view as default and JS button 2. This View is at the TOP of the VC view list. ALL other VC views are below it in my choice of order, AND ALL use js button 3. The views will cylcle in order as button 3 is pressed.

9. Now the easy part: use the arrows to set your view and when satisfied press okay.
10. Now you are back to your list and can "Create" again.

Sounds slow but quite easy after a few goes at it. Then you can look at the adjustments while in flight.
Hope this helps
Neal H

olderndirt
January 2nd, 2016, 16:46
Neal - you and I are looking at this from exactly the same angle and your method is about where I had arrived. Obviously there's no "free lunch" so I'll take the time to do as you're doing. Thanks a bunch for answering.
Dave R.

Naismith
January 3rd, 2016, 01:07
Pretty sure I've seen some excellent YT vids on the subject..

olderndirt
January 3rd, 2016, 09:19
Pretty sure I've seen some excellent YT vids on the subject..

I wish. Nothing, I've been able to find, for LIVE CAMERA.